• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

GBL/GHB, dosage, duration, withdrawals

buddhabar said:
Although I do have a friend that started his day with a 10ml shot of 99,7% pure GBL. And then refills with 3-5 ml every hour or so. He did this for about a year 24/7. He sufferd MAYOR withdrawels, had him hospitalized for about 4-5 days. Mostly he got Xanor, and after those 4-5 days he never had any problems staying of G.
Bloody hell! I've heard people on Bluelight using 10~15ml a day or having occasional heavy weekends of 40ml+ but that is insane! I've got access to that kind of GBL, and have recently indulged in it a fair bit now my summer holidays have begun, but nowhere near that level of usage! How long did it take him to work up to that tolerance? People on here speak of still using only 3ml dosages every few hours after 2 or 3 months of constant used. To be able to be concious after a 10ml single dose must have taken a hell of a long time and massive abuse.

Makes my skin crawl just thinking about that dose, and not in a good way 8(

^ Those were my thoughts exactly!

10ml as a jumpstart? Bligh me...
If I take a 3ml I fall over... and I've been using it for 2 years now.

Well yes he had severe depressions before starting the GBL and GHB.
So he used pretty heavy doses of Xanor.
It seems that the Xanor made his tolerance way higher to GBL.
Strange thing was that he got tremors and suicidal tendencies if he took to low dosage in the morning. He tried to taper down to 6-8 ml in the morning.
I once trained at the gym with him, while he tried tapering down.
He had started the day with "just" 5 ml. During legpresses and armcurls he shook like alzheimers or something. It was awfull to see.
I am not trying to brag or something, this character is a really sad example of tolerance. He always did more of everything, tweeked harder, drunk more, popped more pills and roids. Sad thing is that he never got the results he wanted from it. Never became the BIG Bodybuilder, never became the fun a relaxed dude at the party never got tweeked to a point of intressting conversations...He was just a sad dude...
Strange thing how a man can get so addicted to things that doesn´t give him that much...Maybe it opened up a small small door of fresh breath for a few moments per day, or maybe he felt he could sit back and be a passenger in his own life without having bad concious for not taking controll of the steeringwheel...Fact is, I have seen what he did with my own eyes. I tried to stop, inform even force him to understand.
The sad mofo thanked me by o.d and brought the eyes of the lawinforcement on both of us...

Arturus Rex --

I think you haev the right approach here. Just be sure to maintain the TIME between doses, and decrease the AMOUNT each time you dose.

If you are already at six hours between doses, you have it licked right now. Just use 1/2 ml less each day. So if your dose is 2mls each time today, tomorrow use 1.5mls for each dose, maintaining the six hour break between.

Your heartrate will fluctuate from time to time, but this in itself can lead to anxiety, which also increases your heartrate, so remember that the vicious circle mental effect can come into play if you are not careful.

You are not in any physical danger with this amount even if you just quit cold, so just bear that in mind and you're fine.

It will take about two weeks to return to complete normalcy, but the acute anxiety will disappear after jsut a couple of days. You're pretty much in the clear right now.

Thanks Synchro, that certainly is a big help!

Today was very hard, had a lot of trouble sleeping also because it is exteremely hot this time of year. I'm sweating like a pig.

And yes, the acute anxiety is a bastard. I have some valerian drops but they don't help much. Don't want to switch to any other stuff though...

I will need a lot of strength to pull this off, but I must go through it now.

Is the anxiety in any way endangering? I mean, sometimes it feels as if my heart is about to explode. And when that happens, it sure is difficult to get your mind off it...

Last edited:
Dunno if this will help you arturus_rex, but consider changing enviroment.
Sleep over at friend or something. That helps me, it seems that my usage is strongly connected to some rituals surrounding my home.
When I am travelling or is with my friends I get distracted by the experience and don´t get any anxiety, also it feels good to have friends near when you feel "low".
Just my .02$
Keep the good work up, and remember you are sooooo clooooosssee to wining this. Soon it will only be a memory nothing more.

I appreciate that very much BB. Right now it is still hard but already a lot better than two days ago.

I just bought some OTC nervousness depressants and they help really well. Right now I'm 55 minutes into hour 5 of the second 6 hour of the day.

Although I would say: I will never do this again! you never know what might happen. At least I will stick to Synchro's regime, that's the clever way to go about it.
And if I ever foul up again, I will have to check myself into a rehab or something like that.

Just hang in there -- it will be over before you know it. Keep your internal dialogue positive. As for the danger of the anxiety; keeping in mind that I am not a doctor, I think you are just fine. I had some seizures in a benzo withdrawal once and while I cannot sya it was safe, I did survive. And that is a different animal altogether. One thing that can help tremendously is DXM in low doses, like 150 mg. Be sure you have the reducing enzyme though before trying this.

Like I have repeated again and again, taking two entire days off every week will completely prevent withdrawals altogether. If you have withdrawals from just five days of use, then simply take three days off each week. From there it is nearly physiologically impossible to develop a tolerance that would have any significance.

Ok, just a quick update...

Last night I took my reduced dose of 1.5ml just before 6 pm, a little over the 6hr mark. It felt like I could have held out longer if necessary, but I wanted my nightdose not to be too late.

During the evening I felt fine and at about 11 I actually felt myself drift off to sleep. I decided to go with the flow and not specifically get up to redose.
It was -as you can imagine- a bit of a restless, tossing & turning night, but that might also have something to do with the heat. And yes, sweating like there's no tomorrow.

Long story short, I am now close to 22 hrs without a redose. I feel a bit under the weather (slight temp rise, low energy), but that has probably something to do with a throat infection that I've been battling for the past two weeks.
Other than that, the acute anxiety is gone. Yay!! :) There is every now and then a slight increase in heartrate where it goes to about 90-95, but most of the time it sits in the normal 60-75 range.

Thanks for your kind words and encouragements, it would have been a lot more difficult without you guys!

I know I'm not completely there yet, but at least I am not counting the hours until I can take another dose again :D

One of the most random G tips:

Recently, I've been depending on G and alcohol to get to sleep. I would literally not sleep a wink til I dosed (and then I would need another dose when I woke up).

I confided in a friend about my problem and said that he had a similar one. His problem was that he could not sleep without his desk fan running! My guess is that it works in the same way repetitive, plain chants/noises/lights can help induce states of trance/meditation/hypnosis.

And guess what, I managed to get 8 hours sleep (although I woke up about 4/5 times, I don't think I'll ever stop that though)!

I found I had to concentrate on the fan noise. Wonderful!

(on another note, I think I might have to invest in one of those things you use to keep tempo on the piano. What are they called?)

Hey Synchro,

A couple of questions...

1. How long do you recon it normally takes before appetite for food returns? When I'm on it, I can't stop eating, but in the tapering down I had to force just a few bites.
I remember from last time I quit, it came back in a few days. Do you have similar experiences?

2. If I dose two nights only next week, would that be too early?

3. It was suggested in another forum (not on BL) that there is a diff. in WD between GHB and GBL. It was replied that they are chemically the same compound in the body, but that was torpedoed with a statement that heroin and methadon are the same compund too, but that they still have a different effect. Or something like that.
What are your thoughts on this?

I remember the first time I came off, I finished the last week with some GHB and had no WD whatsoever. Granted, I did not use it 24/7 every 2/3 hrs either...

Yo people I am prescribed GHB (Xyrem) I have like 5 bottles here i hardly ever use it cause it sucks. It makes me sick and does not provide a good high at all. Even at low doses. Dont know why people like the high from GHB. I think benzos are more fun.

In the meantime i dont know wtf to do with all this xyrem. cant sell it or give it away. i guess i gotta dump it =(

Re: ..

tcluna said:
Yo people I am prescribed GHB (Xyrem) I have like 5 bottles here i hardly ever use it cause it sucks. It makes me sick and does not provide a good high at all. Even at low doses. Dont know why people like the high from GHB. I think benzos are more fun.

In the meantime i dont know wtf to do with all this xyrem. cant sell it or give it away. i guess i gotta dump it =(

In the US, Xyrem has only been approved for use for narcoleptics with cataplexy. If you suffered from such a disease, I don't think you'd be chucking your medicine away.

It was suggested in another forum (not on BL) that there is a diff. in WD between GHB and GBL. It was replied that they are chemically the same compound in the body, but that was torpedoed with a statement that heroin and methadon are the same compund too, but that they still have a different effect. Or something like that.

GBL becomes GHB within 5 minues of it entering the blood plasma, so the w/d is going to be the same, because it's w/d from the same compound. Heroin and methadone are not the same, one is not metabolized into the other and in fact they dont even belong to the same chemical family. All they have in common is that they are mu agonist opiates (heroin is metabolized to morphine, not methadone. I know they both start with an M, but to use that as a basis for discounting the arguement about GBL/GHB would be funny if it wasn't so serious).

Whoever said heroin and methadone are the same compound is so full of shit it's coming out of their mouth

your right i dont have narcolepsy i do have a sleep disorder tho and it was prescribed off label by my physician.

i dont like it so i dont use it but they keep sending it to me every month ...

Xyrem is darn expensive, you should stop that if you're not using it.

EpicureanDream said:
(on another note, I think I might have to invest in one of those things you use to keep tempo on the piano. What are they called?)
A metranome.

Hi F&B,

I completely agree with what you said.

Here is a bit from the other forum, it seems I misread when I quoted it here (I did say "or something like that" :) )

>> > Also GBL will give you worse withdrawals than GHB.
>>
>> Is that a fact?
>> GBL synthesises completely to GHB in the body in a matter of 15 to 30
> minutes. So why would the withdrawals be worse? It is the same chemical
>> compound...
>>
>Heroin and Morphin are the same Substance too in the Body which have
>(morphin)a littledifferent effect. It only takes Seconds to convert the H
>to Morphin so it's the Same drug which works in the body, but with a little
>different effect because of the better transport of H (morphine at least) >to the Receptors.

What are your thoughts on this?

The reason I ask is because the first time I quit G, I finished it the last week with GHB that I still had from when it was a legal supplement. And I did not exp. any WD whatsoever. But perhaps I wasn't on a full 24/7 2-3 hr schedule anyway...

Ah well, I've done 40 hrs and 2 nights without it now and I feel fine. The anx has gone, just need to get my energy back.

>> GBL synthesises completely to GHB in the body in a matter of 15 to 30
> minutes. So why would the withdrawals be worse? It is the same chemical
>> compound...

I'd read that GBL had a half life of 3-5 minutes due to rapid hydrolysis by plasma pseudoesterase, so really for effectively total conversion, you're talking 9-15 mins (15-25 mins fopr 5 half lives, which is 98% metabolized 9-15 represents ~90 percent)

>Heroin and Morphin are the same Substance too in the Body which have
>(morphin)a littledifferent effect. It only takes Seconds to convert the H
>to Morphin so it's the Same drug which works in the body, but with a little
>different effect because of the better transport of H (morphine at least) >to the Receptors.

Heroin is better at crossing the blood brain barrier than morphine because one of the main polar sites (the phenolic 3-hydroxy group) is depolarized because of the esterification with acetic acid (heroin being 3,6-diacetylmorphine). Once across the blood brain barrier, it is hydrolysed to 6-acetylmorphine, which has a higher affinity for the mu receptor, but not that much. They both end up as the same major metabolite though - morphibe-6-glucuronate.