• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 2C-TFM Thread

Very naughty. Once you have methoxy groups attached to the ring of a phenethylamine, the rule of thumb says it's within the phenethylamines derivatives paragraph. The only wat to get around that part is to start attaching things that form another ring system (like 2C-G-3) that isn't also covered (like a methylenedioxy group).

It's a right bastard eh?

You have it correct, but there is no N-ethyl.

Ok cool, so the pic is correct then right?

My mouth salivates looking at it anyway.. many copies of those molecules belong in my stomach.

Hi there,
since this thread is one of the little information about that substance that I could find in the net I m pretty interested in this material too. I am from Germany so if it is helpful I could try to translate something from the mentioned German paper.

Regarding potency:if 2C-TFM is 2-3 times more potent than 2C-B,DOTFM might be active at 0.5mg-1mg.Going to the Fly's,its a doubling again (2C-B-Fly 10mg per Shulgin,the corresponding Amphetamin active at 0.8-1mg) so the 2C-TFM-Fly would be active at 2mg,DOTFM-Fly at 0.3-0.5mg.Well,I bet DOTFM-dragonfly will be active at 100ug.

I just like theories,and potency says nothing about quality...

I have this verbal information from my 2c-tfm seller:

active at about 1mg
light: around 3mg
common: around 5mg
hard: 8+ (he used the word "full blown")

edit: didn't tried yet, so also just theory yet

2C-B-Fly 10mg per Shulgin,the corresponding Amphetamin active at 0.8-1mg

Do you mean the amphetamine/dragonfly structure analogous to DOB? If so, 1mg is way over the fully active dose. I've had a single dose of 500ug of the non-aromatic (2,3-dihydrofurans) dragonfly, and it was fairly well established at that dose. Although I've not had the fully aromatic compound, I have talked to people who have, and the fully active dose is more like 200-300ug; 1 mg would be a huge dose.

Thanks f&b for this interesting infos,it seems there is more than theory known :)
I was indeed refering to the Dihydrofuran-analog of DOB,a lenghty article over at Advanced Discussion has put established human dosage at 800-1000ug.I thought then this sounds a bit high, as with DOB alone I got already nice effects at 200-500ug.To remove all confusion a list (the Fly's are the Dihydrofuran,the Dragonfly's the aromatic Difurans):

2C-B : 15-20mg
2C-B-Fly : 10mg
2C-B-Dragonfly : ?
DOB : 1mg
DOB-Fly : 0.5mg
DOB-Dragonfly : 0.2-0.3mg

2C-TFM : 3-5mg
2C-TFM-Fly : ? (2mg?)
2C-TFM-Dragonfly : ? (1mg?)
DOTFM : ? (0.5mg?)
DOTFM-Fly : ? (0.2mg?)
DOTFM-Dragonfly : ? (0.1mg?)

Is this (Dragon)Fly stuff worthwhile material regarding quality?I guess duration is surely too long.

farabove_theclouds,I'm pleased to hear this data,this confirms my own rather close.Tasting something as the "first" often makes you a bit neurotic and much can be imagined ("is this so potent or am I so sensitive to this material?")-objectivity can suffer.

Last edited:
I've never had DOB, so I can't compare, but I've talkled to a couple of people who've had either DOB & it's dragonfly analogue, or all three (DOB, fly & dragonfly), and they've said that it isn't appreciably longer in duration, and very similar in quality (apparently the one I've had is the worst of the bunch - a bit rough around the edges - hell, I was impressed!)

Thanks for the info re: how the fly/dragonfly differ in structure.

I noticed that the 2,3-dihydro compounds (from now on, the fly!) was about twice the potency of the dimethoxy compound, and that the dragonfly was another 2-3 times more potent again (4-6 x the dimethoxy compound). That does make DOTFM-dragonfly in the same league as LSD potency wise (scary, isn't it!); the (R)-isomer would actually be more potent, if the comparitive potency ratio holds true.

I think it's fairly clear that it will be most like the equivalent 4-halogeno drug, but what intruiges me is its degree of stimulant activity; will it be quite stimulating like 2C-I, or more sedate like 2C-C (or even like 2C-B)?

As a last query, I wonder what the 4-pentafluoroethyl compound would be like. That's about the best electron withdrawing group I can think of...

I predict this will be more of a sedative. Trifluromethyl substitutions when in regards to alkaloids are known for their enhanced serotonergic (5-HT) affinity, thereby evoking sedative effects. Fenfluramine, prozac, TFMPP are good examples. I always thought this would be an interesting phenethylamine !! .. Btw. This should be 2C-CF3, not 2C-TFM .. Incorrect nomenclature .. This is how it's listed in Shulgin's psychedelic index.

^ Then why does he use T to represent sulphur (I know-thio), when the chemical symbol for sulphur is S. To use his reasoning, he didn't make it first, Dave Nichols did, so Nichols should get to name it; and in his papers, he uses TFM as opposed to CF3, so it's 2C-TFM (makers priv.)

Re: naming of 4-trifuoromethyl-2,5-DMPEA

I think (as if my opinion really mattered on naming this compound) that 2C-TFM also fits better than 2C-CF3 because none of the other 2C's labels represent elemental names of the 4-position atoms present, but rather stand for the first letter or two of either a 4-position group or (in the case of 2C-B, 2C-C, etc) individual atoms present. We see 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-E, and 2C-T...not 2C-Br, 2C-Cl, 2C-CH2CH3, and 2C-CH3S. Thus 2C-TFM "fits" better with the rest of the nomenclature than 2C-CF3 could.

Up till now, the names of DOx and 2C-x have never told us anything with regards to the chemistry of the compound it stands for. Take DOT for example...which stands for desoxythio...not the more obvious dimethoxythio...DOT is an analogue of DOM and DOET...desoxy-methyl and desoxy-ethyl...these are extensions of TMA-2...remove an oxygen and/or make a substitution for that remaining 4-position methyl group. Dexoxy-methyl (the primary analogue of TMA-2), desoxy-ethyl, and desoxy-thiomethyl.

What it boils down to is that this all would only make sense to one already familar with the chemistry and timeline behind Shulgin's inventions.

Perhaps Shulgin offered 2C-TFM to avoid confusion with other compounds....maybe the 2C-T family specifically. But then he did a number with the naming of 2C-D. =D

Giving 4-trifluoromethyl-2,5-DMPEA the label, "2C-CF3", will not reverse the inevitable confusion that will always occur with the nomenclature of this facinating family of psychedelics....so its 2C-TFM.

:)

Case closed!

Last edited:
I dont know how you trip heads obtain your chems, some of these are pretty weird to say the least. Also, how sure are you of the "substantial" potency of the trifluoromethyl group? I need to see more evidence, otherwise this could just all be a fat wad of nonsense.

^^

lol, well people are getting it, just like some people can get to taste bromo-dragonfly or 2cb-fly or whatever else ;)

I've seen the future shulgin entry for this one, actually now that this one is 'making the rounds' maybe he would be nice and let the info out (its in his future book) like he did with DALT/5-MeO-DALT.

Anyone besides yaesutom tried this yet? I'm thinking of starting off somewhere around 3-5mg soon. I'd like to know how it is at higher doses first, if someone else has tried.

A friend of mine tried 4.5 mgs and said it pretty feels like an normal 2c-x high. Nice visuals, nice sound. But he also said it could have been stronger. (need to mention he's got a bit of a hallucinogen tolerance)

Gosh damn, lots of people seem to have enough of this now to try out a higher dose, lol, after tasting 1mg makes me wanna eat the stuff up.

Soo if someone doesn't beat me to it i'll probably have a ~5-6mg report up (well i will anyway of course) in 1-2 weeks when I get more :).

farabove, hmm, sounds like I might be taking the dose a lot higher than 3-5mg then. Maybe eat a few mg at a time every hour until I'm where I want to be.

In PIHKAL 2-cb is meant to be well safe so the worst case scenario is that you might trip harder than what you had planned. 1mg is a fucking joke though - surely that is beneath threshold for the ethylamine compound.

From all I heard from this friend (didn't try myself) 1mg was a dose he was feeling already but more like a treshold. Next time he tried the 4.5 and got its effects, but not full blown as it might get with still having fun. Thats what he told me. I definitely recommend not to take more than 5 for the first time! I heard 8mg is already a full ride on a wild horse, but thats just rumours, no valid information.