Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom-First time- Very opiate like

starcraft

Bluelighter
Some Kratom was received in the mail from a trusted online vendor. 1 ounce (28grams) of powered kratom, and 6 grams of "super kratom" was what was ordered.

Background: I've been using opiated for a few months, mainly dosing on codeine, and hydorcodone. I'm a healthy male 5'7" 119lbs, so I figured 8 grams is a good starting dose.

Preparation: 8 grams of regular kratom powder was weighed with a scale, and tossed into a pot of boiling water. A tablespoon of lemon juice was added to help convert to a salt. I figured ordering powder is better than leaves, because powered is more surface area. After boiling for 10 minutes, it is filtered with a coffee filter, and the liquid is kept in one cup. The plant material is placed back into a batch of boiling water, and lime juice is added again. Then filtered again, and did it once more. The total amount of extractions done totalled 3 times. Total amount of liquid collected was about 750ml. The liquid looked just like regular tea. The liquid was then set on low heat, and boiling down to 150ml of reduce it's volume. Once done, it was allowed to cool, which began to look like coffee. It was placed in the fride, for later consumption.

Setting: It was a Friday night, I was alone in my room, feeling relaxed. The tea was taken out of the fride and drank. It tasted really foul, more so than cold water extraction of codeine. I expect a fast onset, because my stomach is half full.

Duration: 4-4.5 hours

Experience: After consumption of the tea, a slight numbing sensation was produced on my tongue. I went to the restroom to rinse my mouth out with mouth wash to rid the foul taste.

I decided to call a friend, via phone and have a convo. This convo lasted 10 minutes. During the convo there was a feeling a euphoria, relaxation, serenity, and slight stimulation. The conversation went smoothly, there was no anxiety what so even. After the phone, I went online, and talked to friends over AIM, while the effects grew more steady. About an hour into the experience, this is the feeling of the peak, which lasted about 30-45 minutes.

This peak experience described as stronger than 25mg of hydorcodone. The euphoria was quite intense, the feeling of warmth, and peace. There was also this light headed feeling, you get this while on opiates, the feeling of floating up to the clouds was really intense. However one thing that was missing was the sedating feeling you'd get while on opiates. Soon this effect starts to come down, and I'm felt with a really opiate like feeling.

After an hour to an hour and a half, the peak feeling goes away, and your left with the really opiated like experience just like 15-20mg of hydorcodone. The sedating feeling also takes over. I find myself laying in bed and listening to Alice in Chains, and Distrubed for the next two hours. At time I would just melt in with the music and float away. It was a really nice experience. Then opiate itch starts to take over. After 3 hours I looked into the mirror and find that my pupils were really pin point, and my eyes blood shot red. It didn't worry me, and for the next hour I sat down on my computer chair and just stood there. I then took 12mg, half of diphenyhydramine pill to counter the opiate itch. I didn't want to fall asleep but it helped alot with the itch.
After 4 hours into the experience the experience felt like taking a lose dose of opiates. I went to get something to eat, and then after 4.5 hours I checked the mirror and my pupils were still pin point. I just said what the heck ,and went off to sleep.

Side effects: I realized some mild side effects to this herb. The good thing is it dosn't produce nausea like opiates do. However you still get pin point pupils, blood shot eyes, cotton mouth, not as bad as weed, and it acts like a mild diuretic just like caffeine. I had to take a piss 3 times during the experience.Another thing is taking a piss a slightly more difficult, but it wasn't a struggle. Today no side effects I'm fully back to baseline.

Conclusion: this is really opiate like, and fast onset as well. I felt it in 5-10 minutes. Then you hit the peak of 30-45 minutes. After that you have a really opiate like sedation. This is legal, cost is neglectable depending on vendor, and easy to obtain. Just make sure you have a good online vendor. I will look foreward to experimenting with this herb again, next time I should boil the water down to a tar, and put the stuff into a gel cap. This is comparable with opiates, but still not much research or info is on this plant.

My advice this is highly recommended if you like opiates, but start off low, have a trusted vendor, and be safe. This herb is legal, and lets keep it that way.

wow, nice read, sounds like all good times.
i will be sure to give this stuff a wurl sometime in the future.

peace

Oh man...that Kratom taste....horrible horrible horrible. Even with your extended prep it still sounds like it was terrible. I didn't filter it as much as you did and couldn't even finish my cup 'cause I was gonna puke if I had one more drop of the crap. The effects sound pretty enjoyable though. No pain, no gain I suppose for this one.

yeh if you don't filter it fully, its impossible to get down.

I really don't think its nearly as bad as alcohol.

Alcohol is the worst thing I have ever tasted in my life.

It's surprising to hear so many people bitch about the taste of Kratom. I absolutely love it. As a matter of fact, I would still drink it even if I didn't get high.

Could you just put the powder directly into gel caps? Sounds fun, though for the effort it seems like K or oxys would be better. Nice report, a good example of the detail needed on most reports, Peace.

Personally i just stick around 12 grams of the "super kratom" powder in a large teacup, squeeze a lemon onto it, add water, stick it in the microwave for a few minutes, and just drink it, ingesting the powder as well. Doesn't really seem to bother my stomach, and i do think it tastes bad, but bearable. Gets me surprisingly high also, and i was expecting kratom to be a complete joke before i actually tried it.

There must be different strains of kratom. With the kind I have, 4 grams produces a nice high (and I have definite tolerance). And the taste is very benign. Tastes like leaves, thats all. I just eat it by the teaspoon and drink it down with water.

I often have feel anxious while lying in bed at night, would Kratom be strong enough to sedate me a bit (similar to a low dose of hydrocodone or something?)

It may, but it may not, as Kratom tends to have stimulating properties. I have reached a nod with Kratom at high doses, but it wouldn't be worth it to use it for sleep. Some Opiates/Opioids such as Codeine and Hydrocodone, along with Benzodiazepines and such would work much better.

diphenhydramine(benadryl) is great for getting to sleep, but it will keep you asleep for about 8 hours, i cant take it unless i have more than 8 hours to sleep, otherwise i sleep through my alarm.

one thing about kratom... i used to use it a lot, but if you are also a heavy opiate user as i am, you will develop a tolerance to kratom very quickly. after several weeks of using kratom about once a day, it took about 5 to 6 times as much for me to get off as it did with my initial starting dose. it became a useless drug for me. i wonder if anyone else has experienced it this way?

I regularly use Kratom but more responsibly. At most 3 times a week, usually about twice a month. Potency has decreased but I definetly still feel effects off a 7g dose. I dont use any other opiates.

Great report. I don't know why I've always dismissed Kratom without ever trying it. I'm ordering some as we speak.