• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

bupe withdrawals, how are they?

adradmin said:
i heard of one doctor starting out EVERYONE at like 24mg, regardless of their habit. WHY is that? it seems like bupe is overkill and that they give u the highest dose possible. for me, 4mg was PLENTY, and i was using a lot of fuckin H. i think ppl say ohh well 16mg is working for me so im not gonna lower it, but try taking 8mg one day, ull be surprised that it holds u without wd too.

this is for the patients, did ur doctors make it clear how addictive and dangerous such high doses (16-32 aka ur "maintenance dose") are right from the getgo? it seems that docs want them on it for many months and dont even warn u about possible withdrawal. "oh, the withdrawal is painless we will do a quick taper and ull be good to go". are all doctors like that?? lol

I would agree. The ceiling dose of buprenorphine is around 8-16mg, so increasing the dose wouldn't result in any significant increase in receptor activation. I do think however that 16mg in most people would be marginally more potent than 8mg, however 24mg is definitely fruitless.

I talked to a doc about that, and he told me it was to be CERTAIN all other opiates was blocked completely..... Its stupid regardless, you COULD end up with a higher tolerance than your dope habit....which here is disastrous, since nobody goes off the bupe before being on it for years.(norway)

One can get temgesic tapers too, but thats like 4mg a day and fast down in max three months. Usually combined with same rate of taper on clonazepam since this method is used mostly for the multidrug-abusers.

I did two suboxone detoxes along with klonopin and skelaxin- fuck that was a nice outpatient clinic- state shut them down though- fuckers. Anyway, 4 week taper for all of it, almost no symptoms- this from a 2g/day habit. It was a hell of a lot better than my last 1g/day cold kick- which sucked, but it was time, and I wasn't doing in-patient again. I just crashed out in a friend's apartment with a bucket.

doc

It is possible to overcome the receptor blockade, so it's wrong to say opiates are blocked completely.

hashforlife said:
I talked to a doc about that, and he told me it was to be CERTAIN all other opiates was blocked completely.....

I'd never go back to that doc again. I can tell you FOR CERTAIN that he's wrong as I've taken bupe too close to a dose, gone into immediate puking shaking wds, and then shot several bags of dope to successfully stop the wds. Yes, it does block, but it's not complete, and can be overcome.

doc

Bupe is very hard to kick. SWIM really does believe it to be just as hard as other opiates. Opiates such as oxycodone and morphine are more physical to me, while bupe feels very mental. It gets SWIM so deppresed coming off of it, and sleep is impossible due to the constant thoughts speeding through SWIMS head. Plus it takes forever to leave your system. The withdrawals stay the same for so long, and you almost begin to lose hope, which makes you want to relapse again. SWIM does believe it to be a miracle drug because life is so much easier on it, then other opiates, but its by no means easy to kick.

Last edited:
You have to wean yourself down off of it..... I was highly addicted to heroin and I got on suboxone which to me is a miracle its a life saver as opposed to methadone which gets in your bones , and the withdrawl is the worst withdrawl you will ever experience. I was on suboxone for over a year and then was weaned down, i experienced.no withdrawl. Unfortunately I didn't go to meetings or did anything I was supposed to and I relapsed bad. Now I'm back on suboxone along with counseling and they are starting to wean me down. So as long as you are weaned down and you go to aa or na meetings and follow the recovery program, you will prevent relapse 90 percent.