L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Write a Letter to your S/O or Crush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*not meaning to bump this, just had to comment on this since i didn't see it earlier*

^ THis letter could be exactly what I feel right now.

Last edited:
Who knows, i could be YOUR girlfriend writing this -

Dear "significant other",

I can't seem to fall asleep tonight because theres alot on my mind.
Mainly things about us.
And it's gotten to that point where it's all i seem to think about these days
I can't find the courage to say this to your face, it feels like i'm asking for too much, so i'll just use this alias.

We've been together for a while now and instead of things going forward, they seem to be going back, well for me atleast. I can't give you my heart because i can't reach beyond my desires and needs that i long from you first. Am i being selfish?
I'm getting sick of being the giver, saying 'yes' all the time, sacrificing my time and energy (not to mention money) because deep down inside i care about the ones i love, and finding it very hard to say 'no'. I feel like i'm being taken advantage of, even from you.

I miss how you used to take my hand and hold it as we strolled down the street, now i'm the one waiting for that to happen, then reaching for your hand when it doesn't come.
The messages you would send to my phone. They were short, beautiful and filled with meaning and desire. I still keep them after months because i know i won't get any more like it anytime soon.

How is it that you can trek off to different parts of the city and not mind if you get lost, but you won't even attempt to come over to my house of your own free will, just to see me or surprise me, you know it would mean alot to me. Would you even know how to get here if i wasn't with you???

You take photos, images, moments in time, yet have you ever taken a photograph of me? Just me. Aren't i worth one shot? :(

I've never received a flower from you, not even a single petal. You're not the type to go and pick some flowers from someones garden and give them to me, just because you were thinking of me as you were walking down the street, are you?

So why am i still with you?
I need your attention.
I want some romance into this relationship.
I wish you would do those little special things that couples do for each other. The things that say "You're in my thoughts, and i want you to know i'm thinking of you".
Because i'm still hoping either i can leave behind my desires and needs and be happy with you, or maybe one day you can look deep into my sad eyes and realise theres something missing.

For all bluelighters out there who read this post: Tell you're S/O how much you like them/love them and WHY you do. Do something spontaneous for them, something they were never expecting and just watch they're beautiful face light up before you.

To my husband, Mr Samadhi,

I love that you do silly dances and Bob Dylan and Terry Techno impersonations. You make me laugh till my face hurts.

I love that you are the only man i've ever seen who i can honestly say is breath-takingly beautiful when naked.

I love how the world seems to fade away when you hold me in your arms.

I love the intesity in your eyes when you make love to me.

I love that you call me girlybottom.

I love that you wake me every morning to say good-bye, by kissing my nipples.

I love that you know exactly how to make my coffee & tea.

I love your generous & compassionate spirit. You would give the shirt off your back to someone who needed it, and have literally done so.

I love that even after 6 years, you only have to look at me in that special way you do, and i melt.

I love that you put up with my shit.

I love that you think i'll be a wonderful mother.

I love that you support me, no matter what.

When you're away from me, there is a Mr Samadhi-shaped hole in my universe.

I thought i was complete before, but if someone can complete a complete person, you have done it.

I love the life that we have created.

I love you.

Your wife, Mrs Samadhi

xoxox --> to infinity

Last edited:
Dear .......,
I wish you didn't swear at me when you are angry I think is really rude and If I was to say it to you,you would be very angry at me.

I don't think I deserve to be sworn at it makes me feel like crap.
you shoudn't talk to the person you love like that.

Ambiguous

Hey Babe,

It's hard when you've got equally intense feelings both pro and con. First off, more than anything, it's your friendship that I so love and treasure. That is something I would always want to have. Knowing you on cyber space was cool for 3 years, but in person is even so much better. I never thought we'd get on so well! We both felt so comfortable around each other cause right from the start we had no secrets, and that is very rare to find. As a friend, I'd love a marriage between us, but it's the fact that you're gay, something I've known all along, but just love your personality, and soul. I guess the thing that's hard for me is how it seems I can have just about any straight guy around here (which I don't want) but I can't lie about one thing: Living with my best friend and the one person I would care to have sex with because of how I feel, yet not be able to have the only person I give a damn about would be rough.

This is not to say I expect to change you, or that this wasn't known all along about your preference. We are who we are and that's it. It seems a bit cruel in a way that I can attract the wrong guys to my bed, but not the one that really counts. On the one hand, we're best friends which is awesome, and then on the other hand I fear both of us not being financially stable, both of us using, this could be rough weather ahead. I keep vacillating back and forth like a ping pong ball. Here is something I wrote for you, the sort of vows that pertain to us personally:

6/5/2005

Of Flawed Perfection

Well the time has come at last
How has the time fled so fast?
Soon to be wed?
This is for my fiance

Whom I love dearly
What more can I say?
You said last time you were in town
As I shopped for a gothic wedding gown

That we should exchange our own vows
Exactly what I was thinking
Only you beat me to saying it aloud
If this marriage comes to be

I can honestly say I'd be proud
To sport you as my bridegroom
Walking down the aisle side by side
But make no mistake

We're in for a hell of a ride
You and me, what on earth
Could there be
We're so different, yet so alike

Dropouts of "corporate society"
Not wanting dishonesty or anxiety
For we are rebels with a cause
Children of gods of flawed perfection

At times lost, with no sense of direction
I know not what the future holds
You're my friend, worth more than gold
Under a lovely sky colored crimson

"I take you Erik Simpson
To be by my side
Through rough and smooth, whatever the ride
Although flawed, I'll do my best

To offer solace when you need rest
Even when WD's put us to the test
And be the confidante you can trust
I promise to try to give you space

When you need to be alone
Without a pissed off attitude
I'm your homegirl, you're my dude
To share and support one another

Through our chemical romances
And taking no chances
Watching each other's backs
I promise to treat you with respect

And communicate diplomatically and direct
I will do my best to show you,
My partner and my friend
Whatever happens to the end
I love you"

Comedy and tragedy seems to be my life theme babe. Anyway, I do love you. I don't expect to stay married beyond 5 years necessary, unless for whatever reason it worked out that we both wanted to stay. You may fall in love with a man someday.

T

Last edited:
Scarred Girl - Wow, Awesome letter. I could've written that, time and time again to exes.

TJ, love that writing. The poem was great.

_______,

In all my days, I've never known anything that I couldn't distract myself from, get off of my mind. In all my days before you . . . I haven't stopped thinking about you since last year, its incessant. I've never been in love, never, but now I don't know that I could live without knowing the true meaning of the word, which is different for everyone, but for me its _______. Yes, its you.

Like any relationship, its not all ups, there are surely downs, like anything . . . the gravity of relationships guarantees that, but, in rare cases, baby, its overcome . . . some people rise above it . . . and even if they fail a few times and, like Icarus, fall back to the earth, some of us finally learn to escape that negative pull towards the ground . . . and I feel that we have. And deep down, you do, too.

I love you so fucking much girl it stings . . . lol, I ramble and get off the point, if I had one . . . but again, I never need any reason to write you . . .

Dear ___,

I think you are just ace. Its such a pity that its taken me such a long time and such a lot of unnecessary drama to realise it!
Now we can both be ace together!

Hi there luvvy.

I'm coming to see you tonight! I'm bored stiff here, this place makes me something I don't like to be, so thank god that I have you to turn to.

I know that we are different in many ways. I know that when you get drunk and rude and pissed off I don't like you that much at all. I know that we are going to be away from each other for a year now. But we are getting through, aren't we? Our vacation was wonderful, and I find myself loving you more and more now. It used to be the other way around, but somehow that has all changed. You know, I was actually considering the possibility that we, when we moved away from each other, perhaps would find that we weren't that perfect for each other after all. But how wrong I was. I miss you and think about you every day. I am so grateful for you, for being so caring and understanding. There are two people in my life whom I wouldn't ever want to live without. Two people who know exactly how I work and what I need in different situations. You are one of them, and I thank you for that. (The other one, in case you're wondering, is my lovely cousin glitterbizkit - come to think about it, you actually deserve a post of your own...)

When I move to England this fall, I promise I will totally ignore every gorgeous englishman that comes in my way. And I will come to visit you as often as possible. Because I never want to be without you.

Love,
K

Do you notice how much I do around the house? Do you realize how much effort I put into keeping it clean? Do you notice the fridge is stocked with your favourite things and that I replaced your toiletries in the bathroom because they were low? Do you notice you have clean clothes to wear and you crawled into a freshly made bed devoid of cat hair last night?

Do you notice how much I detest doing it alone? Do you know I dislike you a little each time when I am cleaning up cat puke produced by the animal you wanted to adopt and you are never home to care for? Do you remember that I work full time and pay the rent alone?

I know that you are busy with school and work. I understand that. I supported your life change. That's why I am cool with you hanging out with the boys this Sunday, our only full day together. You need to have fun too. I don't want you to burn out but I am feeling burnt. I have asked you to help me and the bathroom hasn't been cleaned in 3 weeks.

Baby, would you please clean the bathroom before you go out today?

Even better, let's go for brunch then take a walk. Let's go shopping. Let's just be together and have fun. Cleaning is not fun but it has to be done so I can feel better in our place. We work hard to have a nice home to chill in, let's keep it that way.

It makes me feel like a nag to remind you of such things but I am tired of doing everything myself. I would rather be vocal and have you think I was a nag than keep it inside, do it myself, and dislike you every time I am scrubbing the bath.

I have left you alone in our bed so you may sleep as long as you want. I got up at 6am to feed the meowing cat. I wish I wasn't a light sleeper. I wish I was still in bed with you but I am wide awake.

ksub said:
There are two people in my life whom I wouldn't ever want to live without. Two people who know exactly how I work and what I need in different situations. You are one of them, and I thank you for that. (The other one, in case you're wondering, is my lovely cousin glitterbizkit - come to think about it, you actually deserve a post of your own...)

awwwwww :) Same for me, except one is my mother and the other one is you (single and bitter, hehe). M is a lucky guy. Tell him not to worry- I'll take care of all the gorgeous englishmen so you won't have to burden yourself with that!!!! =D I'll do it purely for your sake, of course!

dear ****,
i'd live in a card board fucking box with you and eat roaches for the rest of my life if i had to.
i'm so thankful and proud of you that you work your ass off every day to give us a home and nice things. i trust you.
i respect your hard work and faithfulness to me and our children.
but you really are too lazy and stupid for me to have sex with you so until you brush up on your game, you get NOTHING. hahahahahahahahaha! nya nya nya nya nya.
cya sugar pants.

dear *****,

you'll be here very soon, and i'm so nervous. what are your expectations? what if i set myself up to get hurt again? what if we have a great time? i want to see you, but i also want you in my arms. can both happen?

-eric

cxsx said:
dear ****,
i'd live in a card board fucking box with you and eat roaches for the rest of my life if i had to.
i'm so thankful and proud of you that you work your ass off every day to give us a home and nice things. i trust you.
i respect your hard work and faithfulness to me and our children.
but you really are too lazy and stupid for me to have sex with you so until you brush up on your game, you get NOTHING. hahahahahahahahaha! nya nya nya nya nya.
cya sugar pants.

DAYUMMMMMMMM that's harsh!! Deny her of sex?? YOU SUCK! LOL :p :D

justsomeguy said:
dear *****,

you'll be here very soon, and i'm so nervous. what are your expectations? what if i set myself up to get hurt again? what if we have a great time? i want to see you, but i also want you in my arms. can both happen?

-eric

Dear ****** what ^^^ Said.. lol

dear Mikhail, thankyou for putting a smile on my face and butterflies in my tummy :)

Right, here goes my letter, sorry its a bit unfinished and it doesnt geyt close to what I want to say, but sinse I started writting it a week or so ago, things between me and this bird have got better so, with luck things will work out after all.

Anyway heres my letter:

Dear ....,

I so hope that one day, I will be able to say what I'm writing here, to you face; that one day, you will be willing to listen and that one day you will be ready to open your heart and start experiencing what I know you are feeling too.

I have already told you that I have always had feelings for you, the first time I saw you, I was blown away, I haven’t ever felt like that about anyone before or since, at that point when we first met we were both in relationships, but time moves on and now were both single. Last Christmas and after, I should have kept a grip on my emotions and waited till the time was right but I didn’t and what I most regret is that I have hurt you and god knows that that is the last thing that you need. How you were treated in the past must have destroyed all of your trust in men, relationships, life and yourself. I knew instantly that you had broken wings; I could see it in your eyes when we met for the second time. It gutted me to know that you were hurting. I felt all this for you but still was afraid of what might develop between us both.

For the past few months I have just made this whole situation worse, in an attempt to protect you from my loss of control, I merely kept you in the dark and caused you so much more pain.

I know that it will be hard for you to trust again and I know that you are still holding a lot of anger and hurt, I guess for you the time isn’t right and I guess that I don’t want a heavy relationship at this point either, but also, I don’t want us both to waste the feelings that we are both feeling for each other. You once asked why I wanted to start a relationship so soon after mine had ended. I guess that the reason is that I never lost faith in relationships, love or women, my relationship ended because we both realised that we didn’t love each other, there were no major dramas, no hatred, no betrayal, just a realisation that in life, it isn’t worth excepting second best.

I wish that we could both start communicating, be open and honest with each other, but you don’t seem to want to let me in, but at the same time we don’t seem to want to let each other go as well. Right now the silence is killing me, I can’t take much more of these undercurrents, this tension, these unspoken thoughts and double meanings. At first it was enjoyable, like trying to ride a wave, I was surfing the top of it and trying too look good whilst doing it, but now the wave is too big, the raw power and energy that it contains is too strong for me too handle any more. I fear that I aren’t going to be able to handle it much longer and I’m going to wipe out and be destroyed in the sea of my own emotions.

J-
I wanna fuck. It makes me kind of angry that you don't want to have sex with me. Call me, though.
-Me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.