• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics & Telepathy

I think telepathy exists...ESPECIALLY when tripping! My best friend and I already have a pretty strong bond, but our experience was crazy. We were both in the room together, with our eyes closed, both majorly tripping out. After my "visions" and journey, I just knew that she was with me the whole time, seeing and hearing all the same things that I did. We didn't need to share what we experienced, but simply knew that we were having the same experience. Later, we matched up ideas from the trip and they were one and the same.

Anyways, I think telepathy may be an over-exaggerated concept, but I do think that it exist. I think telepathy has something to do with natural human instinct and is not just some unexplained, supernatural phenomena. When you spend enough time with somebody, it seems like you guys become telepathically linked...but it could simply be that you've developed instincts about your friend. Maybe your mind remembers and stores all these little things about your friend in the subconscious...knowledge that you're not aware you have. It seems because we can't explain where our instincts come from, we naturally classify it within the supernatural realm...but our lack of understanding of it does not mean that we should underestimate and distrust our own instincts (or somewhat of a sixth sense). Humans are the only animals on this planet that second-guess their instincts. I'm sure there's a lot more to telepathy than instincts and the subconscious, but I'm pretty convinced that these are definitely some of its factors.

Just because the relatively blunt tools of science cannot detect a route by which thoughts are shared, it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Think outside the box. We shouldn't limit our possibilities to the limits of our instruments.

and there is no evidence that any particular thought can be inserted directly into anyone's mind by means of RF radiation. Certainly magnetic fields et al can influence brain function,

That's because we have very little knowledge of the specifics of which areas of the brain are involved in a specific thought. Magnetics fields are just one aspect of the electromagnetic wave taken in isolation, and if feelings of anxiety can be induced in people using transcranial magnetic stimulation, then that proves that e-m radiation is capable of producing the same effects.

As for the brains of identical twins, they are going to be similar enough in structure for the possibility of e-m waves generated in one brain to influence the other. Have a look in a book about RF propagation and reception to see how cavity resonators work and I think you'll see that what I was saying has some validity.

theghostofbillhicks said:
Just because the relatively blunt tools of science cannot detect a route by which thoughts are shared, it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Think outside the box. We shouldn't limit our possibilities to the limits of our instruments.

Oh, I agree that the possibilities we imagine shouldn't be limited by our instruments. But they still remain possibilities, and not demonstrable phenomena, until our instruments can detect them.

And science may be blunt, but it's the sharpest tool in the box...

fastandbulbous said:
As for the brains of identical twins, they are going to be similar enough in structure for the possibility of e-m waves generated in one brain to influence the other. Have a look in a book about RF propagation and reception to see how cavity resonators work and I think you'll see that what I was saying has some validity.

Not exactly the most reliable-looking site, but it was the best I could do at 2 AM (I NEED TO GO HOME!):
http://www.totse.com/en/conspiracy/mind_control/mind5.html
It's about Persinger's stuff.

Relevant snippet:
A function generator was used to drive the solenoids with sine wave current at either 1 HZ or 4 HZ.
Magnetic field intensity was about 15 GAUSS at the skull surface.
Field strength measured at the temporal cortex was 2 GAUSS.
Maximum field strength as measured at the level of the frontal lobes was 200 MGAUSS (a 10 factor decrease).
At the level of the hippocampus, field strength was 500 MGAUSS.

From another site, about EEGs: (boy, it's hard to find these sites -- the net is swamped with mind-control freaks who think people are trying to control their thoughts!)
Amplitude: Voltage of EEG waves. Generally expressed in microvolts measured peak-to-peak. Usually from 10 to 200 microvolts in EEG.

Now, I don't really understand the math here (or indeed anything about the subject, really), so please mock me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how a varying voltage of up to 200 microvolts (taken directly off the scalp) is going to generate a 15-gauss magnetic field at someone else's skull. 15 gauss is 30 times the magnetic field of the earth -- but my brain waves certainly don't produce any perceptible compass deflection. Maybe we need someone with more neurons. There may well be some basic physics I don't know.

If I am totally off-base, could you recommend a good book on RF propagation/reception/cavity resonators that you think a reasonably intelligent person with little aptitude for math might be able to understand? I'd like to know what this is all about. "I Want To Believe". :)

In my mind, there are no limits to the human experience, only limits you place and shackle yourself to. We are living emotional beings, electronic pulses run through us and we inhabit a place that is built upon grinds and lines of energy fields, and only our "physical" bodies are our limitations. Why would someone even suggest that a concept of "telepathy" is too far fetched to believe? We are all on the same plane but i suppose at different wavelengths as Ken Wilber suggests and proves through scientific methods of reasoning and a coalesce of western and eastern beliefs in his book The Spectrum of Conciousness. Ill throw this one at you, energy is not created nor destroyed, so i would suppose that the concepts and ideas that one can guess to explain the unexplainible wouldnt even be applicable. Why have an answer to everything and anything that just "happens", its one more step in our "spiritual" developement. If energy can become matter and matter uses energy, what happens when someone dies? We dont know, but through every culture and every philosopher they describe the energy within another human/animal with something called a spirit, the internal fire. That flame doesnt burn out when one dies, it continues within the grid of energy. So i would suppose that while one is in some sort of intense experience anything and anyone around it that maybe within the same "wavelength" or "understand/sympathy" could experience the same, in a scientific way, the transfer of energy/information through the all expansive grid of energy.

Lenk's RF Handbook (it's the one I use most to refer to when building circuits)

Also this site if your interested in cavity resonators

here

stropharia said:
Coincidence. Suggestibility. Communication between the rooms. Pre-trip communication. Post-trip communication. Impaired memory of the actual events.

Hint: there ain't no such thing as telepathy.

no offense, you have ALOT to learn. I hope you find the way and see pass your false preconception of telepathy. Coincedence is one thing, and telepathy is another.

both are true.

fastandbulbous said:
Non-verbal communication, that's all - very important to social animals, especially primates with complex social interactions.

That said, I think that there is a feasable explanation of cases of 'telepathy' between twins. Similar brain structure (from same genetic blueprint in identical twins) equates to resonant cavity oscillators in RF electronics, and they have an extremely high Q factor (ability to tune into, and amplify, very specific frequencies). So if you have electical activity, producing e-m radiation in a structure, an identical structure is going to be very sensitive to receiving those e-m waves. Identical twins are the most probable example of any telepathy between humans

Unfortunately, the EM model of psi has been thoroughly debunked, even by psi researchers. For example, temporal and spatial independence (in particular, the case of what is referred to as "retropsychokinesis"), and especially electromagnetic (and thermal, physical, and other) shielding, has demonstrated that the EM model is most likely flawed (which unfortunate for Upton Sinclair, among others).

On the other hand, Penrose and Hameroff (not to mention Radin and colleagues) have put forth a feasible model utilizing quantum entanglement. Penrose and Hameroff stipulate that microtubules in the brain exhibit quantum coherence, although this is far from proven (or in many opinions, even likely).

Of course, putting theory before experimentation is rather dangerous. Depending on who you ask, the evidence may or may not already be clearly laid out.

post drug suggestibility?- my wife and i have "shared" many unreal or separately experienced experiences. usually talking afterwards....i felt/saw/did this/that/whatever....me too!!
often we influence each other to experience the same hallucinations when together which is funny but it gets hard to work out whats real and whats not at times

Unfortunately, the EM model of psi has been thoroughly debunked... in particular, the case of what is referred to as "retropsychokinesis"

I wasn't talking about actually moving things (which is what the 'kinesis' refers to), as that requires the production of energy leves that are, IMO, way beyond what the human brain can generate and externally direct. I keep going on about cavity resonators as they are capable of detecting field strengths in the microvolt/nanovolt per metre range and turning it into a recoverable signal (due to the Q factor of tuned circuits, which passively amplifies the signal. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but you'd need to look in an RF textbook to see what I mean); and as any radio ham will tell you, shielding from EM field to below that level is incredibly difficult

schizophrenia?....or the begginings of a long and confusing love affair.

I dont understand why everyone is refering to everything in the sense of the physical, our bodies manifest a huge amount of energy and electromagnetic fields yes fields. I dont believe in the idea of relaying information/emotion/sensation perse physical should be evaluated. The body is the tool for the mind, because in our evolution, in our whatever, being an "object" was pertinant. I think humans think too much about being in a body, being "seperate". Many steriotypical ideas of monks i that their physical body is floating in the air when they are in meditation, in the laws of physics it states that the body without other variables combined shouldnt/doesnt float because of gravity and other concepts... I think being is a different state than "is/are".

One word- mda

consider that most humans only use ~5% of their brain. also consider that many drugs have actions on the brain that are not fully understood. i know the real answer. im not telling :)

DexterMeth said:
schizophrenia?....or the begginings of a long and confusing love affair.

Im just messing around. This thread is actually quite interesting.

lol what a load of crap. Telepathy (your word for it) when thought of as being that or something mystical is totally b.s. but on the other hand something is going on there. It's much more complex or in a psycho/bio route there. One thing though it you both just put the same substance in your bodies and brains once it got there through the blood stream so it will make you think similarly or react to your enviroments similarly. Some things are more subtle though that make you both do identical things even something as simple as a look. I can look at a person and read their mind easily within most of the population simply from body cues, body language, movement, appearance, etc. I'm not psychic one bit. I have some friends that I hang out with most of the time who do the same as I do as a natural impulse or like a body function. I wouldn't live any other way. I think it was a poorly chosen name and makes it seem magic.

Last edited:
Also you guys should have stayed in the same room and studied your similar thinking processses further or had a bonding experience. You will be so close in mind frame at those times to be able to communicate anything so clearly so take advantage of it. Socially lubricating yum yum!

I 'believe' that everything we 'believe' to be 'there', is in fact 'here'.

Its just a matter of paying attention. Usually, as human beings, we function under cultural 'programs' which consist of filters and whatnot, basically modified on basic emotion.... on and off switches, a plethora of pipelined association... Because of this, we can focus on specialized systems, instead of living in the moment at all times... like animals seem to.

We can plan ahead, and remember, and the extent at which is unknown.

Umm..

I believe 'telepathy' is merely 'keen observation'.

just using all your senses. That becomes the 'sixth' sense. It's your heart.. it's the electricity you give off.. it's in your smell.... it's in the angles of your eyebrows... it's in the pitch and height or depth of your voice, etc... it's how sharp, or round something is.. etc...

This is just my 'belief'... however, I don't believe any of these 'senses' have to stop anywhere, because everything is connected to the source, through it's heart, and through it's breathing, and it's cycling.

So beyond what I, or anyone else can easily dig up, as far as empirical data, who is to say?

Tripping simply makes you pay attention to the areas that you're usually blind to. Meditation can take you to the same heightened states.. but with psychedelics, it's pushed.... therefore sometimes people have trouble, hence the reason psychedelics are not a replacement for traditional mediative practice.

Last edited:
WhatHappened said:
consider that most humans only use ~5% of their brain.

That's a big fat myth.

Go to Google . Type "brain myth". Look at the results!