• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 2C-TFM Thread

anyone sample real 2ctfm that had no 2ci in it if so id like to here about it.I heard this stuff was really good im dieing to try it

it came and it went

now its a thing of legends.

(then again legends never die as has been shown with 2cb, 2ct7, 5 meo dipt, amt, DOM, psilocin and plethora of other substabces)

I await the return of this exotic phenethylamine

fastandbulbous said:
Wondering whether the activity -f an SF5 would be like the 4-halogen, 4-alkylthio, or like that of 2C-T-21. If I had to place a bet, I'd think it's be most like 2C-T-21, but a sight more potent

Are you sure that the 2C-SF5 is like other 2C-T-X ? In the pentafluorosulfanyl, the four fluor-atoms take two electron-pair of the sulfur-atom, not in the 2C-T-x ...

The SF5 has no similarity with thioethers. It is extremely lipophilic with very strong electron withdrawing due to flor-atoms. This is a sort of super pseudo halogen... bigger than iodine and more lipophilic than trifluoromethyl !

Does anyone know how the -SF5 group are eliminated out of the body ? ?

That was the original rational for its designing,highly lipophilic yet strongly electron withdrawing,sort of an extension to the so far most potent groups beyond Jodine like Trifluoromethyl,2-Fluoroethylthio,2-Fluoroethyl and maybe the 2,2,2-Trifluoroethylthio/2,2,2-Trifluoroethyl (the latter two exist as well but human data is not public yet to my knowledge).Though your point about Sulfurs different oxidation state is valid.And chances that the SF5 is finally too big there are intact to formulate it positively.

As for the metabolism I would say it is stable like a stone (welcomed in the 2C series) as the SF5 is mostly inert (read up also on SF6:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwefelhexafluorid )

But as with all new things its expected to be a black box,ready to be enlightned!

Btw the problem with the 2C-J contaminant in 2C-TFM is hard to solve,some will be steered away by this potentially legal issue.

Well I haven't heard of this being at all avail;able in a long time, and the 2C-TFM that WAS available at one point turned out to be 50% 2C-I if I recall correctly. I highly doubt these gels (you also said blotter though? Any 2C-X could fit into gel tabs I think, no problem). 6-7 hours, not that intense? It could be a lot of things, and I think jumping to 2C-TFM as a conclusion is probably making a whole lot of assumptions, and given its extreme rarity, it's highly unlikely. Someone with 2C-TFM would probably try to sell it as 2C-TFM because if they managed to get some, they'd have to be tapped into the online community, and loads of people in the online community would pay eagerly to have some 2C-TFM. :)

Well I haven't heard of this being at all avail;able in a long time, and the 2C-TFM that WAS available at one point turned out to be 50% 2C-I if I recall correctly. I highly doubt these gels (you also said blotter though? Any 2C-X could fit into gel tabs I think, no problem). 6-7 hours, not that intense? It could be a lot of things, and I think jumping to 2C-TFM as a conclusion is probably making a whole lot of assumptions, and given its extreme rarity, it's highly unlikely. Someone with 2C-TFM would probably try to sell it as 2C-TFM because if they managed to get some, they'd have to be tapped into the online community, and loads of people in the online community would pay eagerly to have some 2C-TFM. :)

Yeah you make a great point. I personally have a lot of experience with the 2c-x's (and various RC's), and I know 100% that these geltabs were a 2c-x compound. (no blotters, they were red "geltabs" which were extremely hard, almost like plastic, with white specks embedded in them, very bitter.)

I have more experience with 2c-e than 2c-I, but the lack of uncomfortable body load (and back tingles I get on 2c-e, up and down my spine) made me believe it is 2c-I, although I did have suspicions it was something else(2c-tfm). But you're right, that compound is extremely rare, and hasn't been around in years.

Definitely not 2c-b, maybe 2c-I.

Mostly curious because I'm sitting on a strip of some good WoW and would love to combine it with some 2c-e/i, but I'm trying to pinpoint what substance it is before dropping it all (the responsible thing to do IMO).

Oh, and I really appreciate the reply Xorkoth.

Well if you're sure it's a 2C-X you could combine with LSD... I mean, I don't know of any psychedelics that have a bad reaction with LSD.

It does sound like it could be 2C-I. But honestly it's impossible to tell without scientific testing methods like GC/MS or LC/MS.

I've heard loads of reports lately of 2C-B( hydrobromide i would imagine, for ease of solubility in water. . the hcl is a bitch) in gelatin tabs so it makes sense that other 2Cs would follow. Im suprised it hasnt been done before, considering the ease of working with gelatin and the difficulty of pressed tablets or tediousness of loading capsules. But then again, up until fairly recently the 2Cs were more of a conneisseurs drug rather than mass market, and the discriminating consumer wanted identifiable unadulterated products. But this seems to be changing.......

Last edited:
I finally tried this, to sum up I went up to 40mg and it was underwhelming. My source says its confirmed 2c-tfm and he's reliable so I don't know what to think. If you look into previous reports, the only good ones are from 5-6 years ago of a batch that had 2c-i and traces of unknown other stuff. No reports of any recent trials that have had great success. So I'm am not going to jump to the conclusion that what I had wasn't 2c-tfm.

I finally tried this, to sum up I went up to 40mg and it was underwhelming. My source says its confirmed 2c-tfm and he's reliable so I don't know what to think. If you look into previous reports, the only good ones are from 5-6 years ago of a batch that had 2c-i and traces of unknown other stuff. No reports of any recent trials that have had great success. So I'm am not going to jump to the conclusion that what I had wasn't 2c-tfm.
I really have my doubts about the 2C-TFM going around. To my knowledge no independent testing has been done on this batch, so what we have is only the COA from the lab that synthed it. How much is that worth really? it could be 2C-C for all we know. Which is more likely in my opinion.

If it was tested by an independent lab it'd be lovely to see the test results here.

Edit:
My scepsis comes from just reading, in a thesis by martin hansen, 2010, how difficult 2CTFM is to synth compared to the other 2C's.
It appears that the route making it from 2C-I did'nt work at all! they then try another route which "seemed well-documented". That route gave a 85% yield, But:
"Unfortunately the workup and purification of this reaction turned out to be very cumbersome. The aqueous workup was hampered by the large amounts of colloidal copper waste that was contaminating everything........Purification of the crude product was made difficult because the byproducts and residual starting material were indistinguishable from the product on TLC and flash chromatography was not able to separate the compounds. Distillation was the best option but it was not possible to get rid of all impurities with simple short-path distillation."

They then try a third undocumented route, which uses commercially available, but expensive, precursors, and have succes with that. But remember, this is still just small scale.

You'd probably need a totally different route to synthesize a large batch.

I'd believe it if one of the large RC vendors had invested the money in a large scale custom synthesis, just like how allylescaline became available. And not some small time peddlers from some vendor forum suddenly stocking it.

When this becomes available, prices are going to be much higher in the begining than any other 2C we've seen before.

Also about dose, if the 2CTFM from the 5-6 year old batch was 50 % 2C-I, And If 2C-TFM is as weak as this current batch. Then people back then were tripping balls from just 7,5 mg of 2C-I. As the remaining 7,5 mg of 2C-TFM wouldn't have been active at all at that dose.

Just do the math. Not plausible.

Last edited:
Well people have had (earlier in the thread) tested pure 2c-tfm and it is way more potent than 2c-i. The batch that was 50% 2c-i was still well active at low doses and distinctly different to 2c-i or other 2c's, and showed up in LCMS with the right numbers to match -tfm so I think it still had a good amount in there (i've tried it).

I really wish this one would come around again.. I don't know how hard is it to make allylescaline or methallylescaline but its around. I wonder if 2C-EF is easier to synth, or any of the other fluorinated derivatives?

The chinese chemical suppliers are able to make 2-fluoroamphetamine/meth or 3-fluoro and 4-fluoro amphetamines, I wonder how difficult that is.. prob easier than if there are methoxy groups but i'm not a chemist.

Yaesutom, I don't doubt that the batch you had back then was real 2C-TFM (with 2CI)
My post was in response to a batch of "2CTFM" that was distributed by a small time peddler on another forum. People weren't getting any, or just slight effects, from up to 40 mg. Sounds like 2CTFM? And no testing had been done on it, the vendor had gotten a , probably fake, COA from the lab.

I think that both 2CEF and 2CTFM are hard synths, especially for large scale. But what do I know? I do know though, that the lab that brought allylescaline to the scene, failed at 2CEF.

MOD ANTI-BUMP EDIT: everything up to this point (except perhaps page 1) has been cleaned up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems this will be made available in a few days guys.. (together with ETH-LAD, 2C-T-4 and 2C-B-FLY!)

How about this one, has anyone tried a verified batch of 2C-TFM?
I still need to refresh my memory on this one and it has been a while ago since I read Pihkal (need to find my hard copy for the chapter on 2C-T-4)..But will have add it to my collection anyway.. :)

One time someone sent me a baggie of used 2C-TFM that had like 2mg still left on it, and I licked it. It was mild but still a mild trip and I loved the effects. It seemed to be different to the 2c class in certain ways like it really made blue and green stand out bright, and gave my vision a high frame rate effect that reminded me of DMT and its relatives. Very clean feeling and potent at just a couple mg.

The stuff I got later that was contaminated with 50% 2C-I still was good but had that dirty feeling from the 2C-I mixed in with the good. I hope the real stuff is out because I definitely want some :)

It isn't in Pihkal, but a guy named Murple posted a private Pihkal style entry online some years back that Sasha shared privately in an email to him.

It seems this will be made available in a few days guys.. (together with ETH-LAD, 2C-T-4 and 2C-B-FLY!)

How about this one, has anyone tried a verified batch of 2C-TFM?
I still need to refresh my memory on this one and it has been a while ago since I read Pihkal (need to find my hard copy for the chapter on 2C-T-4)..But will have add it to my collection anyway.. :)
Was this actually made back then?

Yes but the batch also contained 2C-I from what I understand. Got me all excited Buzz thinking this was about to hit the market again damn you. Would be so thrilled to get my hands on this stuff it sounds divine. One of the most rare of the 2C-x, isn't scheduled here in the states...a smart vendor would hop on this as it would sell really well without a doubt. Hopefully one day it will once again see the light :)

Yes but the batch also contained 2C-I from what I understand. Got me all excited Buzz thinking this was about to hit the market again damn you. Would be so thrilled to get my hands on this stuff it sounds divine. One of the most rare of the 2C-x, isn't scheduled here in the states...a smart vendor would hop on this as it would sell really well without a doubt. Hopefully one day it will once again see the light :)

Problem is that synthesizing 2C-TFM typically requires using 2C-I as a precursor, and the yield of the reaction isn't exactly spectacular. You'd have to separate out the unreacted 2C-I which is going to make up approximately half your product, otherwise it is still going to be quite illegal in the US.

Unfortunately, trifluoromethylation reactions tend to be a bit trickier than either halogenations (2C-B, -C, -I) or alkylations (2C-D, -E, -P...).