• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will the police do with 200kg's worth of xtacy? That is an unbileveable amount!! All it would take is one dirty cop on the inside to snatch a few kg's and it would pay for his retiriment!

3ch0 said:
Wow, I didn't know that much ecstacy was produced in the US, because of how hard it is to get the chemicals.

Richmond is by Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada.

I was wondering if this was Richmond the Capital of Virginny. I thought this was a little odd to be happening in the Love State.

O my bad. Thought it was Richmond... Idk, it is the capital of something. One thing I remember form those state capital tests. ;)

He must have done this before to be so careless.... When your talking those amounts you think it would be abit more thought out, alot of jail time

MaliceNwunderland said:
200 keys of liquid? Anyone know what that would transalate to in pill form?
200 kilos of MDMA base equals 238 kilos of MDMA hydrochloride. If you put 100 mg in each pill that's around 2.4 million pills (good pills that is).

DAMN!

If they are making that much mdma, where is it all going?? I dont see many high mdma content pills on pillreports lately, and there is no mention of meth being found with these labs, which I find odd because its the asians (chinese an korean) that are pumping out all these meth pills. Maybe this will make a a dent in that market, or cripple an already struggling mdma market.

redeemer said:
200 kilos of MDMA base equals 238 kilos of MDMA hydrochloride. If you put 100 mg in each pill that's around 2.4 million pills (good pills that is).

DAMN!

Makes you think that there must be a fair few big labs in the world like this one... 2.4 million pills is a shit load, but... I don't know what the consumption levels are like in North America but, for example, that would only keep the UK ecstasy market in supply for something like 10-14 days !

I cant believe a person could be that relaxed when operating in that business... 600keys would not fit in a cigarette packet and would not easily pass through customs in a pocket ect, how could a person be so stupid?

therollingstoner said:
If they are making that much mdma, where is it all going?? I dont see many high mdma content pills on pillreports lately, and there is no mention of meth being found with these labs, which I find odd because its the asians (chinese an korean) that are pumping out all these meth pills. Maybe this will make a a dent in that market, or cripple an already struggling mdma market.

Vancouver (Richmond) is a huge producer of MDMA in Canada. The chinese in Richmond have great contacts (and of course speak the language!) in asian countries that just so happen to produce all the chemicals necessary to make the drug.

Most of the product would probably go through the hells angels to the Unites States - it's just far more profitable than selling it in Canada for 1/2 the price.

The province, British Columbia' has a very well organized mafia (asian/hells angels).... there is very little violence and alot of cashola being made. And the population is small enough in the province that the gangs can bribe quite a few officials... the RCMP has a very confrontational approach to the government there (at least past governments) and have tried to investigate previous premiers (governors) of the province for links to the Hells Angels.

The Vancouver Sun
17 September 2005

Link

RCMP raid second home ecstasy lab

RICHMOND - Another clandestine drug lab used to produce the illegal drug ecstasy was closed down by police Friday after they raided a second Richmond residence owned by realtor Alfred Luk.

The sophisticated labs are clearly linked to an Asian organized crime group, said RCMP Sgt. Dave Goddard of the Vancouver Drug Section.

"There has to be an organization or a network of people doing this," he said. "You can't put this together by yourself."

The Friday raid on the house at 5111 Steveston Hwy. was carried out by members of the Richmond RCMP and the Waterfront Joint Forces Operation.

The home was primarily used to produce ecstasy because it did not appear to be lived in, police said.

Health Canada officials initially entered the Steveston residence to assess the potential dangers of toxic chemicals found in the illegal drug lab so investigators could begin removing chemicals from the crime scene.

Police seized a "significant" quantity of chemicals, including sodium borohydride, from the home, which they said is owned by Luk, who worked as a realtor at the Sutton-Seafair Realty office in Richmond before his arrest a day earlier.

On Thursday, police seized 200 kilograms of liquid ecstasy from another Richmond home at 6651 No. 5 Rd. That house was also owned by Luk, whose photograph appeared on a large realty "sold" sign at the front of the home.

Luk could not initially be located by police but turned himself in at the Richmond RCMP detachment at 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Four other suspects were arrested earlier.

Police arrested a sixth man Friday after executing another search warrant at a Burnaby residence. Police believe the latest suspect in custody is the person who illegally imported a 600-kilogram shipment of sodium borohydride, a chemical used to manufacture ecstasy.

The chemical had been shipped to a Richmond residence from Shanghai, China. Police estimated the chemical shipment could have produced 15 million of ecstasy pills worth more than $300 million on the street. The majority of the chemical was seized at a Richmond warehouse.

The liquid ecstasy found in the first seizure was enough to make $15 million worth of ecstasy pills, police said.

Luk's website (luckyestate.com) says he previously worked as a computer programmer for the B.C. Central Credit Union and CN Rail.

The website says he previously attended Simon Fraser University, the B.C. Institute of Technology, Concordia University and the University of Toronto, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree.

RCMP Supt. Ward Clapham, the officer in charge of the Richmond detachment, said earlier that he's glad to see drug labs being shut down because ecstasy is a dangerous drug with the potential to kill young people.

Last week, a 13-year-old girl from a Victoria suburb died from a drug overdose after taking what she thought was ecstasy. In fact, it is believed she ingested a form of crystal methamphetamine.

The RCMP credited other agencies involved in the Richmond investigation, including the RCMP Border Integrity Unit, which led the investigation, and Transport Canada, which initially notified police of the shipment, as well as the Canada Border Services Agency, Vancouver police, Delta police, the Richmond fire department and the B.C. Ambulance service.

Luk was charged Friday under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act with the unlawful production of ecstasy.

Also charged are Patrick Dan Chang, Tik Shwn Ngai, Ka Wan Chan and Kai Ming Fung. The latter two are Chinese nationals from Hong Kong, while Chang and Ngai are from Vancouver.

They are charged with a variety of drug offences and are scheduled to appear in Richmond provincial court Monday. More charges are pending, police said.

All five men remained in custody Friday.

Gee, I guess that guys personal use must have really snow-balled!

Smyth said:
Gee, I guess that guys personal use must have really snow-balled!

*drum rol* *cymbol crash*

ha ha

*drools...* MDMA powder the size of a snowball.. that ='s a GREAT new years party every year for the rest of my and my friend's lives!

sometimes i wonder if certain mafias and otherwise crime organizations do things liek this just to get the authorities looking in the wrong direction. Like if this LUK guy owed his neck in money and was willing to take the fall so that the real shit could slip by undetected...never know.

^A good theroy, but do you think they would have let them get that much money in chemicals/ecstacy. I would think they would have left enough, but not over 15 million dollars worth.

lifeisforliving said:
Vancouver (Richmond) is a huge producer of MDMA in Canada. The chinese in Richmond have great contacts (and of course speak the language!) in asian countries that just so happen to produce all the chemicals necessary to make the drug.

Most of the product would probably go through the hells angels to the Unites States - it's just far more profitable than selling it in Canada for 1/2 the price.

The province, British Columbia' has a very well organized mafia (asian/hells angels).... there is very little violence and alot of cashola being made. And the population is small enough in the province that the gangs can bribe quite a few officials... the RCMP has a very confrontational approach to the government there (at least past governments) and have tried to investigate previous premiers (governors) of the province for links to the Hells Angels.

Woah, there's a lot of *info* in your post, got any sources that back that up?

THE WOOD said:
sometimes i wonder if certain mafias and otherwise crime organizations do things liek this just to get the authorities looking in the wrong direction. Like if this LUK guy owed his neck in money and was willing to take the fall so that the real shit could slip by undetected...never know.

Either that or competitor ratted him out. Hey Police did you know there's a shipment of 600K coming over..............

lifeisforliving sounds dead on. If you have ever been to vancouver more than half the population is asian and in victory (vancouver island) there are lots of hells angels. I have heard lots about the hells angels being involved in alot of the drugs there. sucks this happened i was just there this weekend this all happened. Wonder if it will dent the mdma market there. I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.