• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DPT Subthread] Smoking DPT

How much NaOH did you put in it? An equimolar amount of NaOH for 1g of DPT should be around 1/6th of a gram, which gives you an abundance of DPT by 1-2% and a margin of error for your scale.

Yea... I just redid my molar mass calcs and I used 64% more Lye than I should have. Correct ratio would have been ~142mg NaOH and I used just over 200mg (I thought I'd err on the "basier" side?) Might explain the froth and the stink...
So did your batch stink like lye? How un-safe would you expect this stuff to be if smoked? I'm still sittin on the vinegar idea, but i'm worried the DPT might be soluable in it.

And for the BL Archives - a nice HTML-based Molecular Weight Calculator
Very handy for this kinda stuff...

Last edited:
My batch didn't stink, but it was still wet and I think I was careless with the weighing, so it likely had a little NaOH left in the water. I smoked it while it was wet, and that actually led to a bad trip - I thought I was dying from inhaling the NaOH as I was coming up on it.

It was harmless though. I'm not sure the best way to clean NaOH out of it now, hopefully someone else will respond with the answer.

hugo24 said:
The mp of the fb is 48-50° if I remember that correctly.A vendor had actually a crystalline fb batch of dpt,its easy to work with it that way as the crystals are good to handle though they are a bit waxy.If its an oil,well,you lose a bit material when weighing out etc.,but its possible to work with (weigh it directly into the pipe etc.) as it is rather viskous.

I managed to get some of it. Beautiful DPT freebase crystals...actually they are more like lumps of crystallie (sp?) wax. Similar to pure DMT freebase. I've still never tried it, but when the time comes, I will be sure to report.

PS...these DPT crystals do 'melt in the hand.' Best way to work with it, is to chill a lump before weighing out out. As for working with DPT oil...couldn't you freeze a bit and weight it out that way?

Last edited:
I just don't want to be coughing up blood or whatever after a few days of experimenting...

Now the more I read on vinegar, the less promising it looks. I found a dmt.lycaeum.org thread talking about using acetic acid (vinegar) to convert DMT freebase into DMT Acetate. If DPT base is just as soluble in aqueous acids as its Methyl sister, I expect once the vinegar evaporated off i'd have turned my base back into a salt... death and destruction would soon follow...

Thanks for the response Coolio. I'll risk the stinky vapors as you did, but not until I give some other time zones a chance to advise.

The lye is very water-soluble, and the DPT base is not as far as I can discern, so the froth should only have had as much as the total volume of water divided by 200mg times the amount of water in the froth. A milligram or two at most? The boiling point is 1300+ degrees like you said, and DPT's is <100, so while you might end up inhaling a few nanograms or micrograms of NaOH, it should go unnoticed.

If you can calculate the molecular mass properly, and you have a known 60mg or so of unreacted NaOH, the correct molar mass of acetic acid should form sodium acetate and DPT freebase along with NaCl left over from the initial NaOH + DPT HCl reaction. You'd have to chop the frothy remains up good and mix it into the acetic acid to make sure the various compounds had a chance to reach an equilibrium. The acetic acid and NaOH are far more attracted to each other than the DPT and acetic acid. Let it settle and maybe freeze it, pull the DPT out, and what you have now should be as close to pure DPT as you'll get. I don't know enough about the properties of DPT to know if it's possible to cleanly get all the DPT base out of the water solution, but it seems to make sense to me.

Well I tried to freebase a bit of the oil but it tasted way too much like lye. I got a tryptamine buzz but theres no way I could go any farther sensing as much of that NaOH. I added about 30ml of 5% acetic acid to the evap dish containing the remaining base oil but this proved to be too much as the oil dissolved completely. I've drained this new
super ultra neat-o </sarc>
solution into a babyfood jar until I learn a bit more about wtf I'm doing :X

We used the crack method once(baking soda) it was somewhat effective. Still nothing like snorting it though. But that drip is the worst drip I've ever had, followed by one of the most intense trips I've ever had.

I'd do it again, but I'd hesitate when smelling that stuff again.

what about VAPORIZING DPT HCl?

has anyone tried that?^^^

i just got an arizer extreme. it has a bag to collect vapor so nothing would be wasted and i imagine the vapor from the HCl would be less harsh than the smoke.

any information is greatly appreciated.

has anyone tried that?^^^

i just got an arizer extreme. it has a bag to collect vapor so nothing would be wasted and i imagine the vapor from the HCl would be less harsh than the smoke.

any information is greatly appreciated.

Bump for this.

I have not tried to vaporize it (no vape) but I just wanted to clarify that smoking the HCL does work perfectly fine, just a bit ugh tasting. I mean just block taste out and hit a bit. I did around 20 mg with one hit in a metal bowl and it worked fine, was a moderate trip, could have been a bit stronger, will up to like 30 mg.

And to those who are also curious as to nausea. Strangely smoking tryptamines does seem to give a bit of nausea. Orally I can take them but smoking seems to give me nausea. Just a forewarning.

Just got done watching the wall. So sad how little we understand about humanity and how little anyone can do to change it.

Can someone please help me with an easy easy way to freebase dpt? I have attempted using a baking soda tek with 40mg and 10mg baking soda, I first put the dpt on a spoon with a little bit of water, then moved it around with a toothpick, then I placed the baking soda in, the result was almost a foamy off white liquid. I used a lighter lightly to evaporate the water until left with none. The end result was a clear amberish oil stuck to the spoon. It is a huge pain to get it off and into the base pipe successfully. I am sure I am doing something wrong, so I ask if someone may help me with this step by step, and give any tips or easier more efficient teks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

it sounds like your base technique is decent. perhaps try performing the reaction inside the base pipe so you do not need to transfer the oil?

or chill your reaction vessel (spoon) in the freezer until the DPT oil becomes hard and waxy, then it should be a little easier to handle.

^^ that is a very good idea, i don;t know why i had that of thought of that sooner Xo i will try both of those next time i make an attempt to do so, thanks man=D

recently tried the above method, of baking soda tek in the base pipe. ~50mg DPT HCl loaded into it, along with a couple drops of water and then the ~15mg baking soda. It became pasty and fizzy. Smoked it on the ending side of a 2C-E peak, took me to hyperspace, heavy visuals, numb, tingling lips. Kicked back and listening to music- mulitple eargasms. damn it feels good to be a bluelighter

I have 500 mg DPT HCl and I'm interested in making at least 200 mg freebase oil of it. I really don't want to waste anything, or at least I want to make sure I waste as little as possible when freebasing it. I'm thinking about doing it with "the baking soda way".

How would you compare the effects of smoking DPT to smoking DMT and 5-MeO-DMT?

it sounds like your base technique is decent. perhaps try performing the reaction inside the base pipe so you do not need to transfer the oil?

or chill your reaction vessel (spoon) in the freezer until the DPT oil becomes hard and waxy, then it should be a little easier to handle.

yeah usually when you make crack cocaine its nice to cool it down really fast after heating the mixture with a piece of ice then letting the water evaporate afterwards.

Can i use baking soda for freebasing ?

EDIT:i've just read te tek above.

Last edited:
Smoking DPT

I'm planning on smoking DPT, its the first time I do DPT and I would like to know the duration if smoked and the dose I should try at first.

Thank you

Duration is an hour, and idk maybe start with 20mg, I've never done it but mine should be arriving today!
As well make sure you have DPT freebase, with the hcl you could vaporize it but it would be much more difficult and you'd likely waste a lot of product.
If you have the hcl you can snort it, or convert to the freebase form, although I'm not sure on the procedure for doing so