• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

PLEASE URGENT! tiny black bugs from meth use.. possible?

I've only ever had two open-eye hallucinations, and this was one -- bugs (looked like ants to me) crawling out of the corners of my husband's old living quarters. For me it was a combo of meth use + wellbutrin + mild sleep deprivation -- I've never had hallucinations otherwise with meth, but I didn't usually abuse it.

Anyway, do what you can to get some sleep, as others have said. This is a very classic hallucination and I would try to tell yourself that and calm yourself as best as posisble. Luckily for me, hubby came over and told me there was nothing there, I chalked it up to a typical hallucination, and just ignored it. Amazingly I wasn't alarmed, even though I'm not a fan of bugs. It's all about the mindset. :)

thanks for reassuring me, i can say this for sure. i wont be staying up more than 1 night in a row ever again.. this drained every last drop of fun out of anything i did all day. im gonna catch alot of crap from my friends for this, as i was always the one telling them it was simply the meth and sleep deprivation..its a totally different experience when its happening to you, lol..with out a doubt the most annoying/aggravating/frightening drug experience i ever had. i hope i have enough downers to combat the meth enough to fall out... im about 20 mins away from running full speed into a wall in hopes of knocking myself unconcious.. lol.. and for the record, the thing i had to do tonight was 100% non negotioable... and it sucked 100% total ass. this is definately one of those experiences to be avoided at all costs.. even with knowing, from friends bug experiences, its still damn near impossible to convince yourself that the bugs are not real, or at least to make yourself stop hunting them down..

oh btw, i have seen a girl throw her bed, rugs, and a lot of clothes out of her house because of these bugs. she also used up a 5 gallon bottle of bug spray in one night. and washes the whole houses tile floors with a mix of bleach/water every single night. she started off seeing on a few on herself. eventually ended up that the bugs were everywhere in her house and all over herself.. talking like every possible millimeter of floor was covered in these tiny bugs. i couldnt see any at all.. nor could anyone else..
shes gonna lay it into me real good when she hears about this story lol.. outta be a full night of explaining and apologizing to her. the amount of time i spent obeying this stupid delusion, and the lack fo self control i showed today makes me feel i should slap myself silly. but im sure if i simply wait until i hang out with her again, shell do that for me, no probelms.. HAHA.

Scabies are a tiny mite that burrow under the skin. They cause very very itchy little bumps, and are most active at night. They're also very contagious, and can be contracted from coming into contact with clothing/furniture/handshakes/etc. They suck, hardcore.

Both when you were and when you weren't.

If the bugs are gone after a good nights sleep, then it was a hallucination from sleep deprivation.

If they're there after you wake up, then I'd go see the doc about scabies. If all your friends have it too, when awake, one of y'all got it and passed it around.

But what you described just sounds like a hallucination from staying up way too long on a drug.

Interesting thread. Sure heavy meth use can have you seeing bugs. But as -=ReD-hAzE=- mentioned, scabies can also be a real threat.

True story.

3 months ago a couple we know who were regular meth users discovered they had scabies. They had assumed the itching/ crawly feelings were meth related and so ignored them. What was worse is that they had infected everyone in the family they were renting a room from, as well as all their friends and their families; kids, old people, everyone. It was believed the scabies probably originated from an old mattress the couple had dug out from an old storage room (cellar). They had been using that mattress for nearly a year before someone suggested the strange freckle type red marks on their skin may in fact be from scabies!!

The girl of the couple nearly had a nervous breakdown over this, and despite giving up meth almost the instant that she was made aware of the problem, she still feels itchy and is super paranoid about crawly things.

The good part of such a story is that it only usually takes one application of the treatment to rid them (benzyl benzoate, malathion or permethrin etc). That and of course washing /airing thoroughly bed linen and everything else which may have been in contact with those infected.

Body / hair lice can also be a problem, as they can anywhere. It's just that, like the above story, if a user puts such itching down to meth use, they may not be aware of such infestations until someone else points it out. Nits and body lice can be much tougher to rid than scabies as they are generally immune to most older treatments and tough enough to survive many of the newer ones.

I've found an mixture of sassafras oil (a few drops only per 100mL), olive oil and ethanol tends to get rid of hair and body lice very quickly. Be careful though, sassafras oil can really irritate the skin if it's too concentrated, and it's chief constituent safrole is listed as a known carcinogen...but hey, how much MDMA is contaminated with traces of safrole? Most of any tablets/ powder that smells like safrole, that's how much!

In addition to scabies, a new form of bedbug has reappeared that hasnt been seen since the 1800's but these bugs are EASILY seen. Binging is one of the three components of abuse. goto bed.

Black Bugs with meth?

Hey several of us thought we had scabies for months. Of course its the meth with a little help from your imagination. I used to have same thing happen to me. I could feel sharp stinginy on skin then look for a sec then what looked like a little black hair pops out. I think it could be basically toxins that have built up and need to pass out of the system. Skin is a filtering organ.

Oh ya went to dr. 3 times, quarantined house sat on plastic friends thought i was crazy. They could be correct

newskin said:
I think this thread should be put in Best of Bluelight.

roflwerd.gif

your post made me laugh.

yes, using meth will cause a certain species of bug to appear in your house8)

When I was working in a dermatology clinic, we have a couple of people come in that beleived that had things growing (bugs, or eggs, or something) under thier skin. They would try digging these things out, leaving massive open wounds on thier skin.

Was nasty stuff. The consultant sent them back to thier GP and suggested psych refferals!

damn it

this thread is making me all itchy amd reminding me of my sad episode with crabs in the past

damn, those little buggers were real!!!!!!!

yup, i little bit too much fun in the sack...scratch scratch:p :p :p

btw, u can get rid of crabs,lice, and scabies with a pill...invermectin...but its an off label use....and u just got to take it twice like a week apart

scratch scratch8o 8o