• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Aniracetam... holy crap does it work!

From a research perspective:

What happens if you miss a dose, or a week's dose?

How many of you guys are depressed or have other "blunders," like extreme shyness or anxiety? How about satisfied with life, happy, somewhat stress-free, and not interested in taking psychedelics/other drugs anymore?

Do you feel you've returned to a previous mindstate? For example, five years ago you were very poetic or intellectual and aniracetam brought this mind state back.

I'm wondering if this (a) has no adverse effects, and (b) puts you at your potential, meaning w/o all of these blunders (anxiety and social phobia would be blunders, and your thought processes could be pretty warped, like paranoia), or that these nootropics actually raise your mental level to be clearer/cleaner.

I'm on a mission to find something wrong with these. They sound too damn good to be true.

sexyanon2 said:
From a research perspective:

I'm wondering if this (a) has no adverse effects, and (b) puts you at your potential, meaning w/o all of these blunders (anxiety and social phobia would be blunders, and your thought processes could be pretty warped, like paranoia), or that these nootropics actually raise your mental level to be clearer/cleaner.

I'm on a mission to find something wrong with these. They sound too damn good to be true.

(a) No significant adverse effects... by definition, for a substance to be considered a Nootropic (aniracetam, piracetam etc²), one of the conditions is that it must improve your health and lifespan!

(b) for me it didn't so much bring me back to anything, as I am young, but it has done everything you mentioned. I have added other nootropics since and
they are working wonders too, but yeah...just keep reading, pubmed has some limited info on studies on healthy people, but plenty on mice, which can be correlated to people in most cases.

I can't stress this enough, if you are going to try one of the racetams (and I recommend Piracetam first) make sure you get a good choline source. Alpha GPC or CDP Choline, failing that, go with DMAE. Lecithin and choline bitartrate are better than nothing, but the others I mentioned are not that expensive (DMAE is damn cheap).

[q]pippin what do u have deprenyl prescribed for`?[/q]
It would be prescribed for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or something.

I have a quick question regarding aniracetam. Is it possible to get this nootropic from the shelves of GNC or a pharmacy in somewhere like Australia? I'm not sending money for it, I don't really trust companies.

Another quick one. Is it safe to take this substance if you are suffering from depression and are taking antidepressants to cure it?

ticktock said:
[q]pippin what do u have deprenyl prescribed for`?[/q]
It would be prescribed for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or something.

I have a quick question regarding aniracetam. Is it possible to get this nootropic from the shelves of GNC or a pharmacy in somewhere like Australia? I'm not sending money for it, I don't really trust companies.

If you don't trust companies, pay with either pay-pal, money order (which can be cancelled within around 1 to 2 weeks if they screw you - check this with your bank), or of course any credit-card. Anonymous credit cards can be found on the internet if you are a minor.

Another quick one. Is it safe to take this substance if you are suffering from depression and are taking antidepressants to cure it?

I don't think there are many clinical studies that researched that, but given that aniracetam's supposed method of action is completely different from anti-depressants such as prozac, in my humble opinion there would be no conflict. Somebody more experienced will hopefullly reply to this part of your post.

qwe said:
"What about drinking alcohol with these products? Can you?"

Yes. Makes the alcohol stronger. Be careful though

"is that stuff good for you though?"

definitly... its neuroprotectant

aniracetam has been wonderful to me (always in a writing/reading intellectual mood on days i take aniracetam, and i definltly feel a good difference in my reaidng/writing/thinking. too bad its not too good when you have HPPD symptoms

okay..so Im going to buy the aniracetam stuff...but this is all kinda confusing for me. What other supplement do I need to take with it, and how much?

MynameisnotDeja said:
okay..so Im going to buy the aniracetam stuff...but this is all kinda confusing for me. What other supplement do I need to take with it, and how much?

Buy some aniracetam capsules.
Buy some oxiracetam capsules.

See which you like better. Aniracetam is great for 6 hours, oxiracetam keeps energetic and level (mentally) all day.

With any of the 'racetams you should be taking a choline supplement. For simplicity's sake, buy lecethin. It's cheap and has good bioavailability.

Give us your feedback once you've tried it! I just love my new found "drugs".

lifeisforliving said:

See which you like better. Aniracetam is great for 6 hours, oxiracetam keeps energetic and level (mentally) all day.

With any of the 'racetams you should be taking a choline supplement. For simplicity's sake, buy lecethin. It's cheap and has good bioavailability.

What he said. Also consider using oxi as your everyday racetam and ani as a boost, or you can use them both every day like some people do, great combo from what I have heard (pram/oxi would be the ultimate, but everyones out of pram atm). I am on piracetam atm, but will be trying the oxi/ani combo next.

Best thing I ever did.

edit: oh yeah, lecithin tastes great too, I add it to my protein shakes all the time. I also take DMAE. I want to try alpha GPC in my next order.

Huperzine makes the choline lasts longer and is great for memory. Apart from that, try the racetams first to work out dosage/results, then start adding other nootropics one or two at a time to get an objective idea of the effect they are having on you.

Hope this helps,
Dan

edit: http://www.textfiles.com/drugs/megabrai.txt

Best article I have read on 'racetams/nootropics to date :) WELL WORTH THE READ!!!

lifeisforliving said:

Okay, so lecethin has choline in it? How much should I take a day?
I think I am going to order the aniracetam first..since it seems to last shorter time..just in case it makes me feel weird or something. Ill order it tomorrow probably and find some lecethin too. Ill let you guys know when I start taking it. Oh yeah and one more thing, the choline supplement, do I need to take that every day, or just days when I take the 'racetam?

MynameisnotDeja said:
Okay, so lecethin has choline in it? How much should I take a day?

Well... there are many different opinions on that.

For myself, I started with 250mg Choline Bitartrate (which is the cheapest, least "bioavailable" choline). I then increased it to 500mg, and that seems to work best with my oxiracetam 800mg daily regimen. I decided to try higher doses of choline bitartrate (750 to 1g daily) but found that I was getting jaw clenching, muscle tightness - and then I looked it up and found the excesss choline can produce such symptoms! I'm only 30y/o so I assume my brain is pretty much working fine.. so the 250mg choline bitartrate seems "perfect" for me. Your results will vary.

The idea (as far as I humbly know) is to ensure that your choline levels in your brain do not get depleted thus negating the aniracetam effect.

Feelings I had BEFORE using choline and WHEN I did aniracetam was:
first 1 to 3 hours - GREAT, almost speedy without the jidders - studying was VERY easy and memorable. The last 3 to 6 hours... well, I started kinda fading out a bit. It still felt great, but the mental focus just wasn't there (STILL BETTER Than it would have been without the supplement though).

I enjoyed starting with aniracetam since it has the most noticeable effect - as in within the first hour you KNOW something's up. However, I found after a couple months of usage I got tired of the aniracetam up/down/up/down/brain fog. Whether this was due to lack of choline since I wasn't taking it at the time, or rather just aniracetam's regular effect - I don't know. This you will have to find out for yourself.

I think I am going to order the aniracetam first..since it seems to last shorter time..just in case it makes me feel weird or something. Ill order it tomorrow probably and find some lecethin too. Ill let you guys know when I start taking it. Oh yeah and one more thing, the choline supplement, do I need to take that every day, or just days when I take the 'racetam?

Well a basic choline supplement can't hurt. I persoanlly take the choline and oxiracetam at the same time in the morning 9 to 9:30am. Works perfect for me.

I think the recommended dosage of aniracetam is 500mg. I usually did 1500mg...I like being "up there" or not at all - especially with a drug that has a comedown like aniracetam. (the comedowns are MILD, nothing like a "Real" drug likek coke or anything - you may not even notice it.).

Once you get the feel of what dose is good for you with aniracetam, then find a bulk supplier of oxiracetam and you are all set!

ps... With Aniracetam I would sometimes have to redose at around 2pm - I got brain fogginess that made me noit want to study unless I redosed.

The MAIN benefit to start with either the ani or oxi versions, is that the effect can be immediate - not "take 4 grams a day for 3 weeks and you'll feelk something!" 8)

Last edited:
bump - anybody else have anything to say about this stuff? I've been taking it, but for the price difference of this and piracetam, I can't see that many more beneficial effects.

^^^ Really? what does have you tried?

I'm currently on a break from them, I've had insomnia as of late so I stop supplements like these until my sleep is back to normal.

After about 3 months of use I've found:

1) Aniracetam is wayyy too much like speed for me. I'm on a mental speed-rollercoaster... updownupdown.. foggy.. then updown foggy etc etc.

2) Oxiracetam - That stuff is the shit! Woo hoo. 800mg in the morning and I"m PLOWING through my work. I found this really helps me.

On the supplement note about taking choline with these, I've found that if I take choline bitartrate as a supplments (as people say we're supposed to with this stuff) I get muscle stiffness and am too hyper to settle down at night. I guess I already have enough choline in my brain normally :)

I'd say if piracetam does what you need it to do, then there is no sense changing.

BUT! The one major difference you should find is that with oxiracetam you can feel the effects within HOURS instead of DAYS with piracetem... which is a MAJOR benefit because I like being "on" for days I need to mentally focus, then I can be "off" and take a break from them to let my brain rest when needed.

So whats the better deal: 700 grams of piracetam for $20 or 30 grams of aniracetam for $11?

My guess is piracetam...

Piracetam is cheap, and a solid buy... try the piracetam, and if you find that works, try the aniracetam

I just got some oxiracetam / choline. Took 1.5g oxi + 1g of choline citrate.

Never used nootropics before.

Started feeling something within an hour, colors seemed brighter, sense of smell heightened, head was clearer.

I started off the day really tired, groggy. I took the oxi / choline halfway through the day at about 4pm, and really noticed its effects by 6pm. I was much more alert, but not speedy. I was typing faster, troubleshooting quicker (was at work at the time, helpdesk) and overall I feel more focussed.

Its now 9:30 and I still feel great. I was surprised by the effects, I did not think one dosage would be so noticeable. Definitely will be adding this to my regular regimen.

aniracetam seems to give me brain fog. i would like to use piracetam, oxiracetam and aniracetam but aniracetam just seems to give me brain fog. what is a good dose for aniracetam. when using 2-4g of piracetam and 1-2g of oxiracetam.

I've tried 200mg 400mg up to 1g of aniracetam. All of those doses didn't give me the desired effects, just as you said - mostly negative effects like "brain fog".

Oxiracetam is the better choice IMHO.

thanks for the tip this is interesting. Ive been using gotu kola and gingko biloba to help my memory and aid brain function but these arent like classic nootropics and ive been impressed with the result. im definately willing to try some stronger nootropics out.

^ Then (carefully) research into seleginine. It's an MAOI, but other than that it has some really good clinically studied benefits.

There are lots of links to it on BL.

Question:

For those who use nootropics/nutruitional supplements/sports nutrition:

What's your daily stack and how much does it cost you per day? Is paying for all these -cetams and choline and gingko and green tea oil pills really worth the price you pay?

I would very much like to try my hand with nootropics especially? But I'm not sure if I can afford it. I also want to start taking carbo powder, creatine, protein powder, nitric acid, and multivitamins.

Basically I want to put my body in a state of peak performance. But I don't think I'll be able to dedicate a whole paycheck every month to my body. I need to have money for recreation!! And for buying a motorcycle... yes a motorcycle.