• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

No picture. And it is a bulk buy. That's why I was a bit confused. I guess my term of 'packet' was a little misleading.

man man man!!!! i used to make tea all the time! my friends all thought i was nuts. i used seeds from the mexican grocery store (they seem to be unwashed)

i found that cheese cloth is a really good thing to use. i would put the seeds in a pitcher with some lime, add about 4 parts water 1 part alcohol, and stir. then pour it into another pitcher through the cheescloth, making sure to squeeze all the liquid out at the end.

mmmmmmmmm-hhmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
take a benadryl and some tagamet first though!

haha ppl have already talked about the chheese cloth. sorry i didnt really read much , i was just happy when i was this thred

cheese cloth? again...use the fucking bottle method. It's covered in the very first post of this beligerantly long thread

Doesnt feel like opiates

It only has the sedative effects of opiates, i dont feel any euphoria from poppy seed tea, or really much else besides sedation and some stomache aches. :/ not the best replacement.

my first time experience with PST...

virgin user of poppy seeds... here is my first time trip report.. :)

thanx to the many posts from users who influenced the way i went about this..

bought 300gr of supermarket grade poppy seeds and 1L fresh orange juice..

to begin - experimented with 200gr of seeds with 500ml OJ as per instructions from forum.. shook furiously for 10mins, let sit for 5, shook again. etc.

filtered juice through stocking and drank.

Consumed the filtered OJ with the aid of wine. Taste wasn't as bad as reports would believe which made me think i had not made it strong enough. No distanct earth or sickly taste.

some 20-30mins later, felt some twinges of euphoria, although distant and inconspicuous. definite signs of extra-alcohol related feelings, but nothing too momentus.

after another hr or so, mixed in another 100gr of fresh poppy seed (to the existing mix) and another 500ml of OJ. Tried the different approach of intermittent shaking and non-shaking for 10/15min sessions over an hour and then filtered again.

After another hour, drank the juice that came through along with some wine and had a more intense episode of euphoria, although still seems subtle and i wonder if i'm doing it correctly. Feel good, but i think some weed and mdma would go nicely to complememt.

There is definately something there, but it would take the right seeds to get there. I'll be having a look among the local asian supermarkets in my area for something more raw.

I can only speak from a first-time user and say that the experience got some results, but don't expect anything too exceptional. Maybe with more refinement, experimentation, etc as has been suggested, the experience could be intensified, but this would take time and experimentation to determine yr own levels of comfortableness.
I like the idea of smoking it, but sounds complex at a glance. Is it really that difficult and is it worth it?

I think it depends on the seeds. Seeds have sometimes given me mild euphoria and sometimes made me over sedated long before giving me any kind of rush.

I put a handful of poppy seeds in some tomato soup (which is more acidic than vitamin C btw) and took about 10mg of hydrocodone, and I thought I was going to pass out and stop breathing or maybe sleep for a hundred years, but it wasnt that enjoyable.

so to make poppy seed tea, just pour all your seeds (i.e. a pound) into a big bottle with a twist-on cap, shake it up, loosen the cap and let all the liquid out into a bottle, then drink? no boiling water or anything?

^correct. You squeeze the bottle though, it'd take forever if you just held it upside down with a loose cap. Dont make it too lose or it'll obviously fall off. Keep in mind that not only does everyone's tolerance and needed dosage vary, but more so does the fact that the potency of seeds vary dramatically from place to place. Although the same store usually will have the same potency seeds for long periods (because it's the same batch and not many people buy up all their seeds/durh)

It only has the sedative effects of opiates, i dont feel any euphoria from poppy seed tea, or really much else besides sedation and some stomache aches. :/ not the best replacement.

1)"...only has the sedative effects of opiates.." No, this shit is literally opium water. It is not only an opiate, but more like 4 different opiates: morphine, codiene, theibane, and papaver..plus many synergistic alkaloids that add to the already "earthy" high.
2) You either didn't get/use enough seeds or they were a very weak batch of seeds. The potency of seeds varies so damn much it's not even funny. It actually fucking sucks for people that are dependent on seed tea. For god's sake get pods. But no, you're wrong, they definately get you messed the fuck up and in a really nice way. I personally think that too many people have fucked around with seeds because of it being posted on the net/kids (and anyone really) wanting a legal easy high, and many places carry only washed seeds now. I've noticed this in essentially the whole county/around the city where I live. Places like ebay don't even sell pods anymore. The pod/seed biz has been exposed for too long.
3) What you're looking for are seeds that are a very deep dark blue hue in color, black even. If it looks like they are more on the grey side, and/or they are "peppered" with way lighter, even whiter looking ones, then they are most likely washed and very VERY weak...if they'll even work at all.

If you ever come acrossed good seeds, try it again. Also keep in mind, you may need "a lot"/a lot. I can't believe that quite a number of people in here talk about dosing like 500grams at the most. That's like an ounce or so. When I was very opiate naive, I still needed at least a few pounds. After going through "the life", post methadone and suboxone/yada yada...I had to use more like 10-12lbs each time. I don't abuse shit anymore though and if I could even find any good seeds in the first place, something more like 4-6lbs would fuck me up pretty good. Everyone that I've gotten to try this in the past, they all nodded really hard and got fucking trashed. Like the other poster a few posts above me said, there's definately a stimulating quality to them at times...imo it's essentially every time, but also depends on the mood and mindset someone was already in. It's generally part of the "opium water" high though, and then once all the opiates in it get latched to the receptors and the other alkaloids in it kick in, it becomes very sedative and one will tend to nod out..depending on the dose, pass out entirely. This stuff is the real deal..it's not like a "legal weed" substitute. Opiates are opiates.

I just felt compelled to type that out and help revalidate this thread, because about once in a while someone will say it doesn't work. While I don't want to attract any more attention to seeds by people that aren't us, I feel it's more important for people to know that they work and that they're strong depending of course on dosgage/tolerance. The last thing any of us and anyone in general needs is another overdose from this stuff. "They're not working! I don't get it, I heard they definately do. I know, I'll try a fuckload instead excetera!"....*ER/dead*...another webpage made by the parents dedicated to letting us all know the dangers of it...especially law enforcement, congressmen and stupid ass news reporters and worse online journalists.

K, I'll stfu now..I'm ruining my own high. ha. -happy nods,,,don't scratch so much guys. :|8)

I have been making poppy tea for about 6 months, this thread is actually what introduced me to the BL forum which I love! But I never read the actual updated way of making the tea until recently so I gave it a try tonight.

I must say, making the tea with water instead of GF juice is pretty fucking aweful. I used a 1.25 pounds of seeds that I get from a local restaurant store(they sell bulk supplies for restaurants, including spices!) and I have great luck with their seeds, though this batch doesn't seem to have as much plant material as I've seen in the past. I used to use cheese cloth to filter, but I went ahead and used the unscrewed cap technique and was very impressed! I went ahead and made one more batch of tea with the seeds and managed to gulp all that down too.

Its weird, the first sip I took of the water, I was like "this isnt so bad, like swallowing lake water" but as I went on it got harder and harder to drink. It reminded me of the time I ate fresh shrooms, the first one wasnt so bad, but by the 4th cap, I wanted to puke.

Just joined the forum.

I have a little over 2 kilos of seeds I have been saving from poppy pods for the last year, suffice to say the seeds should be pretty high quality since the pods are excellent.

Anyways, I was looking for a use for all my seeds other then the obvious and came across the forum.

Going to make a batch with 600 grams and will report on the effects in mg comparison to other opiates.

Oh and if you have never tried opiates before don't! The taste is to good.

can someone pm me a decent place to get seeds. I went to a place and the quality was very very poor. thanks in advance

Just joined the forum.

I have a little over 2 kilos of seeds I have been saving from poppy pods for the last year, suffice to say the seeds should be pretty high quality since the pods are excellent.

Anyways, I was looking for a use for all my seeds other then the obvious and came across the forum.

Going to make a batch with 600 grams and will report on the effects in mg comparison to other opiates.

Oh and if you have never tried opiates before don't! The taste is to good.

From what I have read/heard (I have not tested this), seeds that come from dried pods are pretty useless. The seeds that have trace amounts of "goodies" on them are harvested from fresh pods. Seed companies don't wait for the pods to dry before removing the seeds. When a fresh pod is crushed to get the seeds, some of the latex leaks onto the seeds. Once a pod has been dried, the latex becomes "locked" in the walls of the pod. Thus, no goodies leak onto the seeds when the seeds are removed. Let is know what you find.

can someone pm me a decent place to get seeds. I went to a place and the quality was very very poor. thanks in advance

Sourcing is not allowed. I believe this even applies to poppy seeds, but I'm not positive.

Hey folks; got my own PST trip report here somewhere, if you want to try my method. Just have to say; am back on the prescription opes again but as usually, finish too soon. SWIM has resorted to PST to curb withdrawals and have to say, they are IDEAL for this, man. From shaking, sweating, puking-sick to calm and able to sleep in less than 20 minutes.

God bless the poppy, thank God for those seeds~

Experienced user's two cents + trip report

First of all the required preach...

Opiate use is *very* addictive. I have a friend who uses every day, twice a day and has for years and has tried several times to stop with no success to date. It has robbed him of his drive, $$, teeth, hygiene etc.

Just know what you are getting in to...for everything this beautiful drug gives it takes back with interest...know this and you will be ok...or maybe still not...that's how dangerous it is.

Now, as for me, I am no better or stronger than anyone else...I have found a method that works so far for me (so far) but again not without the required interest payments. I use Fridays/Saturdays..exclusively...no matter what those are the only days...it *will* speak to you and whisper about how a mid-week treat would be so very nice...it *will* tell you that just the one exception is fine, that this day was oh so stressful...rules are meant to be bent after all! Don't listen...you need to stick to the rules or stop playing.

Even twice a week I have mild withdrawal symptoms, particularly if I dose twice per day on those two days. 48 hours later on Monday I am an irritable dog...I get muscle twitches (mild) and mild restless leg...runny eyes but by Wednesday generally I am all better.

Also, just to dispel the myth, seeds *can* be every bit as powerful as straw...or more so...or weaker...but please don't assume all seeds are weak and definitely watch your dosage...while it is true the kid on the net died with a combo of other drugs in his system...each person has different levels of health and you could still hurt yourself in other ways.

Methods:

12"x12" cotton dress shirt required for straw method (or cheese cloth) but only for seed method if you want *zero* seeds in your brew:

Seeds

- In a 2 litre rubbermaid jug add 500gm of seeds. Add 1 1/2 cups of lukewarm water. close lid and shake it up-down...left-right...upside down...repeat for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Place filter cloth over top of cup to catch stray seeds...not required but if you want *zero* seeds do it.
- Open lid and slowly lean it so that just the water pours out...most of the seed will stop halfway up the chamber...the more water that drains the more resistant the seeds get to spilling out...so just keep slowly leaning the jug.
- Rinse repeat for a 2nd press...this method is much easier to clean than a 2 liter bottle as you don't have a narrow spout...don't require a funnel...so also less prone to seed spillage (which can be a thing of hellish proportions as you will be finding seeds for years).

Pod Straw

12"x12" cotton dress shirt fragment (or industrial strength kitchen paper, cheese cloth etc)
Measuring cup

Measurements are based on finely ground pod straw, proceed with caution as your results may vary!

I have found through long experience that your *average* (again results always vary!) dose equivalent of average strength pod straw to seed is 500g of seed to 3/8 cup finely ground straw or 1 kilo (~2 lbs) seed to 3/4 cup of finely ground straw...

- In measuring cup add straw and 1 1/2 cups of lukewarm water.
- Mix with spoon for 1 minute
- Place filter over pint mug or large cup and press down so the filter can capture entire contents (picture it being able to hold a golf ball)
- Pour contents into filter...let percolate down
- now...fold sides of filter hanging over glass up and place thumb and forefinger just above bulge of straw and slowly twist the flaps in a spiral while gently squeezing (like milking a cow) the straw ball. Straw will become hard and form into a ball
- place drained straw ball back into measuring cup (will be like a dried golfball that breaks apart into several large dried chunks)
- add water and repeat steps for a 2nd press. 3rd press is usually not necessary.

Trip report

For me I can feel it coming on usually back of throat and neck anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 mins (depending on stomach contents at the time). Followed by feelings of euphoria and well being...I liken this to waves of childhood nostalgia...saturday morning cartoons mixed with the pleasure of just being.

Most things are enjoyable purely as a spectator...involvement for me is usually video games but I wouldn't have the drive to go hiking...work out...woodwork etc. I enjoy just being and watching shows etc.

Peaks at about 2 to 3 hours...gone by about 4 to 6 hours but leaving trace feelings of well being for another possible 12 to 16 hours (or more). It can power you through the worst of chick flicks beside your loved one with a smile on your face.

Knowledge is power

Now for the not so fun parts...possible side effects (don't be shocked they are normal) are urinary restriction (having to pee but it not coming out unless forced over several minutes), constipation the next few days (can be as bad as ab tearing/hernia potential) and the stuff I mentioned at the start...yes just after a few uses each week (mild...but present!).

The sweet nothings this drug will whisper to you are sinister and dark...many will fold...as your own brain becomes your enemy (yes that sinister) you are best off never trying it...if you do...consider yourself warned and be safe!

Last edited:
Are the seeds from dried poppy pods any good to make tea with? I've heard they are and they aren't so I'm a bit confused.. a bit dope sick and have left over seeds so can anyone clarify this?

This is my first post and i did so responding to this post because SWIM have read all responses about 12 times and wanted me to respond for them. SWIM used to eat 20+ viks per day, only stopping because they were put in a situation where they could not longer any, then when being able to again was introduced to oxycontin. SWIM's father used to slam so i guess there was an automatic tolerance (it was obvious even with viks). SWIM ended up needing roughly 240 MG per day to get tooting, and eventually because of money reasons dropped down to 80. I doubt everyone cares about the life story of SWIM but i figured the backstory was somewhat important because of tolerance. I watched SWIM read through these posts non-stop, go to an organic foodstore and buy out the seeds (for muffins, im guessing). On the way home..in a horrible snow-storm with broken windshield wipers, continue to read the posts via his cell phone.

Anyways, he got himself 1 1/2 lbs, some lemon juice, and graphite juice (not to mix with the seeds, but more for both a means of extending the time desired effect and for chaser reasons, apparently it is not the most pleasant taste. The timing was kind of odd because he was only "clean" for four days, starting reading up on alternate means and stupidly went with another opioid. Either way, using the method describes by the initial poster, SWIM used the 1 1/2 lbs (which oddly enough fit the description of what a lot of people say is weak - but it was not apparently). After downing roughly half, and yielding to the words of other posters to pause and wait (this is not a method that swim seems to like very much) so finished the rest. SWIM started to convince himself he got washed up seeds, or did something wrong, or didn't get enough and so began drinking his beer (that he got as a backup plan). Anyways something finally happened. It wasnt super intense but gradually worked its way in, he was telling me, and leveled at a nice warm, semi-euphoric, state. I am only sharing SWIM's story for people like him, who wanted to know what could possibly occur the first time, with a certain amount, and with a certain tolerance. He's sitting next to me now, and about four hours in is chilling nicely. His cognitive skills are slightly blurred, yet feels forced to socialize (not as much as SWIM did off OC but hey, maybe next time, with more, diff seeds, etc). There is an Indian store located relatively close and considering the organic store he went to is now out of seeds, is going to give it another whirl tomorrow. SWIM wanted to thank everyone for their posts, they were of immense help, and wants me to FINALLY stop typing so he can enjoy watching the wire for the 8th time.