Bluelight

Thread: THC and Probation

1. Collapse Details
    THC and Probation 
    Bluelighter
    Thumbs down
    I smoked pot for the first time in about 6 months 2 weeks ago, just a bowl of crypt. A week ago I smoked a joint. I have to go to probation by July 6, and there is a good chance I will be drug tested. Am I going to be ok? I went to the Eroid drug vault but there are so many variables. I am 5'5" and about 110lbs. Should I get the stuff to clean out my system or should I be fine and am just being paranoid? Any advice except the obvious "Just dont smoke" will be greatly appreciated.

2. Collapse Details

I'd say youre in a spot of bother

THC is testable through urine for up to 4-5 weeks.

3. Collapse Details

Weed
    That means there will be about a month between the date you smoked and when you are being tested. If it's truly been 2 weeks since you last smoked, my advice to you is DO NOT SMOKE AGAIN before your "date" with your PO. At 5'5 and 110 lbs, you're not likely to have alot of body fat on you, which means excess THC that hasn't already been motabolised by your body isn't going to have much place to store itself for release at a later date. This is a good thing.

Your best bet would be to skip the expensive "cleaner" bullshit, and do all of the below between now and your date:

1. Drink plenty of water every day.

2. Eat plenty of fruits and veggies every day, since most of them have naturally occuring antioxidants which will help flush you out.

3. Work out/run/do whatever makes you sweat profusely... at least a few times per week if not every day. Your body gets rid of toxins when you sweat.

If you follow the advice above you should not have any problems.

DO NOT just drink a whole bunch of water on July 6 with the expectation of diluting your urine screening, because in some places (such has here in PW County, VA) a diluted screen will count against you. Here in PW County the guideline is no more than 8 oz. of water per 30 minutes before a screening. Also, don't plan on using a "Whizinator" or fake urine or anything like that because your PO (or a gender-appropriate stand-in) WILL BE WATCHING YOU CLOSELY when you piss.

Alot of people "cheat" and get away with it, but you have to use good judgement. Don't rely on commercial "cleaners" because the ONLY THING those companies are concerned with is taking money of out your pocket. Any guarantees they give are completely meaningless in the context of the law.

If you're seeing your PO on a monthly basis, and you decide that getting high is worth risking your freedom, you're gonna have to limit your intake to something like 1 or 2 bowls - no more, and no sooner than a month before your next PO date - in other words, within a few days AFTER your previous visit. The key is to drink plenty of water regularly and keep your metabolism moving as fast as absolutely possible at all times, which means working out regularly and eating smaller, more frequent meals - kind of like if you're on a workout plan. An increased metabolism means your body is cycling stuff through faster, which is good. Also, keep your body fat down as low as possible, although at 110lbs you don't really wanna lose any weight.

A friend of mine is in a similar situation as you. He is 5'7", 130lbs with little body fat. He sees his PO roughly every 30 days. He'll see his PO in Thursday, smoke a bowl or two with some friends on Friday or Saturday night, and follows the plan mentioned in the beginning of this post. HE REMAINS CLEAN FOR THE REST OF THE TIME, has had several visits with his PO, and to date, has has no positive urine screens.

Again, I don't wanna sound like I'm advocating cheating, but just be smart about it and - I can't stress this enough - DO NOT RELY ON CLEANER PRODUCTS. It takes alot of willpower for a former pothead to smoke only 1 or 2 bowls once a month, and if you don't think you can hack it - or even if you do - the best idea is STAY CLEAN ALTOGETHER.

Keep your head up. Stay out of trouble and it'll all be over before you know it.

4. Collapse Details

Oh damn, I missed the whole " a week ago I smoked a joint" thing.

You should still be okay if you can metabolise it quick enough but 3 weeks and a joint is cutting it dangerously close. KemicalBurn is right, THC can be detectable for over a month - if you smoke heavily or your metabolism is very slow. The best advice I can give is still: drink water, eat right (+ fruits/veggies, - fats/processed sugars), and sweat it out as much as possible. Like all other methods, there are no guarantees but it'll certainly help drive your levels down as low as possible.
    Last edited by SomeOneElse001; 23-06-2005 at 19:32.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Much thanks guys. I think from now on I'll just avoid the whole pot thing...a bowls not worth a violation. Thanks again.