• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants prepping adderall for injection

lookinseedyjim

Bluelighter
I have been curious about the effects of ived adderall for a while now, so tonight i took it upon myself to try it. Having seen Requiem a good number of times i am somewhat hesitant about shooting up although i have done it a few times. I am posting this to share my method which i think falls into the realm of harm reduction should a person choose to inject adderall. One small note about myself and my reason for believing i am qualified to offer this post: i have completed three years as a chem major at a university.

Two 20 mg adderall IR tablets were crushed and placed in a small glass. To this was added 5ml of distilled h20. the solution was heated slightly to aid in dissolving. once dissolved a very few crystals of naoh(red devil lye) are added. This results in a change in color from orange to red. The ph was tested and found to be 13. To was added 5ml of chloroform(any organic solvent should work) which resulted in two layers forming in the glass. This mixture was put in a 125ml erly. flask, stoppered and shaken vigorously. The bottom layer was drawn off by means of a syringe.

NOTE: chloroform is denser than water which is why its on the bottom however most organic solvents are less dense than water and so they would be the top layer. Know the nature of the solvent.

To this chloroform solution, again in the erly. flask, was added 5ml of distilled water followed by a few drops of 6M HCL. The solution was again shaken and the ph tested; found to be 2. The solution should now be acidic though i do not believe it makes much difference what the exact ph is. The top layer was decanted and placed on a plate. This plate was microwaved for 30 second intervals with a minute break in between each interval. The result was off-white crystals of amphetamine hcl. These were scraped, dissolved, pulled through a small segment of coffee filter, then shot.

This is a somewhat complicated procedure for a decent but not mindfuckingly good rush. I have read many posts of from people who have been curious for a safe way to shoot adderall and due to my own curiosity I tried this method and was pleased with the results. Anyone with more chemistry knowledge than I please let me know if you see any dangers from this. I believe it to be safer and subjectively better than simply dissolving adderall which I have also done(not wise).

PS: A simple way to obtain enough dh2o for an injection is to put a small amount of tap water in a bowl. Heat until boiling. Take off heat and place a small shot glass in the middle of the bowl. Cover the bowl with a piece of plastic wrap and place an ice cube and a little water on top of the wrap. The ice cube weighs down the wrap and creates a low spot which will serve as the point where all the condensed and now distilled water from the wrap will fall into the shot glass.

Be safe, but not so much you miss a chance to have fun.

the seediest of jims

One further piece of advise to anyone interested in trying this: when extracting the basic water with chloroform do two extractions of 5ml each and combine these as I noticed my yeild from this procedure was a little less than what I had calculated it to be after taking into account the change of salt.

Last edited:
Where did all the fillers and binders go? Into thin air?

Why did you use a coffee filter to filter, and how long did this process take? Seems a bit much for me I prefer to just crush, soak, filter, refilter, and inject. The rush is nothing to write home about and the duration lacks in its length.

Best of luck to yours and my veins.

piece

some fillers and binders were dissolved in the water which is why the amphetamine was made into freebase to allow it to be extracted with chloroform. other fillers and binders were dissolved in the chloroform and stayed there when the amphetamine was made into the hcl salt and extracted with water.

a small piece of coffee filter was placed over the syringe to act in the same way, but lesser degree, as a micron filter.

If you were to just crush, soak, filter, inject... you're going to be shooting sucrose. I'm not sure how bad that is (if it is at all), but I don't think its something that would normally be in your blood stream.

I have a brief question. Is it safe to use hardware store lye as a source of NaOH, especially when preparing a solution for injection? I have never injected or prepared an injection but I have seen warnings elsewhere that state that hardware store lye is not suitable for preparing a solution intended for oral consumption (not due to the pH which can be adjusted, but due to the purity of the solvent).

The source of the lye is not important as it is only used to adjust the ph of the solution and on top of that the subsequent steps will insure that there is no lye in the finished product. Also lye is not critical here other bases can do the same.

I have Ived street bought amph in Poland, as very common for people to Iv it. Even though it is very cut even in Poland(a manufactering country), the powder which was the size of about 4-5 matchheads gave a very satisfying rush with nice euphoria and a much stronger high. Having crushed a 10mg tablet of adderall recently it produced quite a bit of powder, perhaps equivelent to about 250mg(quarter gram) of the street amph I got. Basically it seems like too much powder to try to Iv for such a low amph dose. Although knowing me i'll try to IV a small dose to see what effects it has compared to euro amph. FairNymph, what do you mean about insolubles, like with chi-town dope there usually is a gooey mass of insolubles but nothing really bypasses a good filter and a thin needles like a 28-20g right? I wouldn't advise most newbs to try this, myself i've shot alot of shit so I doubt a tiny amph)adderall) shot once a lifetime would hurt. Maybe one day when i'm bored.

fizzacyst said:
If you were to just crush, soak, filter, inject... you're going to be shooting sucrose. I'm not sure how bad that is (if it is at all), but I don't think its something that would normally be in your blood stream.

sucrose is just table sugar. Its a 50/50 mixture of dextose and fructose. I don't think its harmful.

If it's got plastic beads in a slow release (SR, XR etc) preparation, than it's most likely an ion-exchange resin that provides the graduated release, and are an absolute pain to remove the drug from. Simply shaking with water will not release the drug.

Amphetamine sulphate is soluble to the extent that 1g will dissolve in 11ml of water at room temp (25'C) to form a saturated solution. It becomes much more soluble as the temp goes up.

I recrystallize any amphetamine that I get (to remove all the reactants from the synth that have unknown toxicology etc). If you do use this method to purify what you've got, you should end up with rosettes of needle shaped crystals.

There really is too much powder to do an injection anyway. Good luck. Play it safe, don't do it! You know its wrong! Don't _DO IT_.

101 said:
sucrose is just table sugar. Its a 50/50 mixture of dextose and fructose. I don't think its harmful.

Sucrose is a disaccaride, each molecule composed of one molecule each of fructose and glucose combined by dehydration synthesis. Its not a 50/50 mix of anything, its a unique individual sugar.

FWIW, fructose and glucose are monosaccarides (& glucose = dextrose).

Some notes for shooting adderall without chemical procedure

Name brand Adderall 30mg is the best to shoot with the least fillers left on the bottom.

Oval shaped generics are worthless for shooting

Blue round generics work pretty well, but don't seem to give the rush that the name brand do

fizzacyst said:
Sucrose is a disaccaride, each molecule composed of one molecule each of fructose and glucose combined by dehydration synthesis. Its not a 50/50 mix of anything, its a unique individual sugar.

FWIW, fructose and glucose are monosaccarides (& glucose = dextrose).

Woah, ok not to start an arguement or anything, but as I always understood it sucrose is composed of 2 sugars (hence mono being the prefix for each individual sugars, and di being the prefix for sucrose, saccaride of course meaning sugar). But yes it is a unique sugar, and dextrose being the only component normally found in blood. Where as fructose is carried to the liver first to be broken into glycogen, glucose, and 6-gluc.

I don't think that shooting it would have any bad effects though. But for the sake of harm reduction I don't think it should be done.

Again, not trying to argue, I know for a fact you are probably smarter than me, and no Im not being sarcastic.

Sorry if I gave off an arguementative vibe.

I was just trying to make sure it was known that sucrose wasn't a mix of these two different sugars that might be ok to shoot in their uncombined form. I honestly have no clue whether shooting sucrose is harmful or not. I just didn't think it would ever get into the blood under normal circumstances, and thus might not be good.

..just wanted to point out that if nobody knew for sure if it was ok, then it should be approached cautiously.
:)

Ok, the extraction process SeedyJim posted appears quite to have quite a lot in common with the extraction process for turning DXM HBr into DXM freebase, extracting it, turning it into DXM (Hydro)citrate while getting it to go into solution in an aqueous solution. As a former dexer, now in possession of a big bottle of (unfortunately) generic 20mg adderall, and having a predeliction for needles, I'm wondering if there is any reason this process wouldn't work on them?

Sucrose is just sugar. Injecting it is not different or more harmful than the hydrating drip you would get in a hospital