• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invalid Usename

Bluelighter
http://www.teamamberalert.net/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7176

DEA, Local Police Bust Georgia's First Meth ''Super-Lab''

Tuesday, February 15

Atlanta Georgia USA--Just days after the Drug Enforcement Administration made its largest-ever meth seizure in Georgia, agents have dismantled the largest meth lab ever seen in the state.

Acting on tips from neighbors who'd smelled strong chemical scents coming from the home, authorities started investigating the suspected drug manufacturing.

They found the home's residents had been dumping large quantities of liquids in the yard, and had been shopping for extremely large quantities of Drano and muriatic acid-two chemicals which can be used to make methamphetamine. The February 9 raid at 200 Church Road in Smyrna found a massive meth-making operation in the basement.

Three Mexican nationals were arrested in the ongoing investigation. The Feds say a lab of this size is virtually unheard-of on the east coast, where "Mom and Pop" clandestine labs have been the rule.

Less than two weeks ago, DEA Special Agent in Charge Sherri Strange told WSB's Veronica Waters increased metro Atlanta methamphetamine trafficking is simply based on supply and demand.

"If they can get it from the border and it's manufactured and it's cheaper, then they will go to that. If they can't get it, then they'll revert to manufacturing because it is cheap and easy to manufacture," said Strange.

She was speaking about the evidence that Georgia has a growing meth trade; agents had just seized the largest-ever shipment seen in the state--125 pounds of suspected "ice," which is the purest, most powerful and addictive form of methamphetamine.

Meth cooking isn't dependent upon Mother Nature and limited by growing cycles, like cocaine, marijuana, or heroin.

"You don't need acres and acres of cultivating plants or plant material at all," Strange explains. "You can simply go into a house, buy the chemicals, dump and pour and cook."

That, she says, is what was happening in the basement of a Smyrna home...for how long, authorities don't yet know. But this is the first ever "super-lab" found in Georgia; by far, most are in California and Mexico. While the average meth lab makes up to two ounces a day, this lab could make at least 10 pounds of "cook" every 24 hours.

"We seized 39.5 pounds of methamphetamine, and 11 pounds ice," said Strange. "In addition, we found about 250 gallons or more of sludge and liquids in various stages of the methamphetamine manufacturing process." Agents also discovered 24 trash bags full of empty pseudoephedrine bottles-which they believe once contained about 240,000 pills.

It's another sign of how meth use is on the rise---and how Atlanta has become the southeast's distribution point for the drug. Strange says agents gauge a drug's popularity with an informal canvass of treatment centers. "Those who said that their primary drug was cocaine--that is decreasing now, and those who are admitting themselves stating that methamphetamine is their primary drug has increased by 10% in the past year," Strange says.

Agent Strange says it's alarming because meth and ice are the most powerful stimulants on the market today. They can cause heart and brain damage, psychotic behavior, hallucinations, and paranoia.

"It will create a new generation of addicts," she says.

Re: Stupid IS as stupid DOES: Police Bust Georgia's First Meth ''Super-Lab''

They found the home's residents had been dumping large quantities of liquids in the yard
I hope these bastards get life. :X

They have no business doing this in a residential area in the first place (it was a residential neighborhood - with kids on bikes, dogs, cats, etc.). But to be poring that shit in the yard where an animal or child could end up being exposed to it, shows the utmost disrespect to life in general that they need to be removed from the equation.

Meth labs are dangerous, and people shouldn't be making pharmaceuticals in their bathtubs. They don't know what they are doing and it is the formula for disaster.

And if prohibition were abolished people like this would have NO incentive to make drugs because there would be no profit in it for them.

Re: Stupid IS as stupid DOES: Police Bust Georgia's First Meth ''Super-Lab''

Agent Strange says it's alarming because meth and ice are the most powerful stimulants on the market today. They can cause ... psychotic behavior, hallucinations, and paranoia.
WRONG! Those are cause by extreme sleep deprivation.

Meth users need to have harm reduction pounded into their heads: SLEEP and EAT.

They can bust, and legislate and increase prison time all that they want, but it will not deal with the problems. Doing that will only make the problems worse.

"Just Say 'Don't Know'!" is as stupid as what it attempts to achieve.

[edit: racist remarks will not be tolerated; next one gets a warning]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have known many people who have immigrated here from Mexico to Argentina, and all of them have been real salt of the earth folks, whom I have been proud to call my friend.

This kind of crowd that was making meth in a bathtub, and exposing their neighborhood to toxic waste, exists in each and every racial group. They are selfish morons.

Personally, I would prefer to see them serve a life sentence in Mexico rather than in the US. They don't spend $40,000 to $85,000 per prisoner per year down there, and the accommodations aren't as "plush." :X

Re: Re: Stupid IS as stupid DOES: Police Bust Georgia's First Meth ''Super-Lab''

Invalid Usename said:

Meth labs are dangerous, and people shouldn't be making pharmaceuticals in their bathtubs. They don't know what they are doing and it is the formula for disaster.
how you know?

anywayz, the solution is quite simple: legalise...

Re: Re: Re: Stupid IS as stupid DOES: Police Bust Georgia's First Meth ''Super-Lab''

Mind_Movie said:
how you know?
Well, these guys were pouring loads of chemicals in to their yard. 8(

The chemical processes involved produce toxic chemicals as a byproduct, and many of the chemicals that go into it are likewise toxic.

The use of EPA certified safety suits for the chemical clean up of meth lab sites is not due to simple hysteria or prohibitionist "drama."

Mind_Movie said:
anywayz, the solution is quite simple: legalise...
You are preaching to the choir. See my posts regarding legalizing and regulating methamphetamine:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=180727&r=42

:)

Please don't confuse my complaints about "meth labs" in urban areas, with the arguments put forth by the prohibitionists. Take away prohibition, and the unregulated meth labs which are public health hazards will disappear overnight.

Like I said earlier:

Invalid Usename said:
I hope these bastards get life. :X

They have no business doing this in a residential area in the first place (it was a residential neighborhood - with kids on bikes, dogs, cats, etc.). But to be poring that shit in the yard where an animal or child could end up being exposed to it, shows the utmost disrespect to life in general that they need to be removed from the equation.

And if prohibition were abolished people like this would have NO incentive to make drugs because there would be no profit in it for them.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupid IS as stupid DOES: Police Bust Georgia's First Meth ''Super-La

Invalid Usename said:
Originally posted by Mind_Movie
how you know?
Well, these guys were pouring loads of chemicals in to their yard. 8(

I was reacting to "They don't know what they are doing".

anywayz, dumping toxic waste in your backyard (article only speaks about liquid) is not done.. :|

Considering the quantity of meth they were producing, I'd say that yes, they did know what they were doing. That doesnt justify dumping toxic chemicals into the earth though, I agree.

I hope those fuckers get life.

Invalid user name. So you think one could use meth for years and years on end, and it wouldn't have any negative impacts on their health so long as they ate and slept every day?

Aside from the obvious, smoking the shit is bad for your lungs and teeth, and snorting it will eventually tear a whole through your nose.

I'm not questioning what you know, I'm asking a serious question. I'm curious to know.

There's a fairly strong link between amphetamine use and psychosis even among people who use it in a relatively sensible fashion (e.g. people who take it as prescribed for A.D.D.)

It doesn't mean that psychosis is an inevitable consequence or anything, but it is likely to trigger psychosis in vulnerable individuals.

....I'm just wondering how you get your hands on 240,000 pseudoephedrine tablets...

maybe they have a pseudoephedrine tablet dispenser, like the candy dispensers, at their house and they just unscrwed the top and took them all out instead of paying 25cents each for them.

(replying to DexterMeth)

If they ate and slept every day, they cant be using much meth :p

Infact, there ARE people who consume meth every day. Legally. By prescription.

Its called Desoxyn

I wonder how many of these patients suffer terrible evil side effects such as psychosis? :p

Though, they're using it therepeutically... lol...

meth is a lot of fun - but its easy for people to go overboard with the shit!

staying up for days on end and cracking out, thats not the drugs fault. thats the fault of dumbasses.

still, i wonder what damage meth does to the psyche. even if used sparringly.

Re: Re: Stupid IS as stupid DOES: Police Bust Georgia's First Meth ''Super-Lab''

Invalid Usename said:
WRONG! Those are cause by extreme sleep deprivation.

No you're wrong, as a former heavy meth user and lifelong insomniac i assure you its the effects of meth though the problem is exacerbated by sleep deprivation and a lack of food.

Last edited:
armadilliO said:

Infact, there ARE people who consume meth every day. Legally. By prescription.

Its called Desoxyn

Yeah but they take it orally which isn't NEARLY as effective as snorting, smoking or shooting it.

As for me, I hate the shit. I did meth once (snorted) and the high was good but it just wasn't worth the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.