PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Heirarchy of LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guelah_Papyrus

Bluelighter
can someone please explain the heirarchy of fluff/needlepoint/amber/lavender...etc, and also explain what exactally it means? I always see these words and have never completeley understood what they really mean.does it have to do with the way its laid or something? me no comprende. thanks alot

not even gonna touch this cause i feel a flame coming on (to me, not you guelah)

but- needlepoint is the cleanest, followed by white fluff, then amber and lavendar ( i consider the two similar...eaten good and bad of both)

It probably means nothing now.

Lavender, etc, used to be names of these "families" that would produce and distribute LSD. A little LSD goes a long way, so there was a recognizable quality. I seriously doubt any of those people are still producing, and even if they are the distribution networks are going to be down.

You'd have no way of really knowing which was which.

so it is just kindof a general term to describe how clean it feels? does it have anything to do with power per hit or anything else?

Not neccesarilly. There are networks being developed, and from what I hear, the fluff is from Canada now

so does this mean that there were origionally only 4 main acid "families" creating it in the begining? im gonna guess that one would be the grateful dead family, as ive read "a long strange trip"....am i understanding this correctley? would a second supplier be the sandoz company in the begining? im probably just guessing shit outta my ass.... but is my basic understanding correct? thanks, im just real interested in learning more about its history...and i havent seen much on erowid about it.

I mean that the original networks have probably been gone for some time (the old family chemists and distro hippies).

The acid families are kind of wierd. They are not acual families obviously, but groups of people that acquired precursors, manufactured LSD, stored it, layed it onto sheets, and distributed it. A lot of this was done in cycles periodically, and in large batches. So if you knew that you had, say, acid form the silver family and you'd had it before... then you have a really good idea of the quality and potency assuming proper care.

The chemists were/are probably only known to a couple of people. A product would get produced, then handed off to others and down the line to lower tiers.. A lot of these people would follow around grateful dead tours (and phish and such).

A lot of these people regard LSD kind of like a gift from "god". Frequently, to get involved on the level of dealing with crystalline LSD (to lay blotter), one would have to take a thumbprint of the stuff.

There is a good thread on the topic by "chinacat" on the shroomery. I'll dig around for it when I get out of class if someone else doesn't post a link to it. I think it may have been posted in another thread here recently.

The Sandoz company was a source of LSD back in the day (and I guess probably still are for research), but they certainly weren't an illicit production/distro family.

Families aside, this is what this means to those of us who will be eating the acid.

All the names supposedly represent what the crystals look like.

Needlepoint.. supposedly the best, 95%+ pure.
Fluff... damn good, people say it's around from time to time but I have a feeling a lot of that is just B.S... ~90% pure.
Silver... also damn good, a big batch was released in 2003 (flies, eyes, etc), purity approaches high 80's, possibly 90%.

Now... here is where we run into confusion a lot:

amber/beige/lavender.... chances are these get confused a lot, who knows what it really is. A lot of the "beige" I had last summer was pretty shitty... but I've had "lavender" and "amber" that is incredible.

Range is 60-80% purity from what I hear.

In fact the white unperf sheets going around now I've been told are amber... but of course they are delicious clean acid so everybody likes to call them fluff.

Who knows...

I was waiting for someone else to start this topic so I didnt have to.

Thanks for the informative posts bluedolphin + fizz

^^^
LOL because I have some idea of what I'm talking about? Or because I don't mind admitting the things I'm not sure of?

I'm from the DC area. During the late 90's, I was acquainted with two different rings that were major distributors of LSD for the Northeastern United States.

I believe 'fluff' did denote something at first, but by 1999, it was a generic term for LSD on plain white blotter of varying quality. The rings I was acquainted with never applied the name to their liquid or gels. It didn't seem to have any real significance then, and I REALLY doubt it has any significance today.

Sn2 said:

hey now, no laughing at BD.

he knows his shit.

and here is the thread fizz was talking about for any of you who are interested.
I recomend everyone read this. its damn interesting.

That was not the thread I was thinking about. He mentions it, but I couldn't find it searching after a couple min. It talks more about the family stuff, and the distribution.

I'm glad you posted a link to this one though. Its a good read and I had not come across it before.

I got to agree with BD on this one. These terms (at least to many of us) refer to how "clean" the crystal is. The more one "washes" or "rinses", the purer the crystal.

As far as fluff being synonymous with plain white blotter, the majority of the time it’s a sales tactic. People with “double dip” or “triple stack” something just to increase sales.

Sorry BD, I didn’t mean any offense.

Anyway--

My Pet Parakeet tells me that he considers himself to be pretty well connected, and agrees with "Goanaut" in his assumption regarding the whereabouts of the latest synth.

However, My Parakeet has never heard these distribution terms denoting "hierarchal" position or purity in *his* circle. He finds this odd, as he does think of himself as somewhat in-the-know. He wonders if perhaps these are merely generic trade names.

But who knows, he's only a bird. ;)

Sn2 said:
My Pet Parakeet tells me that he considers himself to be pretty well connected, and agrees with "Goanaut" in his assumption regarding the whereabouts of the latest synth.

I concur.

Well I've heard different things from different people. I don't really want to point out any locations but I know there's a good reason why it's easy to get L in some places and hard in others.

The plain white unperfed blotter I had lately sure as hell felt like white fluff but I was told otherwise by some people that seemed to know more than myself and also happened to have a good amount of the white blotter.

Also the purple (and other colors) perforated sheets were coming from my friends up north but that was certainly not white fluff although it was some quality stuff.

Anyway the truth is I'm not sure but then again in my original post I never tried to say what this stuff is going around right now or where I thought certain batches were coming from. I just posted the differences in purity and I'm pretty sure that's correct. The point I was trying to make was that by the time any of this stuff gets down to me, dealers/hippies don't usually know exactly what they're selling and half the time they'll just make up something and say that's what it is.

You know, if its good they'll say its fluff and if it's not so good they'll say beige/amber/lavender or whatevers clever.

Goanaut said:
Not neccesarilly. There are networks being developed, and from what I hear, the fluff is from Canada now

By that don't you mean GUATEMALA? all the best LSD comes from GUATEMALA. I don't mean to alert the feds that all the good LSD comes from GUATEMALA, but I just really felt the need to point out your typo.

I dont believe a country is exactly a reference...... but i might have gotten my northern and southern neighbors mixed up

Status
Not open for further replies.