Votes: 4 5.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 33 42.9%

• Total voters
recovering addict, have had huge urges to play lately. i had (have) a level 52 rogue and a 36 pally.

^i used to be but it was when i first played wow, and i got ganked too many times. then i went to alterac mountain server, but my character is deleted now =/

Ah yeah, the downside of pvp. Atleast, when you get to the higher levels you can gank all the nubs, cackle madly, and pay it back. Otherwise, pvp servers wouldn't be worth it.

played for a while but I was raised on full loot/unrestricted pvp so I got bored pretty quick. If they opened a PVP server without rules where players dropped all items upon being killed, I would play in a heartbeat.

Anyone on here play? I could have swore that there was a WoW thread on BL before, but since I didn't see it here I decided to create one myself.

I currently play on Spirestone under the name Deadhed. I'm a Level 9 Human Rogue as I just started playing again this week. I work Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm, so my time to play is usually from 7pm-11pm or 12am EST.

The game has changed a lot since I used to play. I have a few high level horde toons from when I used to play last year, but this is my first time playing Alliance. My brother transferred one of his toons over to Spirestone and I figured I'd join em. We kind of work opposite schedules though so it's hard for us to level together, so if anyone wants to level with me, catch me on Spirestone under the name Deadhed.

I play somewhat on Grizzly Hills and Nagrand. Used to raid during BC and Wrath but not anymore.

Had been playing casually since vanilla, but aside from a brief time in TBC I couldn't ever find the time for raiding due to studies and a steady relationship. Had still been playing on and off till this present time and managed to level my hunter to 85 after a long time, but I found myself less interested in the game and cancelled my sub. It was a great game in the past though, had lot's of fun times with it and even ended up gaining some IRL friends over it who I still visit twice a year even though they live in sweden :)

Long time since I updated this thread.

I'm taking a break right now, but I'll go over my WoW relationship in a bit of detail.

1-60 - Dwarf Rogue (vanilla) - Progression: ZG/MC/BWL (2nd boss) - quit
1-70 - Human Warrior (TBC) Progression: SSC/TK/BT/Hyjal/Sunwell (4th boss) - 3's rating: 2101 - quit
1-80 - Tauren Druid (WotLK) Progression: Missed Naxx/Uld completely. Beat ICC on normal, and got all but 3 bosses down on heroic 10-man - quit
1-85 - Tauren Druid (TBC) Progression: Came about a month before 4.2, so haven't done any heroics. BoT/BWD completed. Firelands 4/7. 3's rating: 1650. Rated BGs: 1750

Currently thinking of quitting. I really enjoy arena and rated BGs, but nobody seems to have the stamina to play competitively, and I don't have the patience to find people willing to put the time and effort in.

I do miss this games early days..

I was in a hardcore raiding guild for most of Vanilla, reached the four horseman in Naxxramas 40man before TBC arrived, couldn't defeat them. The whole 'clean slate' that came with TBC discouraged alot of people in the guild, and i didn't have as much time for raiding as i use too.. but i still did dungeon runs and grinded reputation. I quit in the early months of WotLK.. i came back briefly to check out cataclysm but it was just for the purpose of leveling. I've never had as much fun in any game as i did in the early years of WoW..

I guess i'll keep an eye out on Blizzards next MMO project in development :)

Havent played this game for about 8 months and im not planning on ever starting again. Great game, but it has stolen (literally) hundreds of days of my life and I do not posses the capacity to play it casually. Here is my history.

Orc SHaman (healer for raids ele for pvp) on Warsong-US in vanilla. Progressed to Twin Emps in the #4 (at our peak) guild on the server(very very competitive server in vanilla) before we disbanded late in Vanilla. I was an absolute terror in BG's and ran with the horde honor farming group. Geared ele shamans were so win in Vanilla.

Switched to Nelf Warrior on SUramar-US for BC, this was by far my favorite time in WoW. I changed servers to play with real life friends, and our guild was legit, we were #2 on the server and I was the main tank for our progression through Kara/Gruuls/Serpent Shrine/Tempest Keep. We got to Vasjh (pre nerf) before the world first kill on her, failed horribly and disbanded. I then Started playing a Dranei Shaman and was a healer in the #1 guild on the server. Progressed through Black Temple and Hyjal and got server firsts on every boss in the instances. I was the best geared shaman on the server for quite some time. Were were #1 in progression in Sunwell before we failed on Muru, at which point me and the other resto shaman quit raiding, causing the guild to fall apart. If you raided with a top guild in TBC you know how important chain heal was in high level raids, so losing 2 well geared shamans pretty much nailed the coffin shut for the rest of the guild. I still feel kinda bad about it.

During this time I also got into arenas, which is when the real addiciton set in. I was 2100+ in 2's and 3's on many many different teams on my shaman. And 1800+ on 2's and 3's on my warrior. I was in 5's teams aswell, but never managed to get enough solid players to get over 2k.

I was also big into twinking at this time. I had a lvl 29 rogue that was fully twinked and would srsly 2 shot people that didnt have twink gear. But the most beast twink (and probably the most powerful character I ever played, relative to the level) was my 39 warlock. I had somewhere around 3000hp and 350 spellpower at lvl 39 due to a glitch in the mining profession that gave me about 1000 extra life at lvl 39, plus fully maxed out spellpower enchants. I would use my 3 DoTs and pretty much anyone would die by the end of their duration. I also had 2 friends with twink healers so when they were with me I could literally camp the entire horde team at their spawn, pretty fucked up, but thats how I rolled in WoW. My old harddrive had multiple screenshots of my lock with like 70+ killing blows in WSG.

I quit playing at the end of BC, and of course relapsed when lich king came out.

By lich king pretty much all the old raiding guilds had transfered servers, and in my opinion the recycled content they started putting out in that expansion was really crap, So I pretty much did only areans (plus they nerfed twink enchants... sooo pissed). SHaman were nerfed to shit in early Wotlk, so I rerolled pali and ended up getting duelist on him with 2300+ rating in 2's and also 2200+ in 3's. Tried playing my warrior, but they were shit compared to DK's so that was pretty frustrating, couldnt find a decent healer to play with me so never did very well there. Quit towards the end of Wotlk.

My second relapse (surprise surprise) happened when cata came out. I liked the leveling zones, but really disliked the dumbing down of raiding, and PVE in general, so once again I pretty much did only arenas. Burst damage was way too low in cata and I lost interest fasr, despite being on some of the top pvp teams in the battlegroup.

Never managed to make gladiator, which was my ultimate goal in WoW, but overall I was well known and generally considered one of the best players on my server. It was fun while it lasted, but im done with that game and I hope to god I never get sucked in again.

At the end I had a level 85 druid, warrior, paladin, shaman and mage.

Last edited:
Wow in Vanilla ate a good year of my life. Was the 2nd tank in my guild, top guild on server, got world 10th C'thun kill or something ridiculous like that (did I mention we had pubs in our first C'thun and Twin Emps kills? lol). Was basically the most geared warrior on the server.. had every item imaginable up to rank 12 gear (was going for rank 14 but got Ashkandi, Axe of Sundered Bone, Crulshuruk, and Conquerers head/shoulders/chest so that made ranks 13/14 worthless). Ran with the guild pvp group and basically dominated for weeks and weeks on end.. Ended up getting super frustrated after wiping for 3 days on Thaddius. Between the server and client lag due to the +/- polarity buff and people that simply couldn't figure out what side to go on wiping the raid endlessly, myself and several guildmates left the server and went to a new guild. Realized when I got there that I was just over the entire game and raiding altogether so quit cold turkey and sold my account. Nearly killed the old guild in the process but they rallied, brought in some new people, and downed Thaddius/4horse/LichKing after a few weeks of regearing I think. I feel bad about it because all in all they were a really cool group of people (aside from some of the tards we had to deal with but w/e) but I was done with the game and had no desire to play anymore after that final night of attempts on Thaddius. Just couldn't justify staying up til 2am with 30-40 minute ress and rebuff cycles anymore.

Played a rogue to first tier of content in BC just to experience the xpac (lvl'd to 70 and played all dungeons once), then quit. Played a paladin from 0-80 then all the way through ICC Sepheroth pub tanking the entire way (took 3 days played total no joke). Played through latest xpac to 85, ran all the dungeons once, then quit. Game is perpetually being dumbed down and made a gear grind fest with very little heart to it anymore. The final xpac has gotta be the nail in the coffin.. being able to level from 80-85 in nearly one sitting was such a joke.

Last edited:
Oh man I both loved and loathed this game. I played it pretty heavily back when I was a student and had the time to kill. Raided seriously in vanilla and TBC, helped run a guild, had top level (70 at the time?) rogue, warlock, hunter and warrior, all decked out in epics and/or gladiator gear (Dragonmaw Alliance) man that shit's embarassing >.< Was a lot of fun playing with my partner at the time & helping her level, pvp and raid but I am so glad I quit. I also went cold turkey and just gave away my account to a guildy.

aanallein said:
I feel bad about it because all in all they were a really cool group of people ...

Yeh the social aspect of the game makes it ten times as addictive. You know it's a bad thing when you feel obligated to be online for the sake of a comptuer game and are neglecting real life.

I just couldn't bring myself to play another MMORPG now. I tried LOTRO for a little while but the novelty wore off fast.

Yeah I'm going to give Starwars, the old republic a shot but I'm not going to obsess over it. I've found a happy medium in my life after some years of obsessive gaming where I can play for a bit every few days, not stress, and actually enjoy the time spent playing.

I have some ex-SWG (star wars galaxy) players as friends in real life and they get a boner every time this game gets mentioned. I for one am done with MMO's but Bioware does make amazing games so I'd imagine this will be well made. Bioware is especially good at creating player driven story and dialouge so if thats what you like in an MMORPG then I think this game will be where its at.

After not having played for quite some time its really starting to itch again. The thing keeping me back is the fact that I probably won't be able to combine it with my studies :\ Even at a casual level the game still requires quite a bit of time in order to be successful at whatever you attempt. If the looking for raid-function is a viable option I might give it a shot though. Being bound by steady raid-times simply isn't an option now.

its a decent game but i recon once u hit 80 or 85 twice u begin to relised its just poop