• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

People who smoke weed everyday

i smoke everyday for periods because it pushes my mind in a more peaceful direction. when im stoned im content with whatever i have, the kingdom of heaven is within and marijuana is a great reminder of that. after using it for long periods i am then able to stop yet i stay blissfull by not allowing myself to get too caught up in the affairs of this world .

pot is a crazy drug ... this has been a good thread.

looking back I wish I would have regarded pot as a tool like LSD or 4-ho-dmt instead of a recreational, habitual thing.

i love the passge in "True Hallucinations" when Terrance McKenna smoked out a shaman during a group ayahuasca session and the shaman, who had never smoked weed before, took one toke and shed a tear and said one word: "fuerte" (strong). Thats coming from a man whos role in his society is to trip aya all the time and learn from the spirit world. Pot is really a beutiful experience if used right.

I smoke everyday
I go to the most research intensive university in Canada
I got a 1500 on the SAT's while smoking everyday (and that time i didnt really try)
I do ratwork/brainslicing in my free time
I studied 40 minutes for my last midterm. Most people spent 6 days, and I think I'm the only daily smoker in the class. I got an A-...the average was like a B or so
I took an intro year at McGill where they try to fail you out. I'm a psych and Poli Sci student, so barely a science kid. I passed every prereq science course, while taking 3 sciences (and 2 lab sciences), a semester

So have I made myself dumb?

No, it's just a matter of smoking when you got your shit done, OR being academically functional when smoking.

Re: cannabis retards

DexterMeth said:
this was because i was doing a shitload of other drugs, and they wre still only smoking pot. I couldn't bring over anything that wasnt weed and do it there, because they were all against "hard drugs"..do i pretty much stpped hanging out with them all together. They were worried about my usage of hard drugs, when i was holding down a job (doing a damn good job at it too), paying my own bills in my place
I could be wrong, but the way you phrased that, it sounded like they were just trying to look out for you and make sure that you weren't overdoing it with the 'shitload of other drugs', while you were an asshole and decided you were too cool for them ;)

i know what he means - potheads doing fuck all but its ok because pots a soft drug - while someone else is "in too deep" (but still keeping up with stuff)because they're on to more rewarding substances:D
i think gugglebum has pretty much nailed it:)

Its all relative. Pot is a softer drug. But its not as soft as caffeine or tobbaco. Look at the many coffee drinkers and cigarette smokers out there who don't even think of what they are doing as doing a drug. And they'll think if you smoke pot you are "in too deep". If there's one thing we should all learn its not to make stereotypes.

monkeyjunky said:

So many people say some guff like "it really helps with creativity" which is just so laughably bullshit.

Ok so maybe it doesn;t help YOU with creativity. All that means is that you don;t know how to use the experience correctly. I promise you, thoughts flow a lot easier when you're high. How are you gonna call bullshit on someone elses mental state, when you've clearly never experienced it?

Maybe never experienced their mental state per se, but i have certainly experienced the outcome. More than enough times to make a general statement about it.
I should make it clear again - at one point for a couple of months i was guilty of all of this.

I promise you, thoughts flow a lot easier when you're high

in my experience - that is bullshit. It confuses you, makes you slow, fumbling - which is fun once in a while with friends. I'm saying that for most people, to do it every day is mentally debilitating.

no, in your experience it didn't make your thoughts flow easier. i've had many good ideas while high that i would have been very unlikely to think of otherwise. ive even used it to help me understand concepts i can't grast while sober. it's like an alternate perspective on things. of course there are downsides such as confusion as well.

monkeyjunky said:

in my experience

And as a mild psychedelic, people's experiences will differ. Ask Kary Mullis, or Carl Sagan, or Aldous Huxley why they did drugs. I guarantee you it wasn't to get messed up with their friends. I'm sorry that you can't seem to tap into this aspect of cannabis, but don;t think that that means we can't.

I started smoking everyday multiple times early this year. I've done nothing but improve myself in almost all aspects of life. I'll be graduating from highschool a year early too.

That doesn't mean I haven't seen pot have a negative effects on people. I know a girl who cannot funtion without weed, and started showing obvious signs of psychosis when shge tried to quit. She was in and out of psych wards as well as being put on and off antipsychotics for a year. Sad stuff.

Im a chef and when i smoke out, and get hungry I think of really nice things too cook as opposed to when im sober.

Sometimes I really surprise myself.

All hail the mighty plant :)

[/QUOTE] Aldous Huxley [/QUOTE]

I doubt Huxely ever ever used cannabis regularly
and by "in my experience" i meant my own, personal experience and my observance of people under the influence. It does make you fumble words ideas and concepts. I obviously can't argue with you if you say it helps you "understand concepts i can't grast while sober", but i've never seen or heard of that in anyone else.

But Huxley,along with Mullis, used other psychedelics. All I'm trying to say is that these types of drugs can and do have the effect of enhanced creativity.

Roger&Me said:
What really pisses me off is when potheads try to tell you how pot isn't a "drug", and it not only doesn't cause any problems, but it's the solution to every problem in the world.

LOL>..this from a guy who call himself

Dr.McBUDSTOKE....

^^was thinkin the same thing, but.....:\ maybe thats why he changed his name who knows

Far as this whole topic goes,
theres many stages of weed smoking.

Theres the just started, ITS GREAT, only do it on the weekends stage

2. the "hey hey hey hey, smoke weed everyday" stage = young fuck-arounds, think meth and red in "how high"

3. the smoke everyday cuz you just do it and its just what you do after a certain point stage

4. the "im done with this, i dont need it anymore, i aint smokin except maybe once a month or on special occasions" phase

5. then after you get through that, and the disilusionment and shit, you just be like, you know what, fuck it.

Like perpetual indulgence said, by the way she described perfectly how it usually is for me, you can turn the "im older now and im done with that shit" way, or you can go the "im older now and im done with being stupid about, now im an adult and i just wanna chill out and smoke my weed in my 'old age' (;) ) " way

For me, i smoke alot, i love smokin, and i experienced the let down when you aint even high anymore but you just get ''not sober'; like orignal poster said. but you know what?

"Life's a bitch and then you die
thats why we get high
cuz ya never know, when youre gonna go...

Lifes a bitch and then you die, thats why we puff la...."

I think it sort of depends on the company you keep. I used to smoke everyday for a pretty long period of time, with a couple of close mates. We'd generally sit and play SNES games, talk, make stuff, go out, generally use weed to make the stuff we did anyway a bit more interesting.

Now I still smoke everyday, but with two groups of people. The first group (which my old mate smokes with, and he HAS changed) tend to sit around inside all day smoking, saying nothing and listening to music.

The second group, which is comprised mostly of myself, my girlfriend, her older brother and whoever fancies dropping in, I have a lot more fun with. It's essentially the same as it used to be, we spend a lot more time talking than just getting high, and tend to get into big (but essentially pointless) debates. We go out more, and they're more likely to come up with something to do, or just go out for a walk or whatever.

So I guess that's my long winded way of saying I think every day weed use CAN make you stupid, but mostly only if you let it.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about monkeyjunky!!

Just because I smoke weed 24/7 and party doesn't mean I am stupid!! I work full time and I go to school and manage to maintain a 3.5 GPA. How the hell am I stupid?

No matter how much I smoke it doesn't get in the way of my responsibilities.

I just think you are a hater! Maybe you should smoke some weed and not assume everybody who does is an idiot.

I've noticied this trend much like Roger&Me pointed out whenever someone insults weed they think that person should go smoke and everything will become magically good or ok.