• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Slender girls vs. Curvy Girls? MERGED. [mild work warning]

In American its either to skinny or to big never any between.
While I doubt I would agree with you about what's 'too skinny' -- I do agree that there is this huge gap in weights, esp among women. Where you have 70% of the adult female population being overweight, and about 5% thin, and only 15% or so truly neither fat nor thin.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Dude... while I really (believe me I do ;)) appreciate your sentiment, because I am what you'd call a curvy 'voluptuous' woman myself, I'm going to have to change your topic heading because I don't know that calling skinny women "anorexic bitches" is all that constructive. In fact it smacks of hipocrisy because some girls who are naturally skinny go through just as much backlash, degradation and unfair hatred in this society as do girls with a bit more flesh on their bones.

If there's something I've learned from SLR ( and this forum has changed my attitudes in more ways than one) it's that skinny girls don't always get the best deal... quite often they're ridiculed and picked on as well, and the people I know who have the lowest self-esteem are often ones you'd consider "model-types". It seems that in some cases, people think it's acceptable to put down thin people because of certain prejudices and inadequacies within themselves, and unfortunately when someone like you comes along who's simply trying to sincerely compliment girls who are curvy, naturally that's going to set off some angry reactions amongst those who are thin because it seems a little one-sided.

There's a difference between "naturally thin" and "forcing yourself to be anorexic because you want to look like Nicole Ritchie" - I think the latter is really sad, borne of insecurity and shallowness. And it's sad that naturally thin people get a bad rap because of that.

That said, I honestly *do* think debates like this sway towards the side of larger people because it's more common, and easier to relate to. The plight of "thin" girls is never going to get as much sympathy simply because most people are more commonly attuned to how hard it is to lose weight, and see thin people as 'lucky'. And the other side as the underdog.

Just saying "be nice"; is all. Some people have the choice. Others don't. :)

And thanks. I happen to really like my curves and this thread couldn't have come at a better time since my own dad yesterday called me fat :( Carry on.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I have always been, well, twig- like. I didn’t reach 100lbs until after I’d graduated from high school. I never had an eating disorder, but have always been super-thin; though admittedly, I've filled out a tad over the years.

As a child and adolescent, I was constantly picked on. Every part of my body was ridiculed as if put on display like some sort of sideshow freak. “Oh my God, look at your legs!” “Look at how thin your wrist is!” “I can see your ribs!” “Your chest is as flat as your back!” and so on and so forth. As if I didn’t already know these things. I wished so badly that I could have the body like my more voluptuous counterparts.

People are always going to find something wrong with a person’s body, whether or not it fits societal ideals. I’m not sure if I have it as bad as fuller women, but psychologically I would say that I am equally as self-conscious about my thin structure as the next woman. In fact, even today, you will never catch me in a skirt because of the reservations I feel about my bird legs.

BTW, SLM, you are beyond beautiful and fat you are most certainly not.

fairnymph said:
There happens to be this thing called mental illness...and it's the major cause of eating disorders.

There's being shallow, and then there's being sick. These two are not related. Most girls who want to be REALLY thin are not shallow -- they're fucked in the head. And it's a very deep problem. :\

Of course. I apologise, I didn't mean to sound trite about eating disorders. You know that :(

FuturePig: thankyou :) :)

I just got out of treatment for an eating disorder and put on a good 15 pounds. the positive response ive been getting is quite amazing (im 5'5 and 117ish now). although i thought i looked better leaner (and have less body image concerns at a lighter weight), ive only heard good things from others. i have to admit i felt the shittiest (mentally and physically) at my lowest weight (around 90) which seems to be the medias ideal.

I definitly agree with what the others say about the media. I have a hard time looking at magazines or even the victorias secret website now :( makes me angry and want to lose again. I also agree about the mary kate olsen thing...god knows shes not recovered, no reputable treatment center would say someone at that weight is healthy (the place i went wouldnt let anyone leave there at a weight like that). grr its frustrating
its nice to know that some of the general public likes a curvier girl.

(also the larger boobs make the weight a little more tolerable)

Waaah fucking waaaah! The media says something, so I have to obey it! I can't think for myself! Blame the media! Its all someone elses fault!

Never have I seen a bunch of people who so readily give up their ability, their right, and most importantly, their obligation to reasoned thought. 'The media' says drugs are evil. How many of you believe that? 'The media' says America has moral authority to stand in judgement over the rest of the world. How many of you believe that? Why are you suddenly so eager to shift the burden for your actions onto an inanimate entity? Do you have no willpower, no self-determination, no intelligence?

Its not your skeletal structure or your thunder thighs that are the problem here, its your refusal to take responsibility for your own actions.

I dont give a shit about what the media dictates women should look like. Some of those models look like aliens- all gangly, no meat...you cant achieve that look unless you have the right genes and ability to abstain from an adequate diet.

In the long run, in my experience its not the men who want their women to look like a half starved gazelle, nor do they expect them to. Women's own insecurities dictate what they think men want.

I am not reed thin by any means and havent had any complaints thus far.. not doing too badly for someone who doesnt exactly live a healthy lifestyle :)

I personally dont find skinny men attractive but dont necessarily go for the "buff bod" men seem to think they need. Its the whole package really- you dont need to be physically perfect by any means. A lot of sexual attraction comes from personality and brains and there is nothing sexier than a self confident, funny, smart guy whos comfortable in his own skin. :)

bring on the curvy girls...

i'd prefer some fat to a stick insect any day....

CURVY!

and it's not just that the media "tells" anyone how they should look, rather than that they portray "natural" with carefully selected actors and actresses who are retouched whenever possible. you aren't born with the ability to see through media lies, it's something you have to learn, that's why they are so effective. you can't blame people for falling for it when they don't know any better.

fastandbulbous said:
My wife has always had a tomboy streak in her; when she dresses up she's told me that she sometimes feels like a bloke in drag...

Wow, I'm not the only one that felt that way before. Amazing.

ktx49 said:
yea i hate skinny girls that look like a 14 year old boy....yuck really yuck!!

teenage-boy-fuckers. lol

LOL. This post just really made me half to laugh. Just the other day my little sister (who's 20 and very feminine & curvey) and me (I'm 22, wearing real baggy clothes) were hanging out outside Family Dollar while our Grandparents finished there last minute x-mas shopping.

These 2 black guys pulled up in a new SUV and just sat there staring at me and my sister for several minutes. My sister S. got in the car because she felt uncomfortable. I just kept standing there leaning against the hood of our car smoking a cigarette.

One of the black guys rolled down his window and called to me, "Hey, who's that chick. Is that your Mom?---or your sister or something? Does she like black guys?"

S. was upset at first that they asked if she was my Mom. But then finally she justified it by saying, "Well, they probably thought you were a 14-year-old boy."

A-tweak

There's things about each that are hot to me. But curvy girls just got that extra somethin, ya knows. <3

If there isn't a bit of meat where her pelvic bones are, i'm not interested. Absolutely disgusting when they stick out, and they hurt during sex as well.

cire113 said:
Im sick of girls going super thin thinking they are so hot and bomb...

I like a real GIRL... with REAL Curves,, and im a skinny good lookin guy

There is nothign wrong witha some meat on a girl....

Not fat but nice and thick and womenish with those hips...

WHy are some girls obessed with their weight its real troubling..

I love how you imply a thin girl isnt REAL. :X

cupcakez said:
I definitly agree with what the others say about the media. I have a hard time looking at magazines or even the victorias secret website now :( makes me angry and want to lose again. I also agree about the mary kate olsen thing...god knows shes not recovered, no reputable treatment center would say someone at that weight is healthy (the place i went wouldnt let anyone leave there at a weight like that). grr its frustrating
its nice to know that some of the general public likes a curvier girl.

(also the larger boobs make the weight a little more tolerable)

Thats completely unfair. I weigh about as much as her and Ive never had an eating disorder. My weight doesnt even SHOW up on the body mass index thing. Even if I ate all the food I possibly could eat, all day every day, I couldnt get past 120 pounds (Im 5'7''). People annoy me SO badly with this topic, people are always telling me to eat fatty foods and stuff but I LIKE MY BODY HOW IT IS. I work out, and whenever I mention I went for a jog or something people are like "OMG WHY are YOU working out?" HELLO. I eat healthy and work out because I want a healthy body! I want a healthy heart! And I LIKE being tone! Some of you are VERY cruel. Terms like "stick insect?" Whats wrong with you? Dont you see how mean that is?
Futurepig, I got the same treatment when I was younger and I ended up with severe self esteem and body image issues that Im only recently starting to overcome. There is NOTHING wrong with a thin body, I think my body is petite, femanine and beautiful.

ditto the above. my wife is 5'3 and all of 100lbs, and my god she is fucking smoking hot. triple that naked.

she's thin, has modeled in various photo shoots, stunning beauty. guys throw themselves at her, even when i'm standing right there. she still is as self-concious as any woman i've met about her appearance. perhaps not about her weight, but she's found other things to worry about.

the issue isn't society's mandate of thin=pretty but rather that women are judged more on their appearance than anything. THAT is the problem.

sexy can be a certain look, sure. but real sexiness comes from the brain. by the grace of god, i've managed to find someone with both.

shoulda gone to church today i guess. thank you!

Personally, I prefer thinner girls. I generally find them to be more attractive. Although when I say thin... I mean thin AND curvy. I don't feel the two are mutually exclusive.

When it comes to weight though, it's HOW someone wears it. Some girls might look fabulous as a size 14au... while others will look like they could do with some work on that ass!

In saying that, I think a great personality will colour someone's physical image. I've met some physically gorgeous girls who I've come to believe are physically ugly.. and I've met physically less attractive girls who I've come to see as physically nice.

Have you ever been in a relationship with someone and thought they were the most gorgeous person EVER? Only to look back at the photos at a later date and realise that whilst they were decent... they certaintly weren't as good as you remembered when you were wearing your rose coloured glasses?!

As people grow in your heart emotionally... they grow in your heart physically. Therefore, being comfortable in your own skin should be a priority [it's more loveable ;)]!

Although when I say thin... I mean thin AND curvy. I don't feel the two are mutually exclusive.
Good point.

It annoys me when people try to use 'curvy' as a euphemism for fat. I'm not saying that everyone here is doing this...but it happens alot.

You can be obese and STILL not have curves.

You can be model thin and have AWESOME curves...they're just curves of muscle and bone, instead of rolls of fat.

So the real question is...do you like curvy or noncurvy girls? Or, do you like fat or thin girls? But curvy vs thin isn't a valid question.

"You can be obese and STILL not have curves."

Oh, there's curves... just not in places one might be used to.

My thought is that people pay too much attention to how people look and not enough attention to what kind of person they are. I can appreciate most any woman who at least tries to take care of themselves... but if they are rail thin, they better stay on top, I'd hate to be responsible for a cracked pelvis.

Doppelganger said:
Personally, I prefer thinner girls. I generally find them to be more attractive. Although when I say thin... I mean thin AND curvy. I don't feel the two are mutually exclusive.

Thanks for this, I was thinking of this earlier. I was standing, looking at myself in the mirror and thinking "Im extremely skinny but I do totally have curves". My ass curves out, my tits curve out and Im tone all over. I mean just because Im stick like, doesnt mean I look like a man. In fact, because of my genetic makeup, I actually am much curvier when I lose weight. All the weight I gain tends to go to my middle, kind of boxing out my shape, whereas when Im super thin I actually get somewhat of a waistline. Thats why this debate is stupid to me. Shape is almost all genetic, not how much fat you have.