• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

you dont even need to use a stove. Just use the bottle method, some warm water, and some lemon juice. then add some juice to the water, after it's filtered for taste.

just wanted to add this .....

me and my bf just recently have finally had poppy tea, but not from the seeds like most ya'll from this thread, from the pods. seems like pods vs. seeds is like preperation vs. cost effectivness....

just 3-5 pods is enough for a very nice buzz.

-remove pods from the stems
-ground them up w/ a coffee grinder.
-add the boiling water to a large coffee mug, let steep for about 15 min stirring occasionally
-strain the mush w/ a wire strainer, use paper towel or coffee filter too if you want less crap in there
-add about 2 spoonfuls of sugar and a couple globs of honey

and then repeat the process to get the most out of it- we use about half the water than before. only need to steep for about 5-10 mins stirring the whole time. we have always done this, don't know how extra it adds but what's the point of wasting it you know it's gotta add somethin ^_^

voila tastes great, quick and easy to make.

a whole pound of seeds vs 3-5 pods - less hassle imo but whatever works and is more affordable for you! Also a good idea is to grind up all the pods together to ensure equal potency for every batch. It seems like 1 level teaspoon is about 1 4-5cm pod.

^^I wonder if pushing a sludge of water and poppy seed pod grounds through a piece of calico would be equally effective?

I've pondered about this one, since it isn't indeed a trip report per se, but there's some awesome thoughts in here, and since nobody from any other forum has demanded it get moved...well....stuff 'em, it can stay here until then =D

[well done idiot]

Last edited by a moderator:
[snip - sorry dudes, source discussion has gotta go]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have much better directions. Much simpler.

1. Pound of blue poppy seeds, fresh - pour into a 2L Soda bottle containing the liquid of your choice [preferably lemon juice]

2. Cover bottle and shake every 2 mins, for no more than 12-15 minutes [at this point the seeds start to absorb the liquid and you will get less liquid]

3. Place a cheesecloth over the bottle opening [with the aid of a rubber band] and squeeze the liquid out into a cup. Drink.

4. Second 'distillation' will usually render nothing potent. Don't waste your time.

PS. Only buy Latin brands of seed.

^Instead of a cheesecloth...why not just unscrew the cap a little bit? Does the same job, and you dont have to use anything extra.

*Lemon juice doesnt make it more potent in any way. I've done it enough times with and without to know.
*Second, 3rd, sometimes even 4th "distillation" will give you the good stuff.

conclusion: there is no need to waste your money or time on getting/using extra things such as the lemon juice, and cheese cloth. And you can do up to 4 extractions on the seeds and get results. I'm speaking from experience, not the internet.

I realize that bumping old threads may be looked down on, but I didn't want to create an entirely new thread for a subject that has been talked about to some extent. Also, somebody recently inquired about PST in the other drugs forum so I thought that this would be helpful to them.

This is an update to the process for making PST.

1. Ok... first of all, there is no need to shake the seeds for twenty minutes. Shaking for one minute, constantly, is all you need.

2. Second, do not use fruit juice to make the tea. Use normal water (dextermeth pointed this out earlier in the thread). When fruit juice is used, the tea... for some reason... is not as strong. Just use water and chase each swig with something strong tasting, like an altoids mint or pickle juice to eliminate the nasty flavor.

3. Thirdly, as dextermeth pointed out, and as I discovered when I lost my custom lid, there is no need to drill teeny holes in the cap to your plastic container. Simply screw the cap on halfway and squeeze normally. The tea will exit the container more easily than through a tightly applied lid with holes drilled in it. CAUTION: if the lid is too loose, there's a good chance that it will pop off and seeds will spill out. This happened to me once, so the idea is to screw the lid on tightly, then unscrew it a couple of turns so that it is still hanging on by enough threads to keep it from popping off when you squeeze it.

edit: After reviewing dextermeth's post again, I see that he has suggested that a potent brew is possible by using up to four extractions from the same batch of seeds. This has NOT been my experience. After almost two years of doing poppy seed tea, I have found that after the seeds have been used once, doing another extraction will yield a brew that is only about 1/4 the potency of the original batch. Sometimes I will go ahead and extract this, but most of the time I won't. If you know that you are going to go without seeds for a prolongued period, it is useful to use the same seeds twice, saving the second extraction for the future when WD's start to kick in. Unless you have about eight batches of 'second extraction tea', you won't get high, but usually it is enough to keep WD's at bay. Also, after two days, tea that has not been used will have begun to 'turn'. It tends to form a skin of gross clumps and takes on a sweet, acidic flavor, and is even more foul to choke down. Same goes for used seeds that have been left to sit for two days. If you drink tea that is more than two days old, or from used seeds that are have been sitting for more than two days, chances are it will make you sick. It made me sick once... not seriously, but I puked up everything I had eaten plus a few gallons of air laced with stomach acid. Not pleasant.

Hope that was helpful.

Last edited:
^ you know, i think this is one of the few forums where old post bumping is never frowned upon :)

Thanks meangirl :)

And now for the trip report that a few people have noticed is conspicuously absent :\

After preparing the tea in the manner described, using two pounds of fairly potent seeds which were purchased bulk, I drink it. It usually takes about 5 good swigs (holding my breath during each swig) to finish it all. Immediately after each guzzle I pop an altoid in my mouth and suck on it, effectively neutralizing the nasty flavor. After about 15 minutes, I begin to feel the tea as it comes on. Anyone who has popped an ms contin will recognize it... the 'rubbery leg' feeling. This is always a welcome feeling for me, as I can be sure the seeds are potent. After about five to ten minutes of the rubbery leg, the euphoria starts to kick in.

Here I must point out that if you are not an experienced morphine user, or if this is your first time using poppy seed tea, you probably will not feel any euphoria, although the rubber leg feeling will most likely increase. When I first started using poppy seed tea, I found this feeling to be somewhat unpleasant, but since this was my only method for ingesting opiates, I stuck with it. After a few weeks of continued use, I was finally rewarded with a euphoric buzz. However, there is a threshold where the rubbery leg feeling graduates to euphoria, and if you haven't ingested enough tea, even if you are experienced, you won't cross this threshold. Unless another dose is taken you'll miss out on the euphoria.

The buzz isn't as good as say, three vicodins kicked in with a 40 mg ms contin (my prefered cocktail), but it is decent and lasts for approximately 6 - 8 hours. You can re-dose at least once during the trip with about half the original amount and it will kick in the buzz back to its original strength. If you're going to spend the day high on poppy seed tea, it is best to do it as early in the day as possible. I find it impossible to sleep unless a good 14 - 18 hours have passed since I originally drank the tea, and I usually need to pop about 6 benadryls. If you've re-dosed, you can forget about sleeping for a while. Also, tolerance will quickly increase if you use poppy seed tea every day. Over the course of about a month, when I first started using it, my tolerance went up by about half. Eventually, it was taking three times the original amount to get high.

So, using this method, assuming you have some potent seeds, will definitely get you high. It's time consuming, and kind of a hassle, but once you've gone through the process several times you forget about all that and it becomes routine. WARNING: this method of using opiates is just as addictive as popping pure morphine pills. The withdrawals are just as horrible, and the cravings are just as intense. I come upon this knowledge based on almost two years of constant use, and dealing with an addiction like this is no picnic. Poppy seeds are legal, and they're cheap when purchased in bulk. In my opinion, this makes them even more dangerous than street drugs. Anyone who decides to go this route with their opiate experimentation, you've been warned.

i tried the bottle methodwith grapefruit juice and i even let it sit for 2 days shaking often and i got nothing but an upset stomach. did i do something wrong or did i just get a crappy batch of seeds? does it matter if you buy the seeds at a super market bulk. and do all poppy seeds have trace amounts of opiates because my friend keeps telling me im an idiot for trying poppy seed tea and that poppy seeds from a grocery store have no effect whatso ever. He straight edge by the way and i find it hard to believe that so many people would lie about poppy seed tea, i just cant dismis all the success ive heard from so many people.

some supermarkets sell bulk seeds that are good, some supermarkets sell bulk seeds that are bunk. i have had good and bad experiences with bulk seeds. you just have to find a good source, there's not much else to it. once you find good seeds, you'll know what i and others who have had success with them are talking about

ahh malfunkshun i remember when you first started posting about poppy tea and you were saying it wasnt working!

I never honed my tea technique however, i always made the same mistakes. Added various awful flavours, left the tea to sit for a few days (yuck), and always made a bloody mess with the seeds. My source also had a vicious potency and the tea was always too strong, with accompanied nausea.

I had to cut my opiate use completely. Its too difficult to pursue an athletics career and also nod every weekend, i can only -just- manage it with heavy pot use on the weekends.

I still have fond memorys of my opiate highs nodding in and out in the sunshine at the beach with my tobacco. I still have what could be described as W.D though (even a year since my last use), there is always an enticing pull towards the bulk food shop where i used to buy them, and occasionally i catch the awful smell of stale tea in my nostrils even when there is none around!

also further, i pour grapefruit juice straight into the bottle and i use that instead of water, i read your post about juice making it less potent, so ill try water next time, but but this is just a little warning

if you are using juice like i do straight up, dont leave the bottle to sit once youve emptied it for a while. little did i know at the time that the shit ferments, and well releases gases. now this builds pressure, a LOT of pressure.

basically in my bathroom (where i was going to empty the seeds down the sink) all i remembered is white and a very loud POP. i open my eyes and fuck me dead, poppy seeds are EVERYWHERE. the damn lid popped off when i undid it and blew about half of the contents (300g) of poppy seeds all over the goddamn bathroom, wet, sticky, poppyseeds at that.

i had poppy seeds on my clothes in my hair EVEN IN MY FUCKING EYES it was that bad. most fucking hilarious thing ever when my sister walked in, the walls caked with seeds, myself included with this dumbfounded 'wtf' look on my face. it took me a good 30minutes to clean up.

anyways morale of the story, just make sure if you dont leave it long, and if you do unscrew the lid SLOWLY so you can release the gases SLOWLY.

is there anything those poppys cant do! cheers for the easier method will be sure to give it a go.

Does anyone have any ideas for filtering it further and evaporating it and smoking the residue? Could it be somehow filtered through a micron filter after it the seeds are removed to yield a particularly pure form of opium?

ToxicFerret said:
Does anyone have any ideas for filtering it further and evaporating it and smoking the residue? Could it be somehow filtered through a micron filter after it the seeds are removed to yield a particularly pure form of opium?

i once used pure ethanol to extract the morphine from the seeds. once i had given the bottle i was using a good shake, i squeezed the resulting 'tea' into a pyrex dish. i then lit a fire on the stove and filled a large saucepan with water, and let this come up to a boil. i put chopsticks over the boiling pan, and placed the alcohol filled pyrex dish on the chopsticks. this to me seemed the safest way to evaporate the alcohol quickly. what was left was a sticky black goo which is smokeable.

edit: if the chopsticks are made of wood, they will quickly absorb a lot of steam and start to bend. make sure that they are long enough so that they don't collapse into the pot of water under the weight of the pyrex, or there goes your morphine into the boiling water. it might spill onto the flame at worst, so be careful doing this

oh... and yeah. like hitomaro said. do NOT let the seeds sit for a couple of days in a sealed container. there is absolutely no need for this, as there is nothing in the seeds that will absorb into the water with prolonged soaking. just shake em for a solid 60 seconds.

Last edited:
malfunkshun said:
i once used pure ethanol to extract the morphine from the seeds. once i had given the bottle i was using a good shake, i squeezed the resulting 'tea' into a pyrex dish. i then lit a fire on the stove and filled a large saucepan with water, and let this come up to a boil. i put chopsticks over the boiling pan, and placed the alcohol filled pyrex dish on the chopsticks. this to me seemed the safest way to evaporate the alcohol quickly. what was left was a sticky black goo which is smokeable.

was it any good smoking it?