• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

yeah mal! you forgot the most important bit? how was smoking it??!?!

was there a rush? did you reach the same level as you would dosing it orally? in the other thread it was concluded that smoking the stuff was really a waste, being too harsh that and really getting you nowhere.

2 alternate methods...

if i do not feel like shaking a bottle for
1/2 hour...

i take my kitchen aid mixer
http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/category.jsp?categoryId=310
put the wire wisk attachment on...
300 grams or so of seeds
enough water to cover,
let it mix on moderate speed for 15 mins.
filter through cheesecloth...
drink.

#2:
put seeds in 2 liter bottle
add usual amount of water
(about 3 inches above seed line)
wrap bottle in sleeping bag,
put in dryer on no heat setting for
1/2 hour.
drink.

note:
i have been doing seed tea for a while
which i find to be unbelieveably effective.
i recently was given a script for vicodin.
took a dose of approx. 50 mg hydocodone...
no effect at all.
no warm fuzzies, nothing. which leads me to safely assume that my tolerance
is through the roof.

Diggitydank420 said:
this is old
so stfu then.

stugots, you dont' have to shake for a half hour, or put em in the dryer for that long... although thats a pretty creative method. just shake for 60 seconds. check my recent posts for my personal updates to the method

Umm... do you really have to shake it vigorously? Wouldn't just putting the seeds in warm water and pouring it work? :D

I'm going to get 66 grams of commercial blue seeds. Those packs (á 22 grams) are labeled SantaMaria. I wonder if you can feel anything, that would give you an idea, if those seeds contain any alkaloids, from such a small amount as 66 g?

Thanks. :)

Survival0200 said:
Umm... do you really have to shake it vigorously? Wouldn't just putting the seeds in warm water and pouring it work? :D

I'm going to get 66 grams of commercial blue seeds. Those packs (á 22 grams) are labeled SantaMaria. I wonder if you can feel anything, that would give you an idea, if those seeds contain any alkaloids, from such a small amount as 66 g?

You wont have much luck under 300 grams ..

Well, I'm not getting high from it, I just wanted to know if they've been washed or not.

But okay, if you say so, I might aswell forget that idea and sometime buy a larger amount at once.

Survival0200 said:

Careful with the water temp and don't get too warm, you'll pull out oils from the seeds and end up with milky-oily extremely nasty tasting tea. You also get a nasty film with warm water, absolutely horrible to drink!

I doubt you'll feel anything with such a tiny amount. If they are meant for growing though, they are most likely not washed and should contain some alkaloids.

Man I cant even stand the smell of poppy seed tea anymore. I used to drink so much of it. I stopped tho.

The smell makes me dry retch .. and that oily stuff on the top ,, thats the worst part.

How much does 1 lb. of seeds typically cost?
And can I find them at Stop&Shop like stores, or should I go to a health food store, or a store like that?
Theres also a chinese grocery store near my favorite chinese restaurant, would seeds there most likley have more morphine?
Do any of the people posting that drink this tea have any prior tolerence to opiates?

You never know if your seeds are weak or strong, its a roll of the dice. Start small around 150g to find how strong they are.

Im 56kg and found some really dope seeds. 300g was enough to make me lucid dream and give me serious speech slurs, it was the cats pygmies .)

I never found it really addictive and went 3 weeks sometimes a couple of weeks between.

But that was me. And remember they can KILL you http://poppyseedtea.com/

The easiest way is to use a blender (half a kilo of seeds and fruit juice) and then use a coffee filter.

malfunkshun said:
Thanks meangirl :)

Here I must point out that if you are not an experienced morphine user, or if this is your first time using poppy seed tea, you probably will not feel any euphoria, although the rubber leg feeling will most likely increase. When I first started using poppy seed tea, I found this feeling to be somewhat unpleasant, but since this was my only method for ingesting opiates, I stuck with it. After a few weeks of continued use, I was finally rewarded with a euphoric buzz. However, there is a threshold where the rubbery leg feeling graduates to euphoria, and if you haven't ingested enough tea, even if you are experienced, you won't cross this threshold. Unless another dose is taken you'll miss out on the euphoria.

The buzz isn't as good as say, three vicodins kicked in with a 40 mg ms contin (my prefered cocktail), but it is decent and lasts for approximately 6 - 8 hours. You can re-dose at least once during the trip with about half the original amount and it will kick in the buzz back to its original strength. If you're going to spend the day high on poppy seed tea, it is best to do it as early in the day as possible. I find it impossible to sleep unless a good 14 - 18 hours have passed since I originally drank the tea, and I usually need to pop about 6 benadryls. If you've re-dosed, you can forget about sleeping for a while. Also, tolerance will quickly increase if you use poppy seed tea every day. Over the course of about a month, when I first started using it, my tolerance went up by about half. Eventually, it was taking three times the original amount to get high.

So, using this method, assuming you have some potent seeds, will definitely get you high. It's time consuming, and kind of a hassle, but once you've gone through the process several times you forget about all that and it becomes routine. WARNING: this method of using opiates is just as addictive as popping pure morphine pills. The withdrawals are just as horrible, and the cravings are just as intense. I come upon this knowledge based on almost two years of constant use, and dealing with an addiction like this is no picnic. Poppy seeds are legal, and they're cheap when purchased in bulk. In my opinion, this makes them even more dangerous than street drugs. Anyone who decides to go this route with their opiate experimentation, you've been warned.

you drank 2 pound of filtered seeds at once? the first time i ever used a narcotic, i felt euphoria right away.. its a hard high to miss. you say you have a hard time sleeping? why is this? narcotics always make me all warm and able to sleep if i wanted to. 6 bendadryls? thats insane yo

i guess it effects everyone differently. and when you say 'narcotics', you're talking about a wide spectrum of drugs. poppy seed tea has a lot of morphine and not so much codeine, compared to drugs like vocodin and tylenol 3 which are either codeine or codeine derivatives. codeine makes me sleepy. morphine wakes me up (although hydrocodone has the tendency to wake me up too). i never go into a 'nod', never. i'm always active when high on an opiate.

and i built up a tolerance to the benadryls because i have to take the bastards so much to sleep off the end of a poppy seed buzz :\

edit:
hitomaro said:
also further, i pour grapefruit juice straight into the bottle and i use that instead of water, i read your post about juice making it less potent, so ill try water next time, but but this is just a little warning

if you are using juice like i do straight up, dont leave the bottle to sit once youve emptied it for a while. little did i know at the time that the shit ferments, and well releases gases. now this builds pressure, a LOT of pressure.

basically in my bathroom (where i was going to empty the seeds down the sink) all i remembered is white and a very loud POP. i open my eyes and fuck me dead, poppy seeds are EVERYWHERE. the damn lid popped off when i undid it and blew about half of the contents (300g) of poppy seeds all over the goddamn bathroom, wet, sticky, poppyseeds at that.

i had poppy seeds on my clothes in my hair EVEN IN MY FUCKING EYES it was that bad. most fucking hilarious thing ever when my sister walked in, the walls caked with seeds, myself included with this dumbfounded 'wtf' look on my face. it took me a good 30minutes to clean up.

anyways morale of the story, just make sure if you dont leave it long, and if you do unscrew the lid SLOWLY so you can release the gases SLOWLY.

i don't know how i missed that the first time but i almost crapped my shorts laughing :D and yeah, it does build up pressure. i've never had a bottle explode on me like that, but i've had one crack down the side from the pressure. didn't explode, just CRACKED and sort of deflated.

Last edited:
There is a much easier way. You can just mix the seeds with water and drink the sludgy seed/water mix.

It is the easiest and most efficient way to get high off poppy seeds, nothing is wasted. Plus it tastes good until your body figures out what you're doing to it and conditions you to hate the taste.

HottButtaz said:
There is a much easier way. You can just mix the seeds with water and drink the sludgy seed/water mix.

It is the easiest and most efficient way to get high off poppy seeds, nothing is wasted. Plus it tastes good until your body figures out what you're doing to it and conditions you to hate the taste.

uhh.... do wha? why would you want to consume the actual seeds? there is no morphine in them, and if you REALLY want to get EVERY LAST BIT, you can always rinse them again but there really isn't much morphine left after the first rinse. i can't imagine trying to choke down a pound or more of seeds :p

I tried this one last time and it made me feel very uncomfortable, nauseous, horrible pains between lungs and stomach (similar to when I took codeine and alcohol) made me very sleepy as well. No high at all just sickness and groggy.

I'm out, not worth it, makes me feel sick just thinking about drinking it. Other few times were definitely better but not good enough to bother. Drinking more just increased the tiredness/sick feeling not the high for me.

^Try the pods, you get more content from less starting material and it doesn't taste anywhere near as bad as the seed stuff. I can't even think about seeds anymore after my last experience with them, not even going to tell y'all about it, it was that bad!