• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What do you do and how can you use your expertise to help fellows Bluelighters?

i've also got some experience with medical stuff, but i havent had any formal training yet except for basic first aid and the proper way to give injections. i'm going to medic school this winter, so after taht i'll have a lot more knowledge in this area.

I'm a massage therapist in Saskatchewan Canada, so any health related things I can try to help you with, if I don't know the answer, I do my best to find out!

I guess acting/drama and music (I listen and write) would be my areas of expertise. I don't see how any of that could be of any use to you kind people though. I'm Therevadan Buddhist so maybe I could help people with issues relating to that. Other than those things, I'm a worthless loser. ;)

I'm a marketing and management nerd. And a bit of a graphics/web design type person as well. Yay.

I work as a legal secretary for a law firm that handles primarily discrimination, civil rights and employment related matters. Before that I worked in trusts, estates and contracts. If you ever want a second opinion on a contract (big or small) I've drafted loads of them and, geek that I am, I can find provisions that might be objectionable, and if your employer fires or discriminates against you, I can tell you the appropriate first steps to take, let you know about statutes of limitations, and tell you how to get hold of a reputable attorney in your area.

My nearly 6 years working for law firms on both coasts have also taught me a lot about dealing with difficult people. I've thought about writing an FAQ on that - perhaps I will get around to it someday.

I'm a pedant and an excellent proofreader. If you have something that needs editing I might be able to help though I believe Sim0n trumps me in that regard. ;)

I'm a halfway decent student of astrology and owe the astrology thread in T & A a follow-up. I don't take it as gospel but I've observed patterns and validity in it.

I love to cook and the more people to cook for, the better. I cook from scratch and any of you who have had my cooking or baking can vouch for this. Planning a party and want to impress your guests? I have some simple and delicious recipes with which you can feed an army, or if you want some ideas for a romantic homemade dinner I can advise on that too.

:)

im an artist. going to art school when i finish high school, hopefully.

currently employed at the local sculpture center.

i'm an english literature major - so if that helps at all let me know

also, i'm apprenticing as a body piercer so send your piercing questions my way and if i don't know i will ask my boss!

oh, and i've played the flute for twleve years if that helps anyone (probably not)

I'm a musician. I'm the lead vocalist in a very political band I've been a political activist for about 6 years now. for the most part music is my life if theres something about the music industry you need to know like about getting signed, managers, entertainment lawyers,clubs, etc. you can talk to me I also know a good deal about computers although i would definitely not call myself an expert but yeah music is my thing and politics.

I know a LOT about Aquariums.
I run my own maintenance and installation company.

I know WAY too much about import cars, mainly Japanese and German cars.

I have a really good amount of knowledge on electronic music, specifically House, Progressive, and Tribal, as well as Psy.

I know a tremendous amount about nutrition and bodybuilding. Specifically weight loss, and supplementation. (I've lost ~90lbs of fat over the years)

I also know quite a bit about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai, but I haven't been at that as long as the other things.

I get into things and become a GEEK about em.
But at least I pick up a lot of knowledge in the end.

bump de bump!

great thread idea!

as for me, i cant say i can be too much help to anyone. :\ im not an expert in any one thing that i can think of off the top of my head. i know a little about a lot of different subjects. nothing holds my interest long enough to make me consider myself an 'expert' in anything. i mostly get a general idea of what im learning about, and move onto something else. i really need to focus my energy on one thing at a time.

So what is it about you that can help others?

Me? I flood forums with ancient threads to start new conversations. It's a skill I developed over many years.