Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

Here's another thought i haven't seen mentioned

fffbh3.jpg

Say you put about half a kilo in that column..

What do you think?

You really need to shake it to get the stuff off the seeds, the old bottle and loosen the lid tactic is the easiest and the most effective.

Yeah i thought about this see, i figured that a fully bottle worth of champagne running over all the poppy seeds would be enough, plus all the bubbles would aid in cleaning the seeds..

To me, it seems little vigorous shaking isn't neccesary and actually makes more water absorb into the seeds. My method is 500g seed, 600ml or so water in 2lt coke bottle, shaken somewhat but left lying on side for most of the time, so as to submerge the seeds more. Opiate is water soluble so shaking shouldn't be neccesary. I wash for 15mins and then drink the yellowish juice, and squeeze the seeds. So I don't get too fucked, I always have a smallish dose first- glad that I did that today, because one small cup has fucked me rightly up:)

Yeah, Morphine is ridiculously water soluble, not much agitation is really needed imo

To be honest, I only shake the bottle of seeds for about 15-20 seconds. You guys are right, it doesn't need more than that really. Letting the seeds sit and soak for any length of time is a bad idea IMO. All it does is let the seeds absorb the water. I don't know if this allows morphine to get into the seeds, but in my experience its always best to shake and squeeze in as short a period of time as possible.

And about using champagne as a solvent... yeesh, I guess you could, that is if you want to get drunk at the same time. Personally, I don't like mixing alcohol and opiates. And shaking a bottle of poppy seeds soaked in champagne is a good way to spray your tea all over the room. Shaking a carbonated beverage usually isn't a good idea in any case. :\

With that diagram it wouldn't involve any shaking, the fizziness of the champagne running over the column of poppy seeds would be enough to adequately clean them :)
With both alcohol and opiates in moderation they can mix very sweetly indeed ;) but you definitely have to be careful i've fucked up a few times (nothing serious, just too much)

Here's an idea or so i've heard, red wine infused with cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, used for poppy seed wash =D

Just a warning to anyone considering alcohol and opiates, some people can get EXTREMELY bad stomach/upper abdomen pains from it.

I got it once from codeine (150mg no apap) and alcohol (3 beers), the pain was so intense I lost feeling in my hands and then passed out and was taken to hospital. I was fine however the pain was similar to what I imagine it would be like being shot, doc seemed to reckon it was intestinal spasms from not liking the combination. I once had it again with only a single beer and poppy tea, however this time I knew what I was in for and managed to get through it. Generally the pains will manifest a few hours after consumption when you are starting to come down.

I've read reports of this happening to other people as well, it really is the most excruciatingly pain I have ever experienced. Would not wish it upon anyone.

Shithouse mate, doesn't sound the best
Luckily i've never experienced that, the worst was a 'sick' feeling is the best way to describe it, like i knew i had drunk and smoked (doobie) too much, but that was blunted by opiates, but at the same time it wasn't and i felt reeeally fucking shit.. sounds nothing like what you went through though

Soak for no more then fifteen- but then allow for a second wash maybe take longer, and squash them seeds. They do absorb a lot I've observed from squeezingthem thru a tea strainer a steady stream of liquid from what appreared to be a solid gun of poppy seed ie. no fluidity. Nice to have a top up dose too. Strangely this stuff makes me hungry. ?? who knows :)

i used to consume huge quantites of all kinds of junk food when high pst. it would make me crave sweet stuff like nobody's business. not so much anymore, but it used to be just a given... when i'd dose with pst, i'd binge on junk food

^^^Thst weird eh, I mean I expected nausea but got the munchies. Go the tea! About to prep a brew now hoo r ay.

Poppy Seed Tea Request

Hello,

I was just surfing the internet looking around for information about making poppy seed tea and came across this board. Could someone please be so kind as to send me an email with a recipe in U.S. measurements please? I don't have email rights here yet, or I would have picked a few of you to email directly.

I would also like to know where to buy seeds, what countries the most effective ones come from (if known) and where to get them, what to look for when buying seeds, and how much seeds you use for one use and the amount of water you use to soak them, and how much of the liquid product that I will have to drink for one use.

I've read so much about it online that my head is spinning.

I am a long term hydrocodone user. Will the effects of poppy seed tea be comparable to feeling I get when I take 4 to 5 ten milligram hydrocodones?

I want to know every single detail about this stuff, if you peeps don't mind sharing. Will be so greatly appreciated!

zombiegirl

First time PST user and first post on Bluelight

Hi All, Just thought I'd let you all know about my experience with PST. I read about the death of a young man due to PST and thought I should try it, the PST not the ODing. I did a bit of research and wondered where the hell I'd find a pound of seed. I found I didn't need a pound. 175g was my first trip. No slurred speech or wobbly legs just a mellow high that lasted all night and was still there the next morning when I went to work. It lasted until noon. I put this down to having eaten before brewing the seeds for a second time.
Method: Boil about half a litre of water in a kettle let stand for 2 minutes then pour over the seeds in a big jar with lemon juice from one of those plastic lemons (add to taste; more can be added later if needed). I shook the jar for about 20 minutes although this is apparently not needed. I put cheesecloth in a potato ricer and the ricer bowl into a container big enough to hold it then pour the resulting mixture in. This step may have to be done twice depending on the size of the ricer. Fold the cloth over the seed and squeeze out the remaining liquid. This is far more effective than squeezing a plastic soda bottle. Add honey and sugar to the resulting solution and drink.
My second try was with 90g and 200ml of water. I was surprised at the result and could still feel it this morning. I also used a different method of preparation.
2nd Method: Put the seed, water and lime juice (from a plastic lime) in a container and microwave until the seed start to rise and fall in the water. Boiling is not needed. I then created a vacuum in the container which caused the water to boil and agitate the seeds. Depending on how strong the vacuum is the water will continue to boil for some 15 minutes. I then put the mixture through the ricer/cheesecloth as above.
I can hear the questions. To create your vacuum you need a pump. For the US I suggest Pump-N-Seal whereas Vacuvin containers are easy to find here in Europe. The Pump-N-seal pump is better and will work with vacuvin stoppers. If you don't know what pump-n-seal or vacuvin are I suggest you google them. Perhaps the second method is too complicated for some but I was answering what I perceived as the challenge of not getting a high from less the 200g of seed despite having done so on my first try.
For the record I'm 75kg. I am not a habitual opiate user but I do enjoy doing h once in a while. I think I'll just do PST instead when I feel like doing h. My drug of choice is grass which I've used more or less daily for the last 30 years. I have also done a wide variety of other drugs so I don't consider myself a novice in this respect.

Any advantages taking Codeine w/ PST?

Does it help to potentate either? Or is it just like taking more of the same?

groverpm - i don't understand why you need to heat/boil the mixture? opiates are perfectly soluble in cold water anyway and all heat does is degrade them.

flat line - usually PST takes ~2hrs to come on. Codeine takes ~15mins. The advantage is that you'll feel the codeine for the first few hours, then instead of coming down you'll get even higher as the PST kicks in.

very nice combo when combined with grapefruit juice + pot.

my 1st attempt at PST i shook the seeds for 20 min. and i didnt really get high.
im wondering how long i should shake or let the seeds sit in the water for. maybe 1 cup and a half of seeds wasnt enough? Does drinkin on an empty stomache make a difference?

10mins max IME. shake every once in a while.

i don't know how much 1.5cups of seeds weigh, but my first time i used 600g and was royally fucked for most of the day (these seeds however might differ to yours, so you might need less or more)

empty stomache = kicks in faster and stronger