• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tips on correctly inserting needles

object_morphine_needle1.jpg

Here is my rig.

Jokes aside. Good post Para. Really importent stuff.

However, my dealer never ties his arm. Is this bad? Or is tieing just so the veins pop out more?

^It doesn't mean it's "bad", it just means his veins are more prominent, so he doesn't need to.

when i first started slamming home, i never had to tie off...a couple months later after daily use, i began to tie off..had to....

crackforkids said:

watch the videoes too, the thing on the side is jus a cap you put over the tip when your done, so you dont prick yourself... tell me how it "holds the needle in place" i dont get it...

eh?
sglidein.jpg
thats so you dont prick yourself?

Tongue said:
when i first started slamming home, i never had to tie off...a couple months later after daily use, i began to tie off..had to....

Yup, pretty standard. I had great veins when I started. Never had to tie off, could hit just about anywhere on my body no problem. Then it got bad. Vein after vein gone. Had to go to the neck eventually. The worst was that at some point, it wasn't from missed shots or sticking the same spot over and over, I think my veins just had enough. I'd find a new one worth shooting and within a week it'd be gone- again, not from missed shots- think it had more to do with the strength of the shots being way too hard on the veins, or prolonged use just sclerosing the veins overall. Now it's a treasure hunt to find a vein- enough so that it definitely helped in the decision to finally quit (again).

Dilute your shots as much as possible, use clean water/saline (I was bad about this when my habit was bad- tap water was good enough), rotate your shot spots- once you start losing your happy spots, this gets harder and harde, but it's worth it for sure!

doc

Kerrigan said:
n4k33n: I had one of those things. A 50cm tube that went into my forearm and all the way up along my arm. Was very good for shooting, just had to flush with saline before and after.

When you pull it out it makes an awful popping noise as it sorta goes through all the valves in the vein. Leaves a big hole too, heheh.

My god that is the most horrible thing I have ever read, kinda reminds me of the infected arm in requiem for a dream :|

filter_20.jpg

Hey sweet, so apparently that's a filter of some sort for injecting....does anybody know how effective that is in comparison to micron or cotton? And apparently they have one for filtering water-based fluids, and one for oil-based fluids. Which one would you use for different drugs?