• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tips on correctly inserting needles

paradoxcycle

Bluelight Crew
After cleaning the injection site and preparing your rig you'll want to attempt to follow the procedures I'll detail below:

TYING OFF
Use gravity to bring blood to the limb you're going to use to inject before applying your tourniquet (tie): swing or hang your arms, make a fist, etc. Tie your tourniquet in such a way that it can be easily removed if necessary. Try to secure 'rolling' veins like those in your forearms before you inject into them. Finally, be sure not to leave the tourniquet on for too long. If you feel your limb becoming numb or notice it turning blue, undo your tourniquet and don't retie it until you're ready to inject.
tyingoff.gif

INSERTING YOUR NEEDLE
Insert the needle into your vein with the needle bevel opening facing up, at a 15 to 35 degree angle, and always in the direction of the heart. The more perpendicular the needle is to the injection site, the greater chance you have of sticking the needle through the vein instead of into it.

Correct needle insertion- blood flows freely into needle:
needleinsertion1.gif

Incorrect needle insertion- bevel on vein lower wall does not allow blood to flow:
lowerwall.gif

REGISTERING
Once you think you're in a vein, pull the plunger back to see if blood comes into the syringe. If so, and the blood is dark red and slow moving, you know that you've hit a vein. You can now untie your tourniquet and proceed to inject your drugs. If no blood or only a very tiny amount of blood comes into the syringe when you pull back, you're not in a vein and will have to untie your tourniquet, pull your needle out, and try again. If you proceed to inject without being properly positioned in a vein, you'll be putting your drugs into the tissue surrounding the vein, under the skin, or some other place. It will probably be painful and become swollen, and the effects of your drugs will come on much more slowly. You also risk abscess formation and other possible problems.

PULLING OUT
After you've successfully injected your drugs, carefully pull the needle out of the injection site at the same angle at which it went in. (To minimize bruising, you should have untied your tourniquet before you injected your shot.) Apply pressure to the injection site to stop any bleeding. Don't use alcohol pads on a fresh injection wound: alcohol will cause it to bleed more, not less.

Judging by some of the pics in the user galleries and a lot of what we see in the dope/otherIVdrug scene, the text available to everyone giving all the correct injection methods isn't enough, so maybe the pictures will be. Good, detailed, post with images even. Now nobody has excuses for bruised and fucked up arms :)

The problems come when you REALLY need that shot, and your shaking and almost shitting yourself while trying to make it go straight to the brain.

yeah, kind of makes me want to get a surgically implanted plastic vein i can shoot into anytime.

a good tip to not fuck up your vains to bad if your not a reg user

get short needles... not 1/2... i think they where 1/4th im not 100% sure ill have to find the package later

ultrafine shorts where what my budy asked for when he went to get um. they where so short where it was nere impossible to pop through the vain... which tends to happen with people who are not experenced in IVing. it can cause alot of damage to your vains. now... that doesnt mean slam at a 60 degree angle just kinda line it up with the rest of your arm...

harder to explain on the internet....

i recommend you slam with someone who has done it before and can show u a few times...

n4k33n: I had one of those things. A 50cm tube that went into my forearm and all the way up along my arm. Was very good for shooting, just had to flush with saline before and after.

When you pull it out it makes an awful popping noise as it sorta goes through all the valves in the vein. Leaves a big hole too, heheh.

I find it easiest to press the syringe flat against my arm and then slide it into the vein, 'cause there's less change of it coming out. I spend a while trying to judge the direction and width of the vein by the shadows across it, heh. Is this wrong? My veins actually seem fine after a lot of abuse.

god, i saw this one website before that had these SWEET ASS rigs, they had these things on the needle that would hold the needle in place at the correct angle and you could adjust where it was on the needle. fucking tight.

I am glad I have fat veins...... I missed this weekend though, I woke up feeling dopesick out of no-where. I couldn't be dopesick, no opiate use that week that could bring on such a horrible shape, and valium didn't help a bit either. I missed half the shot because I shaked and almost threw up while getting ready.

It helped though, I wasn't sick after.

I now have a fresh trackmark, I kinda promised myself not to shoot anymore and I can't keep my promise. I hate loosing half the effects when snorting or smoking or whatever.

I am not sick anymore though, and have enough for tomorrows "workplace-outandabout". The rest of them are drinking from morning til night, and I can't do that, I must have a drink every half-hour if I start. Much better to have a shot, and then maybe drink later.

Thanks (Paradoxcycle, et al) for the multi-pronged harm reduction--especially in that this kind of talk can kill the impulse to start down this path...

paradoxcycle said:
^It's called a butterfly, Kandy K.

butterflyfinal.jpg

wtf

ive never seen anything like that

thats...interesting....but wouldnt u get a lot of air in the veins that way? And how would you draw back blood?

i was talking about something more like this: http://catalog.bd.com/bdCat/viewProduct.doCustomer?productNumber=305930

god
if i had access to these
i'd be the mack daddy of junkies

they got a bunch of other ones with useful gadgets, they had one that would hold the needle at correct angle... i wanted to get one that had both the stopper and the angle but doesnt seem like they do. i'll keep looking around the site.

crack4kids, i know, i know, ur overwhelmed, and those are just tears of happiness. but please stop drooling, you know mom doesnt like that

DexterMeth said:
No pun intended.

Lol "tips". I honestly didnt even think about the wording when I typed it.

And damn Kandy that website... Its got like the Cadillac of rigs. It would be great if you could just get stuff like that from the pharamacy no questions asked.

the beveled openeing facing up is VERY important btw.......not only are you less likely to fuck up your veins by doing this, but the needle slides in MUCH easier, resulting in less track marks.....I'm willing to bet that not a lot of people think about this when they're ready to shoot......

Nice quickie guide, Para!!!

http://catalog.bd.com/bdCat/viewProduct.doCustomer?productNumber=305922
http://catalog.bd.com/ecat/images/f22/sglidene.jpg[?IMG]
this needle here is 25, so you wouldnt wanna shoot with it, but that thing on the side always faces the beveled side so you know where that is, so you can have it facing up as itchyskratchy said...

look through there, anybody know what these "filter" needles are? what wbout the "vented" needles?

watch the videoes too, the thing on the side is jus a cap you put over the tip when your done, so you dont prick yourself... tell me how it "holds the needle in place" i dont get it...

and some of these are probably available at kroger's if you jus ask for it by name, they let me look through all the different rigs they had one day i saw some crazy shit...