• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The High: Methadone vs. Oxycontin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an experienced user of both and in my opinion i would take methadone anydays only because of what everyones been saying..

The dam STUFF lasts forever....

picture an OXY high like a huge slope with a peak then it goes way down

for methadone its like your running on a flat plain for 20+ hrs... althought the euphoria after the first 5-8 hrs doesnt compare hrs later... u still have some sort of "Nod"

i love oxy but it doesnt last long at all... and im curious if anyone can tell me how long oxy lasts for them if they are an experienced user....

I eat oxy it kicks in about 40 mins and after 2 hrs it feels like i already have to redose..

Unfortunetly i only have about 150mgs of methadone left and about 1kmg of oxy..

However, i also love using methadone when going on extended breaks... it definetly takes the edge off the first few days of oxy WD's and even small doses( as little as 2mgs) seem to help with my oxy wds or make the first few days noticebly less agonizing

Suprised...

Hmmm...I am really baffled. I would have never bet , in a million years, that I would ever see more than a couple of people choose methadone over any moderate [or stronger] opiate/opioid. Methadone is great if I] you are witdrawing...or II] you just enjoy nodding and/or sleeping. Personally I like to get high [or used to being that I have been on a high dose of methadone for several years] and that would always cause me to pick almost any opiate/opioid over methadone. To each their own I suppose...

Lots of great info I was looking for here on Methadone, thanks. I am trying for my first time in a few days for recreational use.

Does anyone have any info on snorting Methadone, I have noticed it hasn't been brought up and I was wondering if it could quicken the high.

Thanks

No snorting methadone won't help much at all. Some people might disagree, but since oral bioavailability is so high taking it orally is the best way to ensure you get the most out of a given dosage.

It is possible that if you have pills and can crush and snort them (5-, 10-mg only the 40s are way too big to snort IMHO) it may hit you a but quicker. In any case it will take quite a while to feel full effects so take it slow and easy.

--speedball

Thanks, I also did some searches and I will definently swallow. Do you know where i could find a list of different drugs and their bioavailabilities? Thanks

methadone dose not get you high after a couple days of use that is the whole point to hold onto your dopamine receptors and make it so if you do other opies you wont get high so you can get off opies, oxycotin you can get high of daily so that is your best bet unless you use almost never then methadone will give you a nice itchy buzz but oxy or H is the way to go in my book H is cheaper and the rush kicks ass. god i am dope sick and i need some H bad.

ombladon said:
Oxy(oral)- kicks in within 40 minutes, and peaks within an hour-an hour and half after taking it. The high starts off with a small rush feeling at the begining, rather a minor butterfly feeling where you feel really motivated, energetic and mabye even hungry. After 4-5 minutes this goes away and the high turns into a very euphoric, very warm and cozy high. You are able to nodd and can still feel a little stimulated in the sense that you feel you can do anything you want, be it lying on the couch or doing other stuff like computer, etc. It gets you high for a good 2-3 hours, after which you can still feel mellow and happy (afterglow) for another 2-3 hours, though the major euphoric and nodding effects have gone away. Afterwards the effects will be pretty much completly gone.

Methadone (oral)- takes 4 hours to peak. Within the first hour you feel, a slight physical relief (esp if addicted) and feel like you would from mabye a little codeine. Within the second hour the high can be felt, very much resembling oxy esp snorted in that you feel the opiate high though you also feel very stimulated/outgoing energetic. You might get the desire to do something with your time. Within the 3rd hour the high decreases in the amount of stimulation and starts increasing gradually in sedation (like a hydrocodone buzz would be) although the motivation is still there, you rather feel like 'everything is ALRIGHT'. You might get the desire to lye down on the couch or relax somewhere and watch some tv. By the fourth hour you will be very high, and sedated, you will be nodding out and feeling euphoric though not like the euphoria you get from oxy. But rather a euphoria that's not as 'stimulating/rushy', but the kind of euphoria that's like 'oh my god, everything is alllright', you feel like you can do pretty much anything but you will probably choose to chill out and enjoy your high. You feel the major effects up to 6-8 hours after taking it, and feel residual effects for the rest of the day till you go to sleep. Rather than an after glow, it's more like 'residual effects', where you don't feel as happy as on oxy but you feel nice and comfortable, and better than normal.

To sum it up quite nicely, many people say methadone isn't euphoric, though that's not true. For many people it is. If what you are after is a very euphoric buzz where you may or may not nodd out as much, though you feel very euphoric and sociable, and mabye once in a while if you want or try you can nodd out and feel euphoric/stimulated as well, then your best bet is either one of the following: oxycontin (oral-a bit more sedating, snorted-a lot more stimulated/euphoric though still mellow), hydromorphone (snorted- a bit more of a stimulating feeling than oxycontin, takes higher doses in order to get that plus a warm nodd), fentanyl (oral- mixed in a 500mL water bottle and sipped is A WHOLE LOT more stimulating/cleaner feeling than oxy, and the euphoria beats even oxy's euphoria, though you nodd easier on oxy) and that's about all I can think of right now. All those drugs are for people who like the euphoric/outgoing sociable type of high that oxy gives.

Other people (myself included) aren't as much after the euphoric/sociable/outgoing rushy type effects that the previously mentioned drugs give. Rather they would much rather preffer something that gives you an 'everything's alllright euphoria' with the sedation and nodding which makes them feel 'secure' and 'protected' like underneath an opiate blanket kind of effect. The opiates which give this type of high are methadone (oral- very much a solid opioid high of nodding and of relaxation and the other kind of euphoria where you want to be alone, to yourself for the high and watch tv, and escape from everything into a warm nodd and feel really good about everything, and everything around you seems to be okay), hydrocodone (oral- you want to lye around on your couch, on your own to enjoy and to nodd, and get that 'everything's all right' euphoria of relief), codeine (oral- a lot like the methadone/hydrocodone high, sedating, euphoric in that you nodd out into heaven sort of feeling you get on the more sedating opiates like the ones i'm discussing now), demerol (snorted- gives a high that is pretty unique on it's own though it resembles the more sedating opiates rather than the oxy/fentanyl type of opiates which give a more euphoric/clean and not as sedating high, demerol makes you euphoric and more sedated than codeine or hydrocodone and also gave me minor visuals if i stared at a bright coloured object, very nice, and sedating). That's about all the opiates/opioids I have tried. I would much rather preffer a good sedating high, rather than a clean/sociable/outgoing kind of high. Both type of highs are good, and both give opiate users motivation though the oxy-like drugs give this effect much more so than the methadone-like drugs. Both are good, but some people like myself aren't as much into the 'rushy' kind of drugs and preffer something mellow and euphoric like the highs from weed/benzos. While others do preffer the rushy kind of drugs and will mostly preffer the highs of coke/meth/E over the highs of weed/benzos, than the oxy-like drugs are the most euphoric for them. But what people find euphoric can be relative, just like I mentioned. My idea of euphoria is to be sedated, warm, cozy feeling, nodding and have an euphoria about everything, hence the 'everything's allright' effect.

Very well done my friend. It could have been spaced out a bit more but all in all i agree with you.

There is no comparison within the two. Ones peanut butter one is jelly. Two completely different opiates.

When I first started pills and had very little tolerance I loved methadone, over anything. The euphoria just kept going and going and going, I was up all night with my girl.... just off 10mg the euphoria might have been a little but less intense than oxys but not much and oxy was so short lived, but now a days methadone doesnt do it for me like it used to, maybe its just the doses i've been taking idk

I just wanted to thank ombladon for his thorough and explanatory post (please pardon my grammar and spelling). Whether you agree with him or not, he made an unselfish attempt to share what info he had, without pushing or selling anything and I appreciate it.

I would say that this would be the personall preference of e user. If you like the extremely euphoric noddy full body buzz of methadone and the fact that it makes you just want to sit around and nod till the cows come home, than thats your pick. If you enjoy the high of oxycontin, which typically gives you a sort of energy boost, not like a pep in your step, you just dont get the I wanna just sit on the couch and nod away into your own world. This is all just my 0.2 cents. I would prefer Oxy to M'done anyday. I just dont like the "im falling asleep whenever I close my eyes for a second" feeling M'done gives.

I got some 40mg waffers last year for $10 a pop and hadn't had methadone before but I have done oxy, h and just about ever other opiate.

but wow I felt nice on the 40s so good I scratched all the skin of the tops of my feet because they were itchy and it felt good.

haven't done it since, I wouldn't want to get hooked on uncle sams dope, my friends that go to the clinic, do just that"go to the clinic"everyday!. I heard methadone withdraws are the worst, I've heard it make bones hurt from the inside out.

Edit: typo

I used to have a large amount of methadone a while back. I originally traded them for Oxycontin because I loved the stimulating high of oxycodone, but I ended up becoming seriously addicted to methadone 100mg a day. OC was easy to get, but methadone was easier, I just loved being on an opiate 24/7, that's why I made the switch. I wish I would have stuck to the OC because I overdosed twice because the methadone. That shit turned me into a monster. Other opiates have the opposite effect on me.

thedoxman said:
methadone dose not get you high after a couple days of use that is the whole point to hold onto your dopamine receptors and make it so if you do other opies you wont get high so you can get off opies, oxycotin you can get high of daily so that is your best bet unless you use almost never then methadone will give you a nice itchy buzz but oxy or H is the way to go in my book H is cheaper and the rush kicks ass. god i am dope sick and i need some H bad.

ive never gotten high of methadone...and I've taken as much as 50mg idk

Pretty much just repeating what has been said already ...

Since substances affect each person differently, heres the difference for me:

Methadone can be described as a warm, smooth, mellow high.

Oxy is more of an energetic/happy, warm, dopier high.

They are definately different, upside is that Methadone lasts a very long time. If you want it to hit you harder, try chewing up the methadone or crush up and parachute it.

Oxy is, imo, much stronger of a high. I don't think I've ever taken enough methadone that made me nod. Oxy is a different story.

For a first time user with no tolerance at all, I think 20mg of methadone would be safe and put a smile on your face. You can always take more later.

ayoOC80 said:
not the point... but you'll learn, im sure.

other drugs guidelines and policies, READ FIRST

i know this is an old thread but you aren't an admin nor mod so why are you saying this and to who?

i found this using the search engine and that is there so UTFSE yourself.

oc is mad pricey here like x a milli but methadones are more rare and cheaper everyone wants OCs/Percs/Vics, H ain't even that big in this city really but I used to always go an hour away 3x a week and buy mad tar. I started with OxyContin, first time snorted a 20 mg- was puking, mad fucked up, fell in luv.

I was buying mad street methadone aftter getting on dope because it's so expensive then eventually went back to IV dope then got on suboxone for over a year but I'm off of it and occsionally eat/snort opiates.

OT: The high of OxyContin is much better snorted/IV/parachuted but I love how methadone is cheaper usually and the long ass half life kicks ass.

Methadone is usuaully more bang for your buck and if you take a big enough 'dose than it's awesome just the rush from OC slammed or even the fast onset from snorting is WAY better than the actually high from 'done and take huge enough doeses of either and you'll be nodding but on a Mg/mg strengh and lasting comparison and price gotta go whit the methadone hands down... but I like to mix it up. :D

Also just as mixing benzos and/or alcohol with opiatesis dangerous, I think somas are nice to take with OC/Methadone, suprised no one mentioned them in this thread.

***EDIT: Prices go in the price thread. - Mr Blonde***

Status
Not open for further replies.