D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you like the opiate itches?

well?

• yes

Votes: 606 66.8%
  • no

Votes: 301 33.2%

• Total voters
I HATE the itches. I dont quite understand how anybody could like being itchy but hey whatever floats your boat. 90% of the time its my balls (or that region anyway) that itches for whatever reason. Repeatedly scratching my balls when people are around is a bit...uhh...I dunno it just makes people look :p

from my handful of experiences with opiates, i'd have to say I get the most itchy on my upper back, neck, and upper chest. neck and chest are alright to get at, but the back......GOD DAM lol. And it really sucks wen u just scratch and scratch and you're all red...well, that is if you have light skin, lol.

I love nodding out, but I dont care for the itching. I get it mostly at my nose and eyes. Lately I've been taking antihistamines, (Benadryl) like 45 mins. prior to taking anything and it somewhat eliminates the problem, you still itch, but not much.

Yeah I occasionally get itchy balls too, but I totally don't mind it. Sometimes though the itching can be so bad that I end up with a rubbed red nose.

I answered yes for the simple fact that it keeps me noding instead of just drifting off into sleep when I'm really chilled out. It doesnt feel all that bad or good to me, and can sometimes be annoying but its much better than falling asleep throughout a sweet experience.

thanks to opiates I love getting itchy when i'm sober too

yea love um actually. breaking out a steak knife or a sharp bristle brush and scratch myself till I sigh...

A loud, resounding NO.

I want to nod off, but I fucking can't if I gotta come to and scratch something. What a pain in the ass. Literally, a buzz killer. Benadryl is a must.

nah it pisses me off, one of the major reasons i dont do opiates so much
but then i get itchy from stimulants and even sumtimes from smoking pot as well, ive got quite sensitive skin
its almost always my face that gets the itch worst, but my shoulders and back can get pretty bad as well

I don't mind it, but... I guess it all depends. I think if I am really looking forward to getting a good "opiated" feeling that I haven't felt in a long time, I kind of enjoy it, but it can get so bothersome having to itch yourself all the time, when you wanna just lay/sit there, nod off and think complete and absolute nothingness. I guess, in small dosages, the itchiness isn't so bad.
By the way, I highly recommend one of those long backscratcher thingies you can get for scratching your back... I think whoever invented such a thing must have been an Opiate user. :)

Sometimes can be a pain though... when your girlfriend that doesn't know you use, asks you where you get all these little scratches from on your back.

It feels SOOOO good to itch a realy itchy spot when ur all faded and noddin out.Its so satisfying.A bit uhhh awkword when ur around parents/co-workers though:)

MissBehavin'_416 said:
When you scratch them it feels like fucking orgasms.

When I'm somewhere where ppl can't know I'm high i hate them. They probably think I'm dirty or something...
My feelings exactly :)

I like them, but sometimes if it's real bad it's just annoying.

i'm adhd as fuck, and it just ends up with me scratching everywhich way not payin attention to what I'm tryin to do or the people around (if i'm around peeps.)

then again rollin around in bed eyes flutterin around scratchin at random shit does feel miiiiiiight good sometimes :)

I hate the itch after snorting some speed, no not the burning feeling, that is good, but after about 10-15min the tip of my nose starts itching like a lunatic

that sucks

These days me and opiates don't do much hanging ut, but IMO the itch is best when it's localized to a certain region and not spread across my whole body. I love the itch but it's gotta be gentle. I know what CR means by having to get up to scratch when your in a comfy spot.

My old friend C - god rest his soul - was enamored with the itches almost more then the high. I would walk in the door to his apartment and he would be laid back in his recliner with a huge grin, slits for eyes, and he would have long scratch marks up each arm. I would have to tell him to stop because he actually would break the damn skin on occassion. and sometimes he would have scatches that would stay visible for days, even on his forehead.

Funny thing about C, the first time I got introduced to hard pharmaceutical opiods, it was oxycodone, the 5/350's. C was experienced with it but I'd never done it before and was totally opiod-naieve. So he said we each take 12 of these (that's 60mg of oxy) so I was very nervous about it because he was telling me all about how it's as good as smack and how fucking fucked up I was gonna get. So, nervously I popped them, all 12. Then we sat down to watch TV and all I noticed was a slight warmth beginning in my body and I was just really nervous, really really nervous. meanwhile, 15 more minutes pass and C is writhing around in his couch in ecstasy scratching himself silly. I know it sounds crazy but I sat there and felt hot and feverish for about an hour but that was all I felt, no euphoria whatsoever, no buzz, no daydreams, no respiratory depression. My brain didn't know how to interpret the euphoric comonent of the opiod buzz at that point, it wasn't properly acclimated. I really think that my hyper-nervousness and elevated adrenelin had a lot to do with stopping the euphoria. But I was askin him why the hell are you scratching all over like that? I couldn't figure it out.

I remember I got suddenly and irrationally very angry and left. On the drive home I got totally nauseated and puked out the door a few times - that was the most god-awful taste I can remember.

The next day I decided to give it a try again but this time i was not nervous at all. So another 12 down the hatch and 30 minutes later I finally found the heavenly glory I was sold, I awoke in the promised land, wrapped up in that warm blanket of totally intense bliss and god, I never knew itches could be such a sweet pleasure.

Forgive my lengthy digression, jeeze it might as well be a trip report, it just brought back the memories.