• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

People who smoke weed everyday

monkeyjunky

Bluelighter
Everyone I've met and known who smokes cannabis every day is pretty stupid, or more accurately, make themselves stupid by smoking every day - stupid in the sense that they deliberately indulge in something that is (in most cases) going to render the rest of the day completely useless.
I was just reading something in CD about cannabis withdrawal, and people claiming that they had physical W/Ds, and it reminded me of how i felt when i smoked a lot in the past.
My cannabis use was different to other drugs that i have used in that i didn't enjoy the effects as much as the fact that the "high" was simply not sober. I'll admit, it has been awhile, but i don't ever remember the high being *euphoric* (and i have smoked the best grass with crystal-like trichromes in amsterdam) - though, with friends, it is undeniably *fun*.
This is where the distinction lies - between social and antisocial use. In the latter - cannabis becomes almost a repressant of your personality - you smoke to push reality under. The "physical w/ds" that people talked about reminded me of the self hatred i felt when not smoking weed - maybe due to their heavier use, this was physically manifested.
I don't know, it just seems to me to be a problem that isn't really recognised enough - its pretty cyclical - like, you're sitting on the sofa, stoned, and you want to go read, but you can't cos you're stoned so you just smoke some more to forget about it.
On the other hand, you've got louis armstrong who demanded a joint before he got out of bed. And he did some pretty cool stuff.
I'm probably just self-analysing here - comments are very welcome
i also realise that this could probably be applied to any drug used habitually, but iwas trying to get at how cannabis users look at it differently

Last edited:
^^ LOL

I smoke it everyday and yes I'm stupid, so what?
Whats the point here?
"If you smoke weed, you get stupid", we all know it. Thats not a new thing. And personally I don give a fuck:). I like beeing stupid;).

cannabis retards

I agree with you monkeyjunky. I can relate to what you said...as i used to be in that boat with cannabis. I no longer smoke everyday...hell, at the most i smoke maybe once every few months..There's a group of potheads that i used to smoke with in highschool all the time, and for a little bit when i started college..I stopped hanging out with them all the time when high school was nearing an end...this was because i was doing a shitload of other drugs, and they wre still only smoking pot. I couldn't bring over anything that wasnt weed and do it there, because they were all against "hard drugs"..do i pretty much stpped hanging out with them all together. They were worried about my usage of hard drugs, when i was holding down a job (doing a damn good job at it too), paying my own bills in my place, etc, etc..when none of them had a job, a couple of them never had a job...all they do is sit in that garage and smoke weed all day...they hardly even talk to each other or say anything...good thing there;s a TV there with Xbox and PS2 8) They're like big babies...

This is of course a completely generalized statement. As there are PLENTY of potheads..(I consider someone a pothead if they smoke everyday)..plenty of them who are very productive members of this society; packed to the brim with knowledge; and are the exact oppositve of lazy....Cannabis really stimulates some people..and at the same time no paranoia or anxiety...this makes for a deadly good combo for being a productive person..

I dont even think cannabis makes you stupid..it doesnt even make you think slow...you just start thinking way more lucid and dreamy...your mind travels all over the place...doesnt make you stupid...You're processing more information at one single moment when you're high..so simple things like getting words out at normal speed, you're not even really thinking about...you're apathetic to the fact that you should get them out faster and smoothly..i'm sure you understand this concept.. ..Some people smoke weed to escape their problems, and/or percieved character and physical flaws...people can and do this with any drug though..

I'll add more to the thread later i guess..i'm really rambling and switching gears, hopping over to different views and self contradicting myself too much today...i'm only on 2 hours sleep still fucked up on opiates. :)

What really pisses me off is when potheads try to tell you how pot isn't a "drug", and it not only doesn't cause any problems, but it's the solution to every problem in the world.

I smoke it every day, and I do fine. I'm 20 and have two jobs, one of which is a professional management position. I'm also a full time student with an A- average.

If you want to say "alot of people who get high every day are stupid," fine. But don't make an all inclusive blanket statement.

Cannabis betrayed me so it can go fuck itself for all I care. Marijuana is harmful just like anyother drug. In fact for me personally it was the most harmful drug I had ever done since it increased my panic attacks and anxiety disorder dramatically.... and I mean dramatically. Yes it does impair you and smoking it everyday is just like doing anyother drug everyday (minus the agonizing physical withdrawls though the psychological withdrawls from weed are no fukcing joke). I must say though, that if it wasn't for the fact that weed induces major panic attacks on me, I would love it. That stupidity only lasts a few days and I used to only smoke on fridays so by the time the week comes around I'm back to normal. Like I said, smoking weed everyday is just as idiotic as doing anyother drug everyday.

Everyone I've met and known who smokes cannabis every day is pretty stupid, or more accurately, make themselves stupid by smoking every day - stupid in the sense that they deliberately indulge in something that is (in most cases) going to render the rest of the day completely useless.

then stop hanging out with losers and stupid people perhaps?

I smoke everyday. I smoke on the weekends while at uni, though. I'd say yes smoking it everyday has dulled me a bit but it's nothing stopping and cutting down severely before/when the schoolyear comes around won't fix

I smoke each evening and every weekend. It has been that way for at least 5 years. Some people crack open a beer after work, I light a joint. I do not feel my daily marijuana use has rendered me an idiot nor are the company I keep.

i think smoking everyday can drastically steer you in either directions. it can greatly slow your mind, or it can greatly stimulate it. it all depends on your purpose for smoking weed and your state of mind. and since i just notice that its 4:20 pm and im writing this that it must be true.

i think that in truth the worst thing about marijuana use is the time wasted. i used to smoke heavily, and looking back at it - it didnt really hurt my life at all, minus the amount of time i spent high that i could have dedicated to other things.

if you find yourself addicted to MJ, be happy, because you would be much more hopelessly addicted doing anything else. MJ is the only drug i can think of that you can smoke all the fucking time, and then just quit, it really is bad training for other drug use which cant be treated so lightly.

if your life is ruined on MJ, then you obviously worked pretty hard to ruin it.

personally, i dont find the rest of the day shot after i get high. in fact what is nice about MJ is that the high dies after 2 hours with no hang over (unlike alcohol). so i could get high right after work and still be lucid after dinner. now the problem is some people smoking weed are dangerously stupid to begin with, and the smoking just makes it worse. but that is another story

Some people are stupid, some people smoke weed, and some people are both. There isn't a direct correlation. Too many daily smokers blame their natural stupidity and laziness on weed.

This is just a misinformed stereotype. Years of very frequent cannabis use hasn't "ruined my life" in the least. The non-smokers I know are the ones who sit on their ass doing nothing. If you can't do anything with your day because you're "too high" then try taking responsibilty for yourself and get your stoned self up and do what you need to - it really isn't that hard.

joeriot said:
Some people are stupid, some people smoke weed, and some people are both. There isn't a direct correlation. Too many daily smokers blame their natural stupidity and laziness on weed.

This not true. Some people get stupid because of daily cannabis use, some people just dont. You cant blame the potheads.

I don't think marijuana makes a person stupid and lazy, but I can see how iit could attract people like that. Just about every regular pot smoker I know has dropped out of something. Mind you, some stoners I know are some of the most inspired people I've ever met and if they go through all the right people they'll go far.

i didn't mean stupid as in - if you smoke weed then you're stupid, or if you smoke weed it lowers your iq. I mean for the vast majority of people (and yes sorry for the blanket statement - i realise there are exceptions - i do know 2 very high achievers who are potheads) it gets in the way of the stuff you need to do. And in a way that is way different to any other drug. I just think the perception of it as a drug you can safely do every day is fucked up - because it just screws with you concentration, in away that other drugs (that you can realistically do every day) don't seem to.
So many people say some guff like "it really helps with creativity" which is just so laughably bullshit.

If you can't do anything with your day because you're "too high" then try taking responsibilty for yourself and get your stoned self up and do what you need to - it really isn't that hard

This is what i did - i realised after a couple of months that it was really suppressing my character, and dropped the shit.

I smoke each evening
Thats fine - you've done what you needed and wanted to do. That is recreational use, even though "heavy". My point is concerning those who use it like many people use alcohol - as a depressant - and the fact that they see it as this magic, liberating plant.:\

...i'm only on 2 hours sleep still fucked up on opiates.
:D thats where its at dexter!

edit
Ooooooh, right, i know what it is - its easier to lie to yourself while using cannabis - everyone, including those 2 "exceptions" (one of whom i know intimately) and myself deceives themselves while on weed. Moreso than any other drugs (and while sober smartasses) - and its probably due to its "soft image". And i don't even mean just lying to yourself about the severity of the problem - i mean about anything and everything - relationships, work.

Last edited:
Marijuana is an incredibly forgiving substance ...

BUT this is precisely why it can turn so harmful for some people.
Do you think I'd have gotten drunk every day of my life for the past 4 years? No, because the side effects would have kept me from wanting to do so.

With marijuana, the side effects are so soft and unnoticable that you keep on smoking day after day after day after day until one day you realise it's been years since you have gone to sleep without smoking ...

I'd be the first to admit, if there was any justice in this world I SHOULD HAVE FUCKING DIED from the withdrawal effects, I mean, who the fuck would be stupid enough to get high on a drug for years and years? Well, I was, and as I said, marijuana is so fucking forgiving, the worst withdrawal I've ever had was some lack of sleep & less hunger (which last 3 or 4 days).

I still haven't decided what I think of pot - is it good or bad? I can tell you this much:
It would be good if I could manage to only smoke on weekends.

+ It's very bad how I ended up abusing it and ultimately, killing the experience.

marijuana's efficacy and uses ... far outweigh the potential side effects experienced after prolonged usage ... from my standpoint.