• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Aniracetam... holy crap does it work!

Well this is my personal experience, as well as the one of a friend of mine, as well as a few comment I've seen on forums. In my experience I clearly felt that ALA was intefering with my MDMA trip. I can't give you anything more solid.

However, the claim of ALA protecting from ectasy has already been verified.

See here or a start

http://www.mdma.net/alphalip.html

The second time I took Ectasy, ALA and deprenyl, and got even better results.

http://www.mdma.net/depsave.html

I tried both times with a sizeable dose though, which is 600mg R-ALA during the night, which comes to 1.5g of K-R-ALA (which is standardized at 40% usually).

Ectasy itself is not a free radical, but once it has been metabolized and synapses get flooded by serotonine and dopamine, massive oxydation is created.

So, who wants to do a double-blind study about the effect of ALA on ectasy dosage? :D

I completely agree with you that ALA is neuroprotective. There's many a study to demonstrate that.

Are you aware of the implications of combining ecstasy with deprenyl (selegiline)? You do realise that its an irreversible MAO inhibitor don't you? The way you describe it is so flippant....

Just because MDMA causes monoamine release and subsequently causes free radical species doesn't mean that ALA will increase the dose needed. If the MDMA has already been metabolised, then how could ALA affect the dose?

If the ALA is interfering with your experience, it's probably intestinal related. Were you taking it at the same time as the pill, or slightly before?

-VelocideX

Like I told you, I don't have any scientific proofs that ALA increases the quantity of Ectasy needed. Just anectodal evidence.

The two times, I took 200mgs 2 hours before the pill, 200mg 2 hours after and 200mg the next day (about 12 hours after first consumption.) My friend followed the same procedure.

I doubt it is related to intestinal absorbtion as both times, I plugged the crushed pills (rectal absorbtion), a procedure I've done in the past.

It might have been Deprenyl interfering, but like I told you the first time I stopped Deprenyl 2 weeks before the party and still felt an interference.

I'm still investigating this, as I have nothing more to backup my claims.

As for Deprenyl, you'll need to do a bit more research on this substance.

Deprenyl is a MAO-B inhibitor at normal dosages. I take 1-2mg before a party. No problems here.

Research has shown Deprenyl to become more selective at high dosages. It can then become a MAO-A inhibitor, which is very dangerous of course, serotonin syndrome and all. All research I've seen claims this effects starts at 10-15mg/day+ of Deprenyl, which is a huge dose.

I take 2mg every other day, which is far below this threshold. To me, adding Deprenyl to my last party's stack clearly had some protective effects, and a much gentler fall to my baseline level. The link I gave you shows that this wasn't just my imagination, and never did I felt a side effect from this combination. In fact I took my temperature and blood pressure 2 times during the party (home party, hosts are paramedics haha), and nothing was abnormal.

In brief, I will keep taking high doses doses of ALA and low doses of Deprenyl with Ectasy, as this combination has proven to be extremely good to me.

As for the dosages, I will try to do some more tests with friends, as well as try again with ALA only, but don't expect a scientific study here. ALA is a complex substance and MDMA is a complex drug. Who knows exactly what is happening when they are taken together?

I hope this information helps you :)

Last edited:
Actually Velocidex and I both know about the selectiveness of deprenyl.

I have a prescription for it for 5mg/day and Velocidex takes it for exams twice a year.

Pippin said:
Actually Velocidex and I both know about the selectiveness of deprenyl.

I have a prescription for it for 5mg/day and Velocidex takes it for exams twice a year.

What is Deprenyl usually prescibed for? I asked my GP about it for some symptoms I have been having that I thought it might help with, but he would not give me a script, usually he will give me anything.

It's an irreversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase B. It's used for treating parkinson's disease. It is contraindicated with stimulants. If it's only inhibiting MAOB it should be fine, but if it inhibits MAOA (which it does at higher doses) then there's the possibility of a hypertensive crisis, which could cause a heart attack or stroke. -VelocideX

I wonder what would be the effects of speed/E with a moderate-high dosage like 5 mg/day?

Would that create buffered-tampon for the stimulating effects of mdma (and especially speed?)

My guess would be that you would be up for at least 2-3 days, with mild euphoria but high blood pressure and jaw clenching. Care to test? ;)

jubai, there is no way in hell that taking r-ala requires you to take 2-3 times the normal dosage of ecstacy that you would take were you not supplementing with it. I cycle on and off r-ala all the time. It's never made any difference whatsoever, even by some miniscule fraction, let alone 2-3 times a difference.. You must be getting some bunk pills or something.

jubai - I know one person who combined 5 mg/day with MDMA. Reported the high to be a little speedy, but otherwise OK.

That doesn't mean it'll be OK for you though. Irreversible MAOA inhibition + MDMA = hypertensive crisis. It's just not worth the risk.

No these are not bunk pills, as I have tried them before, tested them with an EZ-test kit, and have seen several friends on them.

In this case it might more be about the Deprenyl. I remember seeing some studies saying taking Deprenyl with methamphetamine decreased the effect of meth blood pressure and heart rate with monkeys.

Ah, I found it again.

http://www.selegiline.com/methamphetamine.html

Nothing conclusive once again, but it shows I might not be crazy??? :D

VelocideX, Thanks for the report about your friend.

However, sorry but read again about MAOA. At low doses (1-2 mg a day), Deprenyl causes NO (or negligible) MAOA inhibition. Even 5mg should be safe ( MAOA inhibition starts at 10mg), which is why your friend did not suffer adverse effects. Although 5mg is getting a bit too high for my tastes, I get high blood pressure from 3mg alone.

I will try to get some friends on low Deprenyl and try the experiment again.

I will take some different MDMA in 2 weeks too, so we will see about that too.

Thanks for the comments.

I was just wondering if anyone had any luck finding an Australian supplier or importing Piracetam or Aniracetam into Australia (in small quantities for personal use)? Some of the online stores don't guarantee the products won't be seized by customs in certain countries.

Cheers

dh@whyd said:
I was just wondering if anyone had any luck finding an Australian supplier or importing Piracetam or Aniracetam into Australia (in small quantities for personal use)? Some of the online stores don't guarantee the products won't be seized by customs in certain countries.

Cheers

It has been covered in another thread, someone on this board (Maybe BT or Nanobrain, I am not sure, sorry if i got the name wrong) actually contacted customs. <wink> its a good thing we are all suffering from alchohol withdrawal</wink>. Long story short, at the present time, you should have no problems brining in piracetam. Not sure about its analogs, but I think the same may apply.

Thanks frankenberry_bishop, i was only interested in the cognitive enhancing effects so was looking in the wrong forum. Founds several other great threads now & have done a bit more online research,

Cheers

:)

Hope you don't mind if I go back to the Selegiline convo a bit.

Does anyone know what is meant by 'irreversible' MAOIs?

I think that I read somewhere that irreversible meant that it lasted for say, one month until your 'platelets' have rejuvenated some new cells. (I hope this is the case and that it isn't for life, because I have had a tad too much Selegiline over the last month or so and now the feeling won't go)

Last weekend I went out and had three beers, and I guess because MAO inhibition means that there are less enzymes to break down drugs, the alcohol stayed in my system for so long - only three beers and I was dry retching all night! Dizzy until lunchtime the next day.

Cigs make you want to puke too.

Meh

I believe "irreversable" mease that the selegiline will denature mao-b permanently. The enzyme will be ineffective until more is synthesized. Irreverible enzyme inhibitors only tie up a particular enzyme for a period of time.

ebola

"What about drinking alcohol with these products? Can you?"

Yes. Makes the alcohol stronger. Be careful though

"is that stuff good for you though?"

definitly... its neuroprotectant

aniracetam has been wonderful to me (always in a writing/reading intellectual mood on days i take aniracetam, and i definltly feel a good difference in my reaidng/writing/thinking. too bad its not too good when you have HPPD symptoms

my life has changed in so many positive ways since i've started taking 5mg pill of deprenyl per day

da_sense said:
my life has changed in so many positive ways since i've started taking 5mg pill of deprenyl per day

I have had the same experience with piracetam+choline. I am looking forward to testing deprenyl in my stack too. When I first started researching nootropics, I never thought they would have such a tangible, positive effect on my life.