• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Exercise vs. drugs

working out on opiates or stimulants or BOTH= AMAZING WORKOUT
working out on cannabis= nope....

Working out and drugs don't mix. Either decide to do drugs or decide to workout, but don't work out when you're high, it's just a dumb ass thing to do.....

I've done 2c-b or LSD or 2c-E or DOB or mushrooms with the distinct intention of exercising. Cardio is fantastic, as is weight lifting. The two best things, though? Swimming and yoga. Really hard, sweaty yoga. Working out on psychedelics is pretty much as amazing as it gets! It takes ALL the anxiety out of a trip, gets your mind out of your head and into your body, and it feels... incredible. Every time I drop acid with my friends we go running or biking. It's NECESSARY.

Hint: Try mountain biking or surfing. Really heavy balance/concentration activities seem to come with far greater ease once I'm in the zone.

^^OMG wow u are the FIRST person ive ever heard to say that!!! But shit...the endorphin rush W/ the psychedelic stimulation is prob. pure bliss!!!!!!!

> Vodka helps in the no pain department too.

Nah, that's just plain dumb ^^ At least AFAIK booze generally does something with your body chemistry you wouldn't want it to do when working out. For instance, testosterone and growth hormone levels drop drastically by even just drinking to a light buzz, and other systems relevant to muscle growth do the same. I could link to an long article which got me to stop drinking during workout phases afterall, but I only understood a part of it myself, plus it's in German, so it won't make anything clearer ;)

But you may want to research on the subject yourself.

If similar studies are available for other drugs, I would be very pleased to get some links.

Ha, simple solution for me. WALK while you're on drugs. im talkking bring water, smokes, food, whateer the hell u think you'll need and just WALK. as far as y;ou can. like hours. it's amazing the shit you'll find, the places you end up, and the amazing workout you just gave yourself.

^^Woah, woah woah...i hope you're talking abotu caffeine? ANy stimulants stronger are probably the most catabolic subtances out there

My friend I used to get herb from at the time was 1/2 between my place and the gym. Good times, smoke a couple bowls out of the bong and 3 minutes later wala busting out 10+ miles on the bike and into a super intense workout like 1 hour+ hard workout.

Worked out fairly tipsy once as well, but got way to hot and flushed. Used to love being baked and lifting/cardio though.

My bud and I get high on Oxys, smoke some great bud and go mountain biking, downtown night rides are great. Also plan on doing this on Shrooms and mdma, cant wait!

aC

dont work out on stimulants :S at least not too hard
you can have strokes like that, prob unlikely but take it easy