Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Baclofen - Inexperienced - 20 hours

ToxicFerret

Bluelighter
A bit of background:
I've done shrooms, smoked pot, done coke and oxy and vicodin, had ambien, adderall, etc. I've had a decent amount of experience with benzos as well as alcohol. Baclofen has been compared to GHB and I have never had a chance to try that.

So after school on Tuesday I headed to one of my friends houses with some other drug users to have a bunch of cigarettes and plan the weekend's exploits. One of the girls that came with us is parapeligiac, and she is prescribed these baclofen muscle relaxers that she never takes for some reason. She offered us some, since she had about 45 on hand. My friend Andy took three, Dom had three, I had four, and Alex had two, since we were all pretty bored. I had tried one before and found it had very little effect if any on me at such a low dose, so I decided to go all out. My girlfriend showed up and we chilled for a while there and smoked a pack between the group of us. The drug began to come on as I left to walk my girl to the subway. This was fifteen minutes or slightly more after ingestion. It is important to note I had eaten very little this day.

I didn't feel the drug so much as a bloated feeling in my gut. It was quite unpleasant, and made walking painful. After taking the elevator up to the balcony to meet the others, I found them eating pixi sticks and joking around about coke. Somebody suggested we snort some baclofen as well, though nobody remembers who. We were all loose enough by now to think this was a terrific idea. We crushed four tablets and made around ten lines. We took turns snorting them, and about ten minutes later the oral doses and the insufflated doses hit at almost the same time.

All of a sudden we all started clowning around and laughing and being rather stupid. The world began to spin and it became nearly impossible to keep my eyes fixed on any one spot. We took turns on the treadmill in the room next to the balcony, and ended up all trying to run while most plastered on the fastest setting. After grooving with that for a while, it was time for me to go to guitar class. This is where I realized I might have a problem. I was slurring madly, and I couldnt stand too well. It reminded me of my xanax binges in that there was almost no nausea associated with the intoxication unlike alcohol. I feel that baclofen can be euphoric, but it also reminds me a bit of a 'dirty' drug, like diphenhydramine. More on that later.

Anyway so I made it to guitar class, and somehow managed not to fall out of my chair or otherwise embarass myself. I got a ride from guitar to a sandwitch place and then to my dance class from my ma. I discovered how much fun it is to listen to music on baclofen on the way, tapping out the drum parts pretty wildly (I've been drumming for a bit over a year). I was having a damn good time. At dance I was much more sociable than I even am usually. I'm rather an extrovert, but I was being completely ridiculous. I still couldn't focus my eyes on anything and I had trouble standing steadily, but movement was no problem. I invited two of the girls to the party I had planned with my other friends for the weekend, and eventually lurched my way back out to the car.

Here's where the 'dirty' aspect of the drug came in. I got tired, and seriously, staying awake when you're tired on baclefen is not only near impossible, it is unpleasant as hell. I felt like I was on a high dose of a deleriant. I ended up passing out once on the phone and twice else in various places around the house before I decided to forget the homework and just sleep. I passed out for a final time in front of my computer. My ma took out the dogs at 4 the next morning and I woke up and literally crawled into bed.

I had a real problem now becuase it was still working! Over twelve hours later I still couldn't focus my eyes on anything, my field of vision kept moving, and my sense of balance was fuckered. The effects were diminished, but still very much there. This lasted to around noon, a full twenty hours after taking the baclofen.

So to summarize:
Do not take baclofen recreationally if you have somewhere to be for almost a full 24 hours afterwords. If you do take it when you have enough time, fall asleep when you get tired for however long you need to sleep. ASide from the length and the sleepiness, it's actually quite a fun drug, perhaps not in such a large quantity. Don't snort it, it tastes like ass.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_baclofen
substancecode_gabapentinoids
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
exptype_bodyload
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
great experience.

baclofen sounds like a lot of fun and a pretty social drug!

b.lin.x

Thanks for your report.

I would like to say here though it sounds like a bit of a dangerous drug to overdose on. Do not mix with alcohol if you are on this, and don't go railing 20 lines of it thinking your invincible.

Baclofen Information

Splatt said:
I would like to say here though it sounds like a bit of a dangerous drug to overdose on. Do not mix with alcohol if you are on this, and don't go railing 20 lines of it thinking your invincible.

Much what I was thinking, although every idea sounds great when you're already high ;)

i have taken baclofen twice & it relaxes ur body definitly. It doesnt do much for you mentally

in the pill book i got it says (euphoria "feeling high") is a possible side effect

i took 20mg one time & feel alseep an hour after i popped them cuz i was tired ne wayz & this last time i took them last night actually i took 20mg with (1) 50mg tramadol & then 70 minutes later took 100mg diphenhydramiune cuz i was ready for bed but i didnt or couldnt fall asleep i was feeling kinda good though cuz diphenhydramine definitly affects the brain 100% & not the body about 2 hours later i really needed to get some sleep so i popped 20mg more baclofen & finally 20 minutes later i passed out & i slept interuption free & comfortable for 8 hours

ive never sniffed them but i hear you can sniff muscle relaxers i wouldnt recomend it though just pop it or chew it up or grind it into powder & mix with a drink so it will hit u quicker if ur an impatient person

i really wana try some (soma) eventualy i heard those are good & are outta ur system in 6 hours ?? Thats that shit corey haim was addicted to =D

baclofen is useless for recreation..but an EXCELLENT opiate potentiater. take with some oxy or hydrocodone and you'll be set

good to find this, my boyfriend just got prescribed baclofen and keeps offerin some to me to make up for hoggin a buncha 30mg morphines, which dont do shit for em btw. i know im bein a little selfish, cause he has legitimate problems..but he doesnt have to use his problems as an excuse to eat a buncha pills and not even offer me one. couple times he did it behind my back.

btw trammy, soma's are alright. you'd prolly have to eat a bunch of em to get any kinda good effect.. i didn't really get that much outta it, they knock my bf out tho.

=D later gators

Interesting. I know this is an old thread- but I am currently using baclofen & trying to find all the information I can on it.

No more than 2 or three Somas, any more than that is just overkill.
That really depends on tolerance; before recently switching to butalbital as a substitute for carisoprodol (when it was recently scheduled in Jan 2012 here in the US), I was on 10,500mg/day... do the math, heh. & 2-3 pills of 350mg carisoprodol wouldn't do jack shit for me at this tolerance

(btw- at doses of 1500-1700mg/day, butalbital was a quite efficient as a replacement therapy for carisoprodol- w/ less side effects than carisoprodol itself; although w/ less euphoria)

bottom line use with other drugs

I've been experimenting with Baclofen for about a week now.

Taking it on its own, its basically does nothing. I feel a little bit of a high, but its going to make you drowsy. Its like when you smoke weed the first time. You're high for a bit and then you pass out.

But seriously, take it with other opiates. I crush up about 20mg or so and mix it with oxy or hydro. I recommend that you snort (i prefer to snort things but I guess you could take them orally as well) the oxy or hydro first and then snort the baclofen. The effect increases the high like crazy. It also makes it last a little longer in my opinion. I did find that if you snort the baclofen first, the high isn't as good.

Recently, I found that mixing it with coke is pretty nice as well. Do the same order like the opiates.

Bottom line - don't take it on its own unless you need to fall asleep within 20 mins after taking it.

Baclofen is an interesting chemical. Close to GHB but practically inert by itself, you never know what it can 'reveal' when combined with active CNS depressants. I would avoid alcohol though.

bad advice

good to find this, my boyfriend just got prescribed baclofen and keeps offerin some to me to make up for hoggin a buncha 30mg morphines, which dont do shit for em btw. i know im bein a little selfish, cause he has legitimate problems..but he doesnt have to use his problems as an excuse to eat a buncha pills and not even offer me one. couple times he did it behind my back.

btw trammy, soma's are alright. you'd prolly have to eat a bunch of em to get any kinda good effect.. i didn't really get that much outta it, they knock my bf out tho.

=D later gators

this is horrible advice. Do not under any circumstances take a lot of some. that is one of the drugs you want to avoid taking many at all. I have been using drugs for decades (everything from chloral hydrate to 5meoamt and almost everything in between. I have a massive tolerance to drugs. Ive don't soma several times and almost always end up blacking out and forgetting how many I took and what they felt like. the last time I messed with them was when I traded some of my suboxone for ten of them. I ate five to wait for the effects to kick in before i planned on taking the remaining five. well I never made it to the second five. All I remember is swallowing the five and sitting down to watch tv. my next memory is waking up in an intensive care unit with a tube coming out of my dick hole. They had to resuscitate me. I'm the type that can handle unusually large amounts of drugs because of experience and tolerance (based on what I'm reading, that demographic does not fit many of you. I get the impression from the op that he might be in early highschool. you mentioned you went to your friend's house to "smoke a lot of cigarettes. I'm not talking down about you but you'll learn that when you get a little older you most likely will try to hide the fact that you're a smoker;). even with my drug tolerance soma almost sold me a dirt nap. From what I was told I tried to fight the cops who were trying to help me, and running straight into walls before finally having a seizure. I don't remember any of this at all. Black outs suck and tubes in your dick hole suck more. In hindsight I may have had such a violent reaction because I am prescribed omeprazole which helps the body metabolize soma into meprobamate which is a super dangerous doesn't from the old days (aka. Miltown). So yeah if you're interested in feeling tubing fed into your penis hole and having a drug overdose follow you on your records for the rest of your life, then you should eat lots of soma.
Now onto baclofen. this is a very tricky drug for two reasons. It acts very different from person to person. this is why prescriptions of it have such confusing dosing instructions. It needs titrated/titrited. I just hit my doc up for a script of it because I am going to try to quit drinking, and there is promising research out there for this purpose. as an example, here is my dosing instructions:
TAKE 1/2 TAB AT BED TIME 3DAY-1/2 TAB TWICE A DAY 3DAY - TAKE 1/2 TAB THREE TIMES A DAY IF TOLERATED
all doctors prescribe it in a similar fashion because they know how unpredictable a dose can be from one person to the next.
The second reason to be careful with baclofen is that it has a horrific withdrawal syndrome if not tapered, even after using low doses. The withdrawal is pretty much a mixture between benzodiazepine and ghb w/d. not only will the withdrawal make you want to die, but you might actually die.
sorry if I'm coming off as preachy or megalomaniacle but I'm just trying to help to reduce harm that you may cause yourself. I wish I had someone pitching this stuff to me when I was younger. I learned the hard way that we are not invincible. My best advice yu would be to start out small with drugs because you could always take more but once you take them you can'tuntake them.
Good luck!
@sp0r412

Did anyone mention that this is more or less a nazi fart drug?!

Last edited:
Will Baclofen, which I can a gram of for so cheap, its hardly believable (but trust-able), help someone reduce benzo consumption thus help tapering. Thanks. I would think so, but I've never had a GABA-B drug, oh I guess I did with methacarbamol? But that thing is such an insult to muscle relaxants worldwide that I don't count it.

Baclofen is an interesting chemical. Close to GHB but practically inert by itself, you never know what it can 'reveal' when combined with active CNS depressants. I would avoid alcohol though.

Inert? can you elucidate what you mean by that? Baclofen has a plethora of effects. it is most certainly not inert and almost completely mimics GHB's effects.

My experience with Baclofen for opioid potentiation. To summarize the upcoming story in one ominous sentence. After 60mg Baclofen and 120mg Oxy IR, my wife described me the next morning as an unconscious pile of quivering, twitching, drooling mess. I "slept on the couch". She took comfort in my tortured moans and loud gasps for air as my lungs clearly decided to take several breaks through the night. I was unresponsive to to almost anything. My neighbor was in combat rescue with the USAF for several Middle East tours stretching dessert storm to most recent conflicts in Syria and Afghanistan. He performed a several deep pain stimuli including jaw line pressure points, a vicious sternal rub and placing my legs and holding them in very uncomfortable stress positions. The sternal worked... Had it not, I would be intubated in a coma as I write this.
This is not my first experience with Baclofen. And it truly is the gold stadard for opiate potentiation. If you insist On using it, remember, Baclofen goes from 20mg's and an OC and feelin' fiiiine to a twitching pile of unresponsive drool in a big damn hurry. It has a tight curve. Just like Soma and many other skeletal muscle relaxers. Simply 10mg too much and you're done. I am a very experienced user of all opiates and their potentiators. IMHO- 600mg cimetedine, a benzo... And maybe promethazine are the way to go. Promethazine goes from "super fun" to intense and unpleasant delerient in about half a pill as well. Please respect Baclofen. It's not well documented. There is no antidote. You go to the ER in Bac OD, you get a dick tube. An endotracheal tube. Supportive care. And a bunch of people hoping you pull through. On a side note, and also poorly advertised, Baclofen is a miracle for severe alcoholism... hardened alcoholics regularly post reviews in shock that not every Dr in the US at least, is at least privy to this life saving information.

I passed out, had a vomiting session after I woke up and felt horrible for whole day. It was my first time taking Baclofen with a dosage of 200mg (pills). So watch out for it.

Last edited:
I passed out, had a vomiting session after I woke up and felt horrible for whole day. It was my first time taking Baclofen with a dosage of 200mg (pills). So watch out for it.
I take baclofen. I don’t know what it does to you. It rarely works on me maybe I’m not taking enough