• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Aniracetam... holy crap does it work!

SoLiDo said:
Question:

For those who use nootropics/nutruitional supplements/sports nutrition:

What's your daily stack and how much does it cost you per day? Is paying for all these -cetams and choline and gingko and green tea oil pills really worth the price you pay?

I would very much like to try my hand with nootropics especially? But I'm not sure if I can afford it. I also want to start taking carbo powder, creatine, protein powder, nitric acid, and multivitamins.

Basically I want to put my body in a state of peak performance. But I don't think I'll be able to dedicate a whole paycheck every month to my body. I need to have money for recreation!! And for buying a motorcycle... yes a motorcycle.

I would say that proper diet and exercise have more to do with peak performance than any nootropic.

Once you have your diet and exercise worked out well, then I'd say that nootropics can be worth the money. I believe they are more important as we get older... right now I feel that when I take nootropics, such as oxiracetam, I am "over revving" myself.. I think fast normally, and nootropics push me too fast.

I think a case can be made for using nootropics as a preventative measure. But the most effective nootropics, such as seleginine, also have alot of contraindictions to be wary of.

It's a balancing act. Be sure to research alot before you start, as you are doing here.

Begin with the basics:
1) Ensure you get proper nutrition. Research: saturated vs. polyunsaturated fats.
2) If you are not eating well, then be sure to take a good quality multivitamin.
3) Then get into the more "general" nootropics, such as anti-oxidants (alpha-lipoic acid etc). These I would classify whatever is in your "daily regimen".
4) Research specifically what you are hoping to achieve: Better quality thought? Emotional stability? Alertness? Concentration?
5) If you are serious about taking a bunch of nootropics daily, then expect to pay alot of money unless you buy bulk.. which will save you a bunch of money - especially if you just buy the powders and weigh them out into gelatin capsules. (easier than you think).
5) Read up about user experiences on each drug (and they are drugs, have no doubt about it). BL is especially good to research on since the users here are very experienced about drug use in general and won't give bullshit reports. We here all know what a REAL high is like. I find that on other "nootropics" websites people just go overboard about how great XXX drug is etcetc.

I've tried a number of "nootropics". Some that I startec to take such as piracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, vipocetine, choline bicarbonate - I no longer take due to (what I perceive to be) negative effects.
Examples... choline gave me jaw clenching and muscle tension... vipocetine gave me a lightheaded feeling, aniracetam was too speedy...

Just like our beloved recreational drugs, nootropics drugs can also affect each person differently.

Also: Be sure to research the drug on proper sources such as www.pubmed.com. If it's a worthwhile nootropic it will have at least ONE clinical study on it at pubmed.com.

Hope that helps.

^^ now tell me something I don't know. :D

THe question in my post was focused on the price and the value of a nootropic regiment. How much per day do you pay for your nootropics. I would probaplly be buying all my shits in bulk and then measuring and capsuling my bi-daily alotments.

i think aniracetam sucks tends to cause memory fog and is very dose dependant

I've personally found that with the 'racetams, lower dosages may be just as effective as higher dosages with less of the annoying side effects such as headache, jaw clenching, racing thoughts, memory fog, etc.

They may be non-toxic, but too much of a good thing is still gonna fuck you up. After 3 months of daily piracetam, choline citrate, and ALCAR+PLCAR administration I was quite ready for a break. 1-2 weeks off is plenty and now I use them when I'm looking for that killer boost so I can plow through 8 hours at work with no problem and make everyone else look bad.

choline citrate that stuff smells soo bad!
what did you notice from 3 months of taking piracetam?

Ok, reading of all these stacks and combo's sounds like its alot of stuff to be popping - and alot of money being spent on it. How much are you guys spending per month on these things?

Also, I'm curious on trying these also. The primary reason is for improved focus / concentration while studying. I find that my mind wanders too often - some times it feels like every other word I read a train of unrelated thoughts flood my head. So, being able to asorb myself in studying for a few hours with a clear head would be nice.

I'm getting my diet and workout into shape - already starting to eat healthier, and also going to start taking multi-vits to fill in the gaps (I dont eat enough veg, the texture of alot of them make me gag), and working out 3-4x a week (have already managed to lose about 10 pounds) -- all of which I have noticed being a bit of a help.

But, would a good start be

ani + choline -- just to get my feet wet and see how they work for me? also, how many times a day should I be taking them?

*shrug* the only drugs I've used that has noticably improved studying ability, and exam marks are: methylphenidate (ritalin), and seleginine (of course not taking them as a combo).

Supplements that I've found help with concentration/focus in general are: fish oil (DHA,EPA), and folic acid.

lifeisforliving said:
*shrug* the only drugs I've used that has noticably improved studying ability, and exam marks are: methylphenidate (ritalin), and seleginine (of course not taking them as a combo).

Supplements that I've found help with concentration/focus in general are: fish oil (DHA,EPA), and folic acid.

Boy, that was a rollercoaster thread. Had me all excited about discovering new things to aid my concentration and energy levels etc.

I was just about to sign up but then... this?

Are you saying it's not worth the bother?

To a complete newb like me. I take a multivit, thats it. Would you suggest it is worth trying out the 'citams?

I have serious energy/motivation probs at the moment. I am on provigil at the mo and that is not helping.

^ Well, the problem I found with the "nootropics" that DID have a noticeable effect, was that they also had noticeable side-effects. Vipocetine (sp) seemed to work, but made me lightheaded... the 'racetams work, but over time seem to create more "brain fog" and less functional states of mind.

... but... if I didn't have access to ritalin, maybe I would use oxiracetam occasionally.. I think I just prefer stimulants :)

I think that, as with all the recreational drugs, the effect on YOU may be different from my experience. Most are worth a try. The "anti-aging" nootropics I believe are quite valuable (such as choline, APC antioxidants etc..), especially if you diet is not so great.

Just don't expect an amphetamine rush or to become a genius after downing 2grams of aniracetam/oxiracetam.

also, one definate bonus (and the reason I keep oxiracetam in my home pharmacy) is that it REALLY helps me roll on MDMA or other psych's.

I don't know if this has been mentionned, but

1- Piracetam and Oxiracetam are WATER soluble, and should be taken between meals. It tends to take time (a few days, sometimes a week for some) to kick in for real, as they have to build up in the brain. For some people like me though, I can get an effect the first day in.
2- Aniracetam is FAT soluble, should be taken between meals too, but with some fat (a bit of olive oil) for better absorption
3- 90% of people who get headaches from racetams simply do not take enough choline, or their body don't absorb it well.

Taking a b50 (or half one) will increase choline absorption, and don't forget that choline citrate is not such a good form of choline, Alpha-GPC is way better, even if expensive.

If you get tension in the neck etc, you are probably taking too much choline for your body, and thus creating unvolontary muscle contractions.

As for Deprenyl, don't be too concenred about its MAOI effects, as they are mainly for the MAO-B (dopamine). MAO-A reuptake inhibition happens at high doses, 10-15mg+ a day for a long time, while most people should stick to 1-2mg a day. 10mg can create hypertension and other bad effects by itself for most people anyway, so just don't go in that territory.

^

Good advice. It's funny you mention the muscle tension proble- it was the main reason I stopped oxiracetam. Taking choline made it much worse and a much more neck stiffness.

I did a long search on the net and found two that I am interested in and that are available to me.

Deprenyl (Selegiline, Jumex) 50x5mg. Approx-$29

Trivastal sustained release (Piribedil) 10x50mg. Approx-$19

I have heard all good things about Deprenyl. One question - can it cause sleep disturbances. I am a light sleeper.

Any info on Trivastal would be appreciated. Also any other specific substances you have tried that can improve memory, function and mood/wellbeing without side effects - I would be very interested in hearing them.

Thanks.

I did a long search on the net and found two that I am interested in and that are available to me.

Deprenyl (Selegiline, Jumex) 50x5mg. Approx-$29

Trivastal sustained release (Piribedil) 10x50mg. Approx-$19

I have heard good things about Deprenyl - also a few negative but not so bad. Couple of answers I couldnt find are - how long does it take to start working? (yeah, I know) and can it cause sleep disturbances. I am a light sleeper.

Any info on Trivastal experiences would be appreciated. Also any other specific substances you have tried that can improve memory, function and mood/wellbeing without side effects - I would be very interested in hearing them.

Also, when you read into these things they are actually doing some quite complex changes to the brain. I can't help being a bit concerned about this? Why should I not be?

jiminniey2k said:
I have heard good things about Deprenyl - also a few negative but not so bad. Couple of answers I couldnt find are - how long does it take to start working? (yeah, I know) and can it cause sleep disturbances. I am a light sleeper.

Deprenyl effects, IME, are felt the first day you take it. Maximum effect after 7 to 10 days. It made getting to sleep more difficult (but I think I'm quite sensitive to that sort of thing).

Any info on Trivastal experiences would be appreciated. Also any other specific substances you have tried that can improve memory, function and mood/wellbeing without side effects - I would be very interested in hearing them.

Best bet, least (none) side-effects = fish oil (EPA and DHA oils).

Also, when you read into these things they are actually doing some quite complex changes to the brain. I can't help being a bit concerned about this? Why should I not be?

I read everything I could find on these drugs. In summary, I decided to limit the number of substances that are not well researched. Some make good sense such as fish oil (DHA/EPA), antioxidants, choline (maybe).. while some others I found were not acceptable risks to have in a daily schedule, such as the 'racetams and vinpocetine (sp).

Somehow in all my reading, I decided that what's good for a rat or mouse MAY not be good enough for a human brain. :) Some of these chemicals have only really been tested in *ahem* lower life forms over the long term.

A search has led me to these nootropics, which until a day ago I didn't know existed.... WHOA! I am really interested in the long term use of these additives - and which one exactly would be best for a daily use scenario. Is anyone using it like this?

My nootropic regimen doesn't really cost all that much (addressing the issue of cost).

Bottle of ginkgo
bottle of ginseng
700 g piracetam-20 bucks
500 g choline citrate-15 bucks
75 grams alcar-20 bucks
75 grams plcar-18 bucks
90 g GABA-15 bucks
Vit. B-6-5 dollars maybe

The above will last me several months (except for the B-6) at daily use. I only use piracetam 2-3 times a week now, and I see my still formidable 700 g tub lasting me well into 2008.

The great thing with piracetam is you DON'T have to use it everyday to get good effects from it. Just one dose allows you to do so much more cognitively, it's amazing.

Wake Up(7:00):
Selegiline(2.5mg) || (Rhodiola Rosea(250mg) && Yohimbine(15mg))
Chocamine(800mg)
ALCAR(800mg)

Breakfast(8:00):
Fish Oil(1200mg)=(DHA(480mg), EPA(720mg))
Alpha-GPC(800mg)
Oxiracetam(800mg)
Vegemite And Peanut Butter on Toast (B vitamins, Choline & taste)
Glass of Grapefruit Juice
(Bunch of random breakfast items)

Morning(10:00):
Modafinal(200mg)

Lunch(13:00):
B50(B1(50mg), B2(50mg), B3(50mg), B6(50mg), B12(50mcg), Biotin(100mcg), FolicAcid(100mcg), PantothenicAcid(50mg), PABA(50mg), Choline(50mg), Inositol(50mg))
Oxiracetam(800mg)

Dinner(18:00):
Fish Oil(1200mg)=(DHA(480mg), EPA(720mg))

Bed(*):
ZMA(Vitamin B-6(15mg), Magnesium(450mg), Zinc(30mg))

It's missing my rational. Which I will post later today.

Basicly I never mix the MAOI's with the other MAOIS, and I don't use Modafinal while one a selegiline cycle..
In act I only use Modafinal when I am study, or feeling slow.