• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DPT Subthread] Smoking DPT

I have the HCl but I dont really mind of wasting some of the product, I want the first experience to be short lasting.

Thanks for the info

EDIT: I have anxiety so I want it to be short in case I dont like it and bad trip because of anxiety, I also take a beer before to reduce anxiety, I would prefer Benzodiazepine but I dont have any.

Last edited:
IIRC the freebase isn't soluble in water so you can dissolve the hcl in water, and add sodium hydroxide, stir it/shake it then it should form a precipitate, carefully pour off the water, then if you want to get it all you can dissolve the precipitate in solvent as well as the test tube to get any remainders stuck to the sides, and then evap it
Not sure what solvent is best, but I've heard that the last step isn't even necessary

I would probably lose my product by doing this lol, I never done anything like that.

You technically can't lose any product since the product is either present as a hcl dissolved in the water or as freebase dissolved in the solvent. Add to much or too little of sodium hydroxide you can always reverse it.
However I am curious about the effectiveness of smoking the hcl form

I weighed out a dose of DPT, put it into a shot glass, pour a ml of ever clear or 99% alcohol into the glass, it will dissolve. then I put a hit or 3 worth of cannabis or parsley into the shot glass.. in a bout an hr or two it should have absorbed and dry for you to smoke..
Place it into your pipe and your good to go...

Last edited:
Easy freebase conversion methods from this thread:

The best way I've found to make the freebase is to pour the hcl salt straight into a cold mixture of ammonia and water. The freebase will float to the top/stick to the sides of the container. Skim the floaties off and pour out the ammonia water. You can put the dpt on a metal sheet and dry it in a warm over (even liquid base will stick to metal)
Make sure you use non-sudsy ammonia. If you're in a hurry I'd think you could just use those little metal measuring cups for mixing, skim with a fork or, better, metal tea straining mesh, evaporate the ammonia from the freebase DPT in an oven on low right in a little prefab aluminum foil bowl in case the freebase gets oily/drippy, and then just vaporize it straight out of there. Using a shot glass I'd think it'd be easy to do this quickly dose by weighed out HCl dose, with no need to convert any more than that at a time.

A cruder method:
Simply cut in 1 part soda for every 3 parts DPT, put into a metal measuring cup and add a few drops of water and mix with the head of a pin. Pass the cup over a flame a few times (I use a gas stove) and stir again. Repeat six or ten times.

If you want to, you can simply rub this goop on some herbs, and smoke. If you would rather get rid of some of the salt you can wash it: Simply add a few drops of water again and stir, pour off the water. The DPT will not dissolve but will float around in globs.

Last edited:
I'd just like to back up this notion that you can smoke DPT HCL. It seems to be adequately potent, and very easy to do. I've not tried smoking the freebase to compare, but less than 15mg definitely was effective to +1-1.5 for me.

I measured out 15mg of DPT HCL, poured it on top of a tiny half-smoked bowl of MJ, and carefully held the flame up to it while toking. I made sure to never let the flame really "roast" the DPT, just enough to get it to lick the powder for a moment with the idea of trying to vaporize it. I had to put it down before I was finished smoking it all, because within a few minutes I could feel a definite acceleration into the tryptamine space, and wanted to be cautious and keep my head together for music writing.

It felt a little bit rough on the lungs afterword, not sure if it's auto-suggestion knowing that the HCL is corrosive. Would like to try the freebase to compare.

I feel like I've found the perfect psychedelic for this time in my life: short acting, fast come on, easy to control the dose, works well at small dosages for that mild mind-opening. Perfect for a quick evening session of trippy music writing.

Summary: smoking <15mg of DPT HCL brought me to +1-1.5 within a few minutes, and I was able to sleep (a bit restlessly) about 2 hours later. Might be hard on the lungs, not sure yet.

Edit: Having now compared smoking the HCL to the freebase, I can say that I definitely prefer the freebase because it is much gentler on the lungs, and I would recommend this method. Both trials smoking the HCL left my lungs feeling damaged into the next day, whereas the freebase felt fine the next day. It makes sense because HCL is corrosive. Potency seems unaffected by freebasing it IMO. I used a simple baking soda tek to freebase.

Last edited:
PS: what are some good smoking substrates/herbs for DPT HCL? Preferably a non-psychoactive and gentle smoke.

PS: what are some good smoking substrates/herbs for DPT HCL? Preferably a non-psychoactive and gentle smoke.

Ashes are my favourite for smoking DMT, unsure about DPT
They produce no smoke themselves and therefore don't add any unnecessary harshness.

Good tip Holy Toast!
I feel a bit silly asking this but what kind of ashes do you use? Weed ashes? I suppose it wouldn't really matter...

No it doesn't really matter if the ashes are actually entirely spent. When you smoke weed in a bong and burn a nugger it might not be completely gone and hitting it again could finish up some of the burning. So take that into account when you add ashes since they can add to the harshness and to the compounds you ingest. Don't worry about it though and use ashes of whatever you may smoke (tobacco, weed, a mix of them, herbs, etc) and blast it with a lighter again first before applying the tryptamine base.

I imagine chore boy / metal mesh products would also work quite well with DPT base since like DMT base it can melt onto the surface of it and vape evenly without too much burning. Chore boy to achieve that and ashes to prevent too much seepage, together they should do the trick.
DPT HCl probably doesn't melt at low temperatures to make the chore boy application feasable. Chore boy metal meshing needs a lot of heat blasting to get rid of the oils on it during manufacture, so heat it until there is no more smoke development, then it gets slightly brittle and you can fashion it into your smoking device.

Good tip Holy Toast!
I feel a bit silly asking this but what kind of ashes do you use? Weed ashes? I suppose it wouldn't really matter...
Yea it doesn't matter, the point of the ashes or the plant matter if you choose to use it is to absorb the DPT when it melts, otherwise it could melt and fall into the pipe and be lost

Well take a very small amount and attempt to dissolve it in a small portion of water.
If it readily dissolves it is a hydrochloride salt, and if it doesn't dissolve it is a freebase.

After some more experience smoking both the HCL and the freebase, I really recommend smoking the freebase over the HCL. Although the HCL is equally potent (IMO), it's very easy to do a basic conversion to freebase, and it's so much easier on your lungs. On all 3 trials smoking the HCL left my lungs feeling painful and damaged the next day, not a good sign. After 2 trials with the freebase, I can say it is comparatively easy on the lungs. The freebase doesn't feel great on the lungs, but it certainly feels better.

The freebase method I used was as follows, not sure i this is optimal but it's what I did: In a spoon, dissolve 4 parts (by weight) DPT in a tiny amount of water, about 1 drop per 4mg DPT, using some gentle heat from a lighter to dissolve it. Once it's fully dissolved, add 1 part (by weight) of baking soda, and stir it in. You can see it react, and when it's done you're left with the waxy, moist freebase. I used a pin to drag the freebase out of any leftover water. Usually left it out to dry for a bit. Once I left it to dry for about 48 hours, and it looked a bit browned like it had oxidized a bit, but potency didn't seem diminished.

For me, smoked DPT hits within seconds, peaks about 10 mins in, with a smooth ride down over the next ~2h.

Not sure I'll smoke this stuff much though, it feels so druggy. I'm not used to rocketing into tryppy space so fast. Something about that experience sets off alarm bells in my head saying "this is risky, this is dangerous, you shouldn't do this to your brain". This could simply be a manifestation of the typical fear response induced by DPT, but I think I'll listen to this intuition, and stick to insufflation.

Something I've noticed when vaping DPT HCl is after vaping enough to melt all the powder, it solidifies into a thick, shiny amber colored oil.

Could heat possibly do anything to leave behind freebase, or is this just what non-crystallized DPT HCl looks like? I'd hate to think I've been inhaling raw HCl fumes.

I'm still learning about DPT, but I have some in my stash for when I'm ready, but that fear response sounds like all my DMT trips, all being sub-breakthrough and very confusing. Perpetual, have you made it to the other side? And what's your typical starting weight and your resulting yield?

I'm interested in smoking this compound and was just going to smoke the HCl. What I was planning on doing is rolling a joint with 50 mgs of DPT HCl sprinkled evenly throughout it, and then pack some extra weed into the end, just so the lighter doesn't burn any of the DPT. I've heard the effects are almost immediately noticeable, so I was planning on just smoking till I feel like I'm where I want to be and then just ashing the joint. Is there any reason that this won't work or is a less-than-ideal plan?

^ i dont know if this works, because in my limited experience with DMT joints, it seemed the person that got the first toke had a great time, which led me to wonder if the heat being sucked through the whole joint vaporises most of the trypamine at once....because i rolled the joint, prepared the mix, i know it wasnt unevenly constructed, so i'm not sure.

It must be said that my tryptamine use/tolerance was fucking outrageous around that time, so that may have contribued significantly!
I have known people to smoke dmt joints (to be shared with a group of people) and it seems to work just fine.
Assuming that dpt has a similar vaporisation point to DMT, this roa should be feasable.
The dmt reefer thing didnt work for me the first time, so i decided it wasnt worth (potentially) wasting more material in further testing.
If it does work, it sounds prettty good! Can any dpt reefer tokers enlighten us here?

Which for some reason reminds me - I once smelt the unmistakable scent of dmt (presumably) being smoked at Nick Cave concert; i would assume, in a joint.
Doesn't seem like the greatest drug/muic combo (and a love them both) - whatwhatever blows your hair back, i suppose.

^ i dont know if this works, because in my limited experience with DMT joints, it seemed the person that got the first toke had a great time, which led me to wonder if the heat being sucked through the whole joint vaporises most of the trypamine at once....because i rolled the joint, prepared the mix, i know it wasnt unevenly constructed, so i'm not sure.

The DMT is indeed vaporized but since it recrystallizes so quickly, it stays behind in the joint and it actually makes the effects stronger the further you smoke it: the last tokes from a DMT joint (in my case changa sprinkled on top of tobacco and weed) are a real blast. At least that's been my experience.
If DPT shares properties like melting point etc with DMT I'm guessing it works the same for that substance.