• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Exercise vs. drugs

Worp8d

Bluelighter
Hey.

Pretty new here but I like this forum. Quick question given that I'm having trouble with motivation lately...

How do balance your drugs and exercise? Both are good but don't really go together. I mean, I know riding stoned rocks but you're not exactly going to win races.

I try to limit my drugs to the weekend and smoke as little as possible but I invariably lapse after a while. Where does everyone else draw the line and do you stick to it?

When I was still doing drugs, I would always use them as a "reward"

I'd go exercise then come back inside and smoke. And I would always try to stick to that. If I didn't run as far or as hard as I wanted to...I didn't smoke that night, as punishment of sorts.

is that what you meant?

^Thats what I do if I happen to be smoking that night. SOme people can workout when they do drugs, but that concept is beyond my understanding.

^^How so Mnindeja?

Anyways, I've always used around the same concept as dbig. reward style.

the only drugs I can work out on are stimulants and they're bad for you to workout on anyway.

With anyother drug, I'll walk outside and start stretching then think to myself....man what in the hell are you doing, get back inside and listen to some music and eat.

Almost all recreational drugs feel 10 times better AFTER you do a workout. Your body is more able to manage the stress that drugs put on it since it is already at a fast metabolism and letting out alot of stress management hormones.

that is so true. The only problem I ever had was with coughing while smoking (which isn't bad )

but i would cough more than usual because I would still be short of breath from the running.

MynameisnotDeja said:
^Thats what I do if I happen to be smoking that night. SOme people can workout when they do drugs, but that concept is beyond my understanding.

Yah, I have some friends that will actually get stoned, then go lift weights!! They actually claim the weights feel lighter and shit! Me personally, I think they're crazy, but, to each his own...

I love drugs and I also love working out. The only times I really ever mix them though is that often before working out, I drink a bigass energy drink or take a stack of something like Stacker Black Jax, just something high in caffeine/ephedra. I use this as a thermogenic, it boosts my workout energy and raises my temperature, which helps to break down, and then build your muscles. It is supposedly bad for you to do this because it can put strain on your circulatory system and raises your metabolism then lowers it, but it works fine for me, and I drink a shitload of coffee every day anyway so I doubt it does too bad for my circ. system more than it already would have.
The only recreational drug I can use to workout is DXM. At low doses (just for sake of still being able to concentrate) like from 200-300mg, it does wonders for the amount of weight you can lift and the numbers of reps you can lift it. It kills much of the pain repping causes (the lactic acid, the burn...), and it pretty much makes me feel stronger. I can curl 5lbs more than usual and bench like 15lbs more than usual, for the same number of reps as usual. I dont use this as a workout suppliment, but I've been high on it, then gone and tried to workout and noticed this. Anyway.... Yea, aside from that info, theres nothing to say, cuz i dont put limits on it. I workout 3 times a week, and do drugs whenever, there is no correlation between the two activities for me.

kstone6tb said:
Yah, I have some friends that will actually get stoned, then go lift weights!! They actually claim the weights feel lighter and shit! Me personally, I think they're crazy, but, to each his own...

I love smoking before working out..but then again I love smoking before any kind of activity..but I think it allows me to go slower with my routine and definitely helps with my breathing when I'm lifting or doing pushups. Running is the only thing for me where smoking makes it harder

Cyrus said:
^^How so Mnindeja?

Anyways, I've always used around the same concept as dbig. reward style.

I just dont get why anyone would want to mix the two...
Kinda like people who smoke pot and then go to work..I cant even imagine. I guess it just seems totally seperate in my mind.

I can ocassionally lift weights while high, but running or anyother cardio.....hell no

i used to smoke a lot but once i started working out a lot the drugs took a back seat to my health and now if i do any drugs its very rare . but i was prescribed muscle relaxers for some chest pain and i would work out a little bit with those and of course felt no pain.

i smoke weed to reward myself/relax my muscles after working out. i used to take about 10mg to 20 mg of adderall for energy/motivation to lift weights, but i dont do that anymore.

i smoke a little of bit of kb just before i work out, just enough to get me stimulated and relaxed enough to be patient, i find i have a higher tolerance for pain, thus i can do more reps (i lift weights, dumbells), and overall can workout longer, i always make sure it burns, and basically i work out until i am sober which is usually when i am thru, then I reward myself by smoking more kb, if I was going to do cardio, i would definitely not smoke
i think most people don't understand how one can do drugs and then workout because either that person does cardio, or they assume the person gets completely stoned or trashed or whatever, keep in mind that i do a very small amount, not even a pinchy, just a hit from the pinchy

working out and doing drugs?

does anyone do drugs and alcohol and work out often too? when i do drugs occasionaly i work out even harder after the day because i feel like shiet. am i the only one that does this or is there others like me.

ya man i hear that. after doing some drugs and u feel awful, working out helps your body and mind feel alot better.

I take 3 hits off of my "oneie" before I workout and I last longer because I feel no pain and I can relax more. I have to drink a lot of water, though, and after a while I get hungry. Go figure, pot makes you hungry.

Vodka helps in the no pain department too.

The way I balance it is.....workout, then drugs.

It's like a reward.

The only drug that really affects me the next day is weed, because it kills my running.

Stimulants will affect your gains if you're not eating, but as long as you eat right, you'll continue gaining.

a nice shot of heroin before a workout always serves justice...

i've been working out for about 3 1/2 yrs using all sorts of drugs and still being able to go workout. it can be a bitch sometimes though, and it has gotten in the way a good amount of times. i just try and keep my mind strong.