Skip to here if you are new to this thread and just want to know the best way to make the tea. The process has been updated as myself and other peeps gained experience.
Ok, I've been drinking poppy seed tea like a madman lately to get my opiate buzz because I have no sources anymore for pharmaceuticals. Sad, yes, but effective. With all of my experimenting, I have refined the process to a relatively easy method for making the tea. Most everybody knows how to do this by now, but this last little improvement to the method saves a lot of time and makes it a lot easier.
1. Buy a pound of poppy seeds, bulk, usually they're pretty cheap this way.
2. Buy a a couple of 2 liter containers of fruit juice, something non carbonated to make the tea with.
3. Remove the cap from one juice container, and if you have access to a drill with a teeny tiny drill bit, drill about 20 or 30 holes in the cap. Or, you can just use a really small nail and puncture the cap 20 or 30 times.
4. Remove all of the juice except for about 500 ml (be sure and reserve the excess juice in another container), add the seeds with a funnel (I use a piece of paper wrapped into a funnel shape and taped to hold its shape), and put the other cap (the one without holes) on the juice bottle.
5. Shake continuously and vigorously for 20 minutes, let sit for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the cap, and replace it with the one with the holes. Find a container (I use an empty pickle jar) and SQUEEZE the juice into the jar. Doing it this way filters the juice, and zero seeds get into your tea. Keep squeezing until you've gotten all the juice out that you can.
7. Drink, of course. Then, pour another 500 ml back into the poppy seed container, and shake this again for another 20 minutes. You will be able to use your seeds twice like this, with minimum hassle. I usually get 2 good doses from a pound of seeds.
Hope that helps some of you poppy seed tea fiends.
edit - 7/15/2006: Check my most recent post, I have updated this process.