Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

malfunkshun

Bluelighter
Skip to here if you are new to this thread and just want to know the best way to make the tea. The process has been updated as myself and other peeps gained experience.

Ok, I've been drinking poppy seed tea like a madman lately to get my opiate buzz because I have no sources anymore for pharmaceuticals. Sad, yes, but effective. With all of my experimenting, I have refined the process to a relatively easy method for making the tea. Most everybody knows how to do this by now, but this last little improvement to the method saves a lot of time and makes it a lot easier.

1. Buy a pound of poppy seeds, bulk, usually they're pretty cheap this way.

2. Buy a a couple of 2 liter containers of fruit juice, something non carbonated to make the tea with.

3. Remove the cap from one juice container, and if you have access to a drill with a teeny tiny drill bit, drill about 20 or 30 holes in the cap. Or, you can just use a really small nail and puncture the cap 20 or 30 times.

4. Remove all of the juice except for about 500 ml (be sure and reserve the excess juice in another container), add the seeds with a funnel (I use a piece of paper wrapped into a funnel shape and taped to hold its shape), and put the other cap (the one without holes) on the juice bottle.

5. Shake continuously and vigorously for 20 minutes, let sit for 10 minutes.

6. Remove the cap, and replace it with the one with the holes. Find a container (I use an empty pickle jar) and SQUEEZE the juice into the jar. Doing it this way filters the juice, and zero seeds get into your tea. Keep squeezing until you've gotten all the juice out that you can.

7. Drink, of course. Then, pour another 500 ml back into the poppy seed container, and shake this again for another 20 minutes. You will be able to use your seeds twice like this, with minimum hassle. I usually get 2 good doses from a pound of seeds.

Hope that helps some of you poppy seed tea fiends. :)

edit - 7/15/2006: Check my most recent post, I have updated this process.

substancecode_poppy
substancecode_PST
substancecode_poppyseedtea
substancecode_opiates
methodcode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
hey thats a wicked idea, i will be sure to try this method!! :D
cheers bud

Nice improvement on a previous idea that I am sure many people have used (2liter bottle - fill with seeds & juice then shake, sunscrew cap a little and SQUEEZE, repeat) and have found easy and not messy. I am giving the tea a rest for a while though. I am trying to get the problem fixed so I don't have to rely on drugs to relieve my pain. It makes it more fun when you do get to use it, if you don't use it that often.

I am pretty sure I have a small bit somewhere, I will definately try this when I get the next urge to drink some tea.

Thanks again for the idea, I am sure many will like it.

Another idea is to use a big 3 litre water bottle with a sipper type lid. If you put your seeds and water (or juice in it) and shake for twenty minutes or so and use a new clean handkerchief and put the sipper lid on top of the handkerchief and screw onto the bottle.

The handkerchief acts as a sieve and the sipper bottle allows you to squeeze out the water or easily shut it. Great for transporting

those sipper bottles usually aren't big enough for a pound of seeds though, i've never seen a 3 liter one. however those lids might be interchangeable onto a larger bottle.

i just made tea with 300grams of poppy seed and used a 40oz jim beam bottle to shake around :)
now to get the shizzle out with no seeds !! haha

peace

hope you catch a buzz, 300 grams usually isn't enough unless you happen to run across some super potent seeds. lately its been taking 750 grams to get me off... i make tea with the first 500 grams, skull that, then immediately make the other 250 into tea and knock that back. i get a nice all day euphoric buzz like that.

i think i'm gonna try poppy pods though... seems they are a cheaper way and a guaranteed buzz, since sometimes the seeds differ and you can get some that don't work at all, and that sucks boo-hiney. like today, the regular store where i get em was closed, so i had to buy em bulk from another store, and they were twice as expensive and i didn't feel jack shit from a pound (500 grams) of seeds. good thing i ran across a few hydrocodones =D

haha nice.
yea i had a little over 300 grams, put them all in my jim beam bottle (40 oz) and shaked it like crazy, let it settle for a while, shook it again and let it settle, then kept doing that for a while, then went and got a glass, and a clean hankycheif to filter then did that until i got all the water i could, then filled it up again with some more water and shook that for a while and drained, ended up with a bit over a tall glass full of water. added a little orange juice and went down a treat, i really dont mind the taste aye, i had some plain with no flavour added and didnt mind, but put in the orange just for something to do.
no more than 15-20 mins into i started getting really happy and was cool, had a few cones of skunk and was buzzing wickedly.
once at my mates place (about 1.5 hours into experince) had too much weed and was so fucked, i could hardly more hahha, just wanted it to end, but that happened when i smoke to much weed sometimes, all in all was fun, but will try about 400 grams next time i think.

peace.

The strongest experience i've had, i took 3 1/2lbs and used juggalotus' bottle method. I then heated the water and reduced down to 1 drinking cup. Added grapefruit juice for taste and to lengthen duration of the high.

......................................:)........................

BZP TFMPP (my brother) is the guy that taught me about poppy seed tea :)

This is my method for a quick buzz.

(I wrote this for another site, don't use a sock, use a stocking if ya can)

Items needed:

A 1 or 2 litre bottle with lid. A teatowel, or a coffee filter, or a scrap of CLEAN material. A rubberband or some string. A large jar. Pasta sauce jars are good. A funnel. Just make one out of rolled up paper if you don't own one. Water, and or fruitjuice. (I find pineapple juice masks the taste well enough) And last but not least some poppy seeds.

They sometimes come in jars or tins. You need to buy about 300g of seeds if you are making this for one person. Now you won't need an excuse for buying the seeds, they are perfectly legal. You may however encounter odd looks if you buy a kilo of seeds.

Ok, grab your funnel and stick it into the top of your clean bottle. Pour your seeds into the bottle carefully. I stress carefully as they get EVERYWHERE and are a bitch to clean up :) Now that the seeds are in the bottle pour about 400mls of warm tap water into the bottle. Or you could use juice. I use warm water as it washes the goodies off the seeds better. Now put screw the cap back onto the bottle tightly and give it a shake for about 5 minutes. After shaking well, let the bottle sit for about 10 or 15 minutes. After letting it sit, shake again for about 5 minutes. Repeat this for about an hour, the longer the stronger ;) By this stage the seeds will look like a clumpy mess. If you feel the need to add more liquid do so, but remember that it tastes like crap and the more liquid, the more you have to drink. Now what I do is take the lid off and tie a piece of cloth around the bottle opening. Make sure it is secure and wont slip off. Last time I used a clean sock and it worked fine. Once the cloth is secured place the bottle upside down into the top of your jar. Hopefully the bottle will balance well in the top, if not just lean it against a wall or something. Now let it filter through the cloth. This will take a while so give the bottle a good squeeze every now and then to help it along. When you have gotten the most liquid out of the bottle that way remove the bottle from the jar. You'll be left with this disgusting slurry. That's the tea. Now there's liquid left in the seeds. To get it out you have to pour the seeds into a piece of cloth, or in my case a sock. Squeeze like there's no tomorrow either over the jar, or over a bowl and it will get the rest of the tea out. Once you have done this mix the tea with some juice and slam it down. Just remember it does taste like shit, I find drinking it with super cold juice makes it easy to throw down. I had some with orange juice last night and it tasted a little earthy but masked the flavour rather well. I also find pineapple juice to be an awesome way to mask it.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice method there (i have rm1x to thank for his trip reports which originally encouraged me to give poppy seed tea a real try), but if you use a cloth material to filter it, you're losing some of the morphine that gets soaked into the cloth. by punching holes in the screw on cap of a juice container and squeezing it out, you're getting as much of the tea as you possibly can. plus, the lid with holes in it is re-usable, over and over and over. you don't need a rubber band, and you're guaranteed a tight fit with the screw on lid. also, you don't have to keep dirtying up a sock or buying panty hoses :D

however, i will try your shaking method... shake for 5 minutes, let sit for 10, shake for 5, let sit for 10, over the course of an hour... we'll see if that produces stronger tea. after all stronger is better ;) and my seed source isn't always consistently potent

Wow, I finally tried this. And it did indeed work. I probably would have felt more had I not drinken it on a full stomic. However I had gotten home from a dinner engagment and was extreamly stressed out so my plans of saving it for the next day went out the window. It really does taste like a straw milkshake. The effects were noticable within about 20 minutes and gave me a nice relaxing headspace that was surely not placebo, but still not too high. Just enough to take the edge off and work on a web page for a few hours undistracted. Quite Nice. I may have to hit up an easten grocery store sometime soon for better seeds.

why even go through all the work of using a filter and shit if you can just use the "bottle method" which works just as well and is easier to work with and clean up.....using any big plastic bottle that you can fit your seeds/liquid in...then once you are ready to filter, just unscrew the cap slightly, tip the bottle upside down, and squeeze...the juice will come out, but the seeds will stay behind....you might get a few seeds at the most...but hey, who cares....20 poppy seeds in your drink...OH NO!>.....This way is so much easier...no funnel needed...no filter/sock needed....cleanup is just throwing the bottle with the seeds in it away.

You can refilter the seeds 3...even 4 times MAYBE.

^^^^

Yeah I use the loose bottle cap method as well.

I normally use the seeds once or twice. The grapefruit juice ends up costing more than the seeds! It does make enough of a difference though for me to use it every time.

^Seriously. PST aint that bad at all. I can easily stomach 2liters of it with using just water and lemon juice. NOT lemonade.

Oh and have found out over time that using water instead of juice makes a much stronger tea. Just use tagamet for the potentiation. Much more cost effective then buying GFjuice every time.

^Why would you want to use a blender? A quick shake of your bottle, or a mix of the spoon a couple times isn't that hard. I wouldn't risk chopping the poppy seeds all up; it taste like total shit that way, you only need what is on the seeds not in them.

As for the grapefruit debate--buy real grapefruits they are like 50 cents at most and are huge so you can put whatever amount in your mixture and eat the rest yourself. Not only that you can pick the orange ripe ones that taste really good. All processed grapefruit juice taste repulsive, is overpriced and dosen't do a good a job as a real grapefruit at potentiating. I've always found it better than tagamet too.

if you are boiling it down to increase potency, would bringing it to a boil burn off the morphine? do i need to just have it simmering, steaming?