• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The High: Methadone vs. Oxycontin

Status
Not open for further replies.
When My tolerance was ALOT lower and the Wafers could still be PRESCRIBED (Besides in a Methadone clinic or Hospital) I used to LOVE Methadone Alot more than Oxy, it was Cheaper, 30mg's got me NODDING out all day, 40mgs and i'd be in bed nodding all day.........

Eventually I got up to 150mg's of Methadone a day at a MMT Clinic, and I cant feel SHIT from ANY amount of Methadone I take............. Ive taken up to 400mgs at once............

ManBearPig said:
I got some 40mg waffers last year for $10 a pop and hadn't had methadone before but I have done oxy, h and just about ever other opiate.

but wow I felt nice on the 40s so good I scratched all the skin of the tops of my feet because they were itchy and it felt good.

haven't done it since, I wouldn't want to get hooked on uncle sams dope, my friends that go to the clinic, do just that"go to the clinic"everyday!. I heard methadone withdraws are the worst, I've heard it make bones hurt from the inside out.

Edit: typo
They do make your bones hurt inside and out, any opiate does that really, But with Methadone it sucks ALOT MORE and lasts ALOT LONGER................

Smyth said:
in the uk methadone is only recognized as a drug that is used in the treatment of heroin addiction. in other words it NEVER gets emplyed as an analgesic.

This is just not true. 8o

I live in the UK and have been prescribed 75mg daily for nigh on 10 months for analgesic purposes (having previously been on fentanyl and dihydrocodeine).

The Pain Management Doctor who initally recommended the change over to methadone told me that methadone is being increasingly used in the UK as an analgesic due to its low cost and enormous half-life.

Yeah I don't see how it's not used as a painkiller. That's what the Nazis invented it for in 1937 anyway. Although it's not commonly used as a painkiller in the U.S. it is in Europe or at least England from what I've heard. I like OC better than methadone for a recreational high. I have injected both at high dosages and OC gives a slightly better rush although neither give a great rush. OC gives a very euphoric high IMO and doesn't make me itch quite as much as 'dones (although I don't mind the itch). OC also is better for combining other drugs with (other opiates, weed, benzos IME).

The only time I would choose methadone over oxy is if I was withdrawing and/or I wanted to nod/sleep.

will methadone work for me?

Hello - first time posting in this forum but I'm really needing some advice.

I've been taking opiates for about 4 years now. i started with tabs and perks and stayed with them for about 3 years. Eventually I developed an oxy addiction, I was taking about 240mg a day plus about 100mg of perks or tabs. I quit, it sucked, but I did it. Of course it lasted (sober) about 2 months and i started taking about 150mg of tabs or perks a day. The doc put me on lexapro, depression worsened, I stopped taking them and after 3 days I purposely overdosed on oxy and xanax. Thankfully I decided in time to let my girlfriend know and I got to the hospital just in time to drink some charcoal and get injected with narcam(or whatever reversed my respritory deppression).

Anyway, sorry for the long story- heres my current problem. I'm still on a heavy dose of perks right now, and I've convinced myself I can't function without opiates. I've quit so many time but it always sends me into depression and other horrible w/d. Is it worth it to say F*UCK it and get on methadone. I still want some euphoria, but i'm sick of the game of hustling and finding my next fix. let me know if anyone has advice, i really need to get my life together.

ps ~ i'm happy to be alive, i'm never letting myself dip low enough again to attempt suicide.

thanks!

I've been taking opiates for about 4 years now. i started with tabs and perks and stayed with them for about 3 years. Eventually I developed an oxy addiction, I was taking about 240mg a day plus about 100mg of perks or tabs. I quit, it sucked, but I did it. Of course it lasted (sober) about 2 months and i started taking about 150mg of tabs or perks a day. The doc put me on lexapro, depression worsened, I stopped taking them and after 3 days I purposely overdosed on oxy and xanax. Thankfully I decided in time to let my girlfriend know and I got to the hospital just in time to drink some charcoal and get injected with narcam(or whatever reversed my respritory deppression).

Anyway, sorry for the long story- heres my current problem. I'm still on a heavy dose of perks right now, and I've convinced myself I can't function without opiates. I've quit so many time but it always sends me into depression and other horrible w/d. Is it worth it to say F*UCK it and get on methadone. I still want some euphoria, but i'm sick of the game of hustling and finding my next fix. let me know if anyone has advice, i really need to get my life together.

ps ~ i'm happy to be alive, i'm never letting myself dip low enough again to attempt suicide.

thanks!

MethaContin said:
They do make your bones hurt inside and out, any opiate does that really, But with Methadone it sucks ALOT MORE and lasts ALOT LONGER................

I'm not sure about other opiates but I do know that Methadone causes a calcium deficiancy, which can be dealt with by taking calcium+vit. D supplements. Definetly a good idea if your on MMT like me, Methadone can do a number on bones and teeth after some years if you dont take calcium+D.

dino87 said:

thanks!

I know all about it buddy. No one can tell you if methadone is going to help you out, but it has helped me imensely. Just like you said, having to wake up everyday and find a way to get well is no way to live and if you have tried to get off and it has not worked than maybe methadone or buprenorphine might be the way to go. Some people keep using while they're on methadone which I find incredibly stupid, why would you wanna get on a program to help you off dope and keep using, especially since dope does'nt even get you that high while on methadone. But, if you really wanna stop using addictive substances then I think that you could benefit from some kind of maintenance program weather it be subs or meth. I wish you the best, and keep your head up, things will get better if you stay hopeful and put forth the effort.<3

I would love to hear anyone's opinion:

It has been such a long time since I've been high on oxycodone, I don't even remember what it feels like. Currently, I'll go two or three weeks with nothing, get my script of 240 roxy 30's, and binge for a week. If I get a buzz, I feel energized and good. Not euphoric. The best high I've ever gotten, and I always have loved (till my tolerance made it disappear) was mixing regular old vicodin 10's with a couple somas. THAT combination gave me the warm, euphoric feeling that I absolutely love, and I feel it's the best combination on earth.

Is oxycodone supposed to be euphoric like that? It never has been. It's only been....well, kind of like a milder version of cocaine as far as I'm concerned. I'd love to know if anyone else can relate.

Also: I am fortunate enough to get a script of 180 methadone 10's. They're nice to have around to keep w/d at bay just in case, and to trade some times. I can take five or six, and I don't feel anything. I hear there's a way to get high off of them, but I never have. I haven't tried mixing with xanax yet. Once I ate 11 of them (110mg), and I felt really good, but the whole time I was really scared that I took too much and was gonna OD (although I think my tolerance is ridiculous, which is weird b/c I don't eat pills every day, I just eat a lot when I do have them).

Any thoughts? Can anyone relate to what I'm saying?

Thanks!

Oxy(oral)- kicks in within 40 minutes, and peaks within an hour-an hour and half after taking it. The high starts off with a small rush feeling at the begining, rather a minor butterfly feeling where you feel really motivated, energetic and mabye even hungry. After 4-5 minutes this goes away and the high turns into a very euphoric, very warm and cozy high. You are able to nodd and can still feel a little stimulated in the sense that you feel you can do anything you want, be it lying on the couch or doing other stuff like computer, etc. It gets you high for a good 2-3 hours, after which you can still feel mellow and happy (afterglow) for another 2-3 hours, though the major euphoric and nodding effects have gone away. Afterwards the effects will be pretty much completly gone.

Methadone (oral)- takes 4 hours to peak. Within the first hour you feel, a slight physical relief (esp if addicted) and feel like you would from mabye a little codeine. Within the second hour the high can be felt, very much resembling oxy esp snorted in that you feel the opiate high though you also feel very stimulated/outgoing energetic. You might get the desire to do something with your time. Within the 3rd hour the high decreases in the amount of stimulation and starts increasing gradually in sedation (like a hydrocodone buzz would be) although the motivation is still there, you rather feel like 'everything is ALRIGHT'. You might get the desire to lye down on the couch or relax somewhere and watch some tv. By the fourth hour you will be very high, and sedated, you will be nodding out and feeling euphoric though not like the euphoria you get from oxy. But rather a euphoria that's not as 'stimulating/rushy', but the kind of euphoria that's like 'oh my god, everything is alllright', you feel like you can do pretty much anything but you will probably choose to chill out and enjoy your high. You feel the major effects up to 6-8 hours after taking it, and feel residual effects for the rest of the day till you go to sleep. Rather than an after glow, it's more like 'residual effects', where you don't feel as happy as on oxy but you feel nice and comfortable, and better than normal.

To sum it up quite nicely, many people say methadone isn't euphoric, though that's not true. For many people it is. If what you are after is a very euphoric buzz where you may or may not nodd out as much, though you feel very euphoric and sociable, and mabye once in a while if you want or try you can nodd out and feel euphoric/stimulated as well, then your best bet is either one of the following: oxycontin (oral-a bit more sedating, snorted-a lot more stimulated/euphoric though still mellow), hydromorphone (snorted- a bit more of a stimulating feeling than oxycontin, takes higher doses in order to get that plus a warm nodd), fentanyl (oral- mixed in a 500mL water bottle and sipped is A WHOLE LOT more stimulating/cleaner feeling than oxy, and the euphoria beats even oxy's euphoria, though you nodd easier on oxy) and that's about all I can think of right now. All those drugs are for people who like the euphoric/outgoing sociable type of high that oxy gives.

Other people (myself included) aren't as much after the euphoric/sociable/outgoing rushy type effects that the previously mentioned drugs give. Rather they would much rather preffer something that gives you an 'everything's alllright euphoria' with the sedation and nodding which makes them feel 'secure' and 'protected' like underneath an opiate blanket kind of effect. The opiates which give this type of high are methadone (oral- very much a solid opioid high of nodding and of relaxation and the other kind of euphoria where you want to be alone, to yourself for the high and watch tv, and escape from everything into a warm nodd and feel really good about everything, and everything around you seems to be okay), hydrocodone (oral- you want to lye around on your couch, on your own to enjoy and to nodd, and get that 'everything's all right' euphoria of relief), codeine (oral- a lot like the methadone/hydrocodone high, sedating, euphoric in that you nodd out into heaven sort of feeling you get on the more sedating opiates like the ones i'm discussing now), demerol (snorted- gives a high that is pretty unique on it's own though it resembles the more sedating opiates rather than the oxy/fentanyl type of opiates which give a more euphoric/clean and not as sedating high, demerol makes you euphoric and more sedated than codeine or hydrocodone and also gave me minor visuals if i stared at a bright coloured object, very nice, and sedating). That's about all the opiates/opioids I have tried. I would much rather preffer a good sedating high, rather than a clean/sociable/outgoing kind of high. Both type of highs are good, and both give opiate users motivation though the oxy-like drugs give this effect much more so than the methadone-like drugs. Both are good, but some people like myself aren't as much into the 'rushy' kind of drugs and preffer something mellow and euphoric like the highs from weed/benzos. While others do preffer the rushy kind of drugs and will mostly preffer the highs of coke/meth/E over the highs of weed/benzos, than the oxy-like drugs are the most euphoric for them. But what people find euphoric can be relative, just like I mentioned. My idea of euphoria is to be sedated, warm, cozy feeling, nodding and have an euphoria about everything, hence the 'everything's allright' effect.

wow if u actually typed all of that, WHAT WERE U ON?!?! give me sum! hahaha

If I want a good heavy nod, I'll go with methadone ANY day. High doses only plz.

It's really dependent on your personal preference as to what you would like. I have many friends that prefer methadone and others that prefer oxy. If I could only have one or the other then I would probably choose oxy. In my area methadone is much cheaper for the amount of high you get from it due to methadone being much more potent. Be careful with methadone because it has such a long come up and half life. I can take a strong dose and feel okay 30 minutes later and then an hour later be in la la land.

I prefer methadone for its duration. 25-30mg (on occasion) keeps me very high for 24+ hours.

Insufflated oxycodone has a great rush, but a lame duration.

Oxy(oral)- kicks in within 40 minutes, and peaks within an hour-an hour and half after taking it. The high starts off with a small rush feeling at the begining, rather a minor butterfly feeling where you feel really motivated, energetic and mabye even hungry. After 4-5 minutes this goes away and the high turns into a very euphoric, very warm and cozy high. You are able to nodd and can still feel a little stimulated in the sense that you feel you can do anything you want, be it lying on the couch or doing other stuff like computer, etc. It gets you high for a good 2-3 hours, after which you can still feel mellow and happy (afterglow) for another 2-3 hours, though the major euphoric and nodding effects have gone away. Afterwards the effects will be pretty much completly gone.

Methadone (oral)- takes 4 hours to peak. Within the first hour you feel, a slight physical relief (esp if addicted) and feel like you would from mabye a little codeine. Within the second hour the high can be felt, very much resembling oxy esp snorted in that you feel the opiate high though you also feel very stimulated/outgoing energetic. You might get the desire to do something with your time. Within the 3rd hour the high decreases in the amount of stimulation and starts increasing gradually in sedation (like a hydrocodone buzz would be) although the motivation is still there, you rather feel like 'everything is ALRIGHT'. You might get the desire to lye down on the couch or relax somewhere and watch some tv. By the fourth hour you will be very high, and sedated, you will be nodding out and feeling euphoric though not like the euphoria you get from oxy. But rather a euphoria that's not as 'stimulating/rushy', but the kind of euphoria that's like 'oh my god, everything is alllright', you feel like you can do pretty much anything but you will probably choose to chill out and enjoy your high. You feel the major effects up to 6-8 hours after taking it, and feel residual effects for the rest of the day till you go to sleep. Rather than an after glow, it's more like 'residual effects', where you don't feel as happy as on oxy but you feel nice and comfortable, and better than normal.

To sum it up quite nicely, many people say methadone isn't euphoric, though that's not true. For many people it is. If what you are after is a very euphoric buzz where you may or may not nodd out as much, though you feel very euphoric and sociable, and mabye once in a while if you want or try you can nodd out and feel euphoric/stimulated as well, then your best bet is either one of the following: oxycontin (oral-a bit more sedating, snorted-a lot more stimulated/euphoric though still mellow), hydromorphone (snorted- a bit more of a stimulating feeling than oxycontin, takes higher doses in order to get that plus a warm nodd), fentanyl (oral- mixed in a 500mL water bottle and sipped is A WHOLE LOT more stimulating/cleaner feeling than oxy, and the euphoria beats even oxy's euphoria, though you nodd easier on oxy) and that's about all I can think of right now. All those drugs are for people who like the euphoric/outgoing sociable type of high that oxy gives.

Other people (myself included) aren't as much after the euphoric/sociable/outgoing rushy type effects that the previously mentioned drugs give. Rather they would much rather preffer something that gives you an 'everything's alllright euphoria' with the sedation and nodding which makes them feel 'secure' and 'protected' like underneath an opiate blanket kind of effect. The opiates which give this type of high are methadone (oral- very much a solid opioid high of nodding and of relaxation and the other kind of euphoria where you want to be alone, to yourself for the high and watch tv, and escape from everything into a warm nodd and feel really good about everything, and everything around you seems to be okay), hydrocodone (oral- you want to lye around on your couch, on your own to enjoy and to nodd, and get that 'everything's all right' euphoria of relief), codeine (oral- a lot like the methadone/hydrocodone high, sedating, euphoric in that you nodd out into heaven sort of feeling you get on the more sedating opiates like the ones i'm discussing now), demerol (snorted- gives a high that is pretty unique on it's own though it resembles the more sedating opiates rather than the oxy/fentanyl type of opiates which give a more euphoric/clean and not as sedating high, demerol makes you euphoric and more sedated than codeine or hydrocodone and also gave me minor visuals if i stared at a bright coloured object, very nice, and sedating). That's about all the opiates/opioids I have tried. I would much rather preffer a good sedating high, rather than a clean/sociable/outgoing kind of high. Both type of highs are good, and both give opiate users motivation though the oxy-like drugs give this effect much more so than the methadone-like drugs. Both are good, but some people like myself aren't as much into the 'rushy' kind of drugs and preffer something mellow and euphoric like the highs from weed/benzos. While others do preffer the rushy kind of drugs and will mostly preffer the highs of coke/meth/E over the highs of weed/benzos, than the oxy-like drugs are the most euphoric for them. But what people find euphoric can be relative, just like I mentioned. My idea of euphoria is to be sedated, warm, cozy feeling, nodding and have an euphoria about everything, hence the 'everything's allright' effect.
I read it all =D. Makes quite a bit of sense. Bit redundant but +1 for you.

i would safely venture to label myself a very experienced Oxy (ab)user for a few years now... and i notice that the duration of the effects of OC have a lot to do with doasage:

if I snort 20mg im good for the next 3-4 hours before i need another hit. but if I rail say 80-100mg at once (which is a lot for me these days thank god... cuz it wasnt 6 months ago!), yes I get way more high of course - BUT it also lasts like 10-12 hours for me! high as hell the entire time!

so now every time i use, it has to be a large amount so i get lifted... otherwise its kinda a waste!

im sitting here with a bag of 10mg methadones... i just popped 4 of em, 1st time trying this stuff - we'll see how it goes!

~sheb

ok my 1st methadone experience is under my belt! my conclusion for this particular experiment: effects are slightlydifferent, but both methadone and oxy are generally the same - in my opinion. so happy abusing everyone! its a go!

I think oxy is A LOT better than methadone, in my opinion, it is a lot stronger.

SWIM's is going back 2 his doctor soon to discuss pain management. Much to SWIM's surprise, his doctor mentioned methadone as a possibility. Most of the time, do doctors prescribe another med, such as OC, for breakthrough pain? Is it worth getting a prescription for methadone, or should SWIM ask to be referred to a real pain management doctor?

if you're taking methadone then you wouldn't feel OC if you took it

Oxycodone is technically more euphoric, quite a bit more actually. But in the perspective of a long-term opioid abuser, methadone might be preferable.

Methadone definitely gets people high, even if they've been taking it for a while. It was getting me high but I just didn't know it. I was still nodding everyday while on methadone (at least, higher doses).

Status
Not open for further replies.