• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have experienced meth psychosis after not even staying up one night. Say, at about 3 or 4 am on the first night. So I'm sure it's due to the meth and not sleep deprivation and lack of food.

One thing about humans is that we are not built off of an assembly line. Everyone's tolerance to things like dopamine reductions will be different.

You may have a sensitivity or predisposition which the dopamine reduction side effect of meth accentuates. Using alcohol has an example, some people find that they are less susceptible to its intoxication effects than others (i.e., can "hold their liquor" better than others). It's all a matter of biological variances across different people.

Your baseline to experiencing perception distortions may simply be lower than others.

I remember doing ice for the first time. One of my good friends (who has been a tweaker for a couple years) kept going on about this new batch of crystal going around that "was the best he'd ever had". Being somewhat interested, and knowing he knew what he was talking about I picked up a gram. He told me to only do a little to start off. Having never done it before, I didn't really know what a little was. I broke down a few big shards into about a 2 inch line and thought I was going to have a heart attack. I was tweaked the fuck out for 3 days straight.

It's generally agreed that schizophrenic psychosis is caused by an overload of dopamine, which is why Anti-psychotics/Neuroleptics/Major Tranqs .. whatever you want to call them are all dopamine antagonists.

Depletion of dopamine causes Parkinson's-like symptoms

btw... by saying that the lab is capable of producing 10 pounds a day.. is that based on the assumption that the cooks are tweakers themselves and don't require sleep?

San Diego State student busted for making drugs in chem lab on campus.

Campus lab called meth-making site

By Onell R. Soto
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

June 16, 2005

A San Diego State graduate student on probation for drug violations used a university lab to make methamphetamine, Ecstasy and an anesthetic 80 times more potent than morphine, authorities said yesterday.

Matthew Finley, 26, was arrested at his home in Ocean Beach yesterday and the campus lab where he worked was shut down as investigators removed illicit drugs, a Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman said.

"He felt he could get away with it. To his disappointment today, he did not," DEA spokesman Misha Piastro said. "His disregard for the safety of the rest of the student body is alarming and not something we take lightly."

After his arrest, Finley told investigators that he manufactured methamphetamine and a chemical used to make methamphetamine, as well as Ecstasy and fentanyl, the powerful anesthetic, according a court document.

Capsules of Ecstasy, vials of fentanyl and three marijuana plants were seized from Finley's home, authorities said.

The second floor of the west wing of the Chemical Sciences Laboratory is expected to reopen today, said university spokesman Jason Foster.

Because it's nearly summer, only 25 to 30 people were working in the west wing of the lab yesterday, he said.

While drug arrests on the large campus are not unusual, Foster said he could not recall another drug incident in the last five years involving the chemical labs.

Finley, who was pursuing a master's degree in chemistry, was convicted of drug charges in Santa Barbara in 2002 and placed on probation, according to a complaint a DEA agent filed with a federal judge yesterday.

At that time, he told investigators he used a lab at the University of California Santa Barbara to convert a liquid form of the drug Ecstasy into a powder, the agent said.

He was caught growing marijuana the following year and again placed on probation. A judge sentenced him to two years in prison but suspended the sentence, according to the complaint.

San Diego State University police approached the DEA late last year after being tipped that someone was manufacturing methamphetamine in the chemistry lab where Finley worked.

A surveillance camera in the lab captured Finley late last month working with a dark liquid that later tested positive for Ecstasy, authorities said.

Some of the chemicals Finley used were likely obtained outside the university, Piastro said.

Foster said there are strict controls on its laboratories, which do some of the more than $100 million worth of research the university performs a year.

"Students have to go through environmental health and safety training," he said. "There are safety officers within departments like chemistry that track the incoming orders for chemicals and disbursements of chemicals."

Finley is expected to appear in court today.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050616-9999-2m16meth.html

He couldnt have been that huge of an idiot, afterall, he manufactured Fentanyl. Anyone who pursues the manufacture of fentanyl and its analogs gets a thumbs up in my books for intelligent thinking.

However he is a complete idiot for doing it in the school lab.

He knew the risks, now he'll pay the price.

Props anyway for having the balls to do it.

Giza said:
He couldnt have been that huge of an idiot, afterall, he manufactured Fentanyl. Anyone who pursues the manufacture of fentanyl and its analogs gets a thumbs up in my books for intelligent thinking.

However he is a complete idiot for doing it in the school lab.

i don't have the names but i know "blahblahblah" does, or was it... rachamin18. anyways maybe they will fill us in, short story short, a chemist(white) makes fentanyl, has no one to sell it to, gets the bright of idea of asking the janitor at his lab, a black man, if he knew of any buyers. remember the fentanyl bust a few years back in northern cali ?, estimated street value of millions, guy got busted for growing pot. these chemists aren't always street smart int he least sense.

Giza said:
He couldnt have been that huge of an idiot, afterall, he manufactured Fentanyl.
If you're a good chemist and not an idiot otherwise, you're making legal stuff that get you high, not schedule I/II compounds. Especially not with such a police record.

It always amazes me when people on probation continue to do illegal activites. If you are fortunate enough to get probation for your violations, consider yourself lucky and just give it up. It's just not worth it. I hate the war on drugs as much as anybody, but this guy was just asking for it.

Finley, who was pursuing a master's degree in chemistry,

C'mon, can't he use this as his defense ? That he was "researching" his master's thesis ?

;)

my masters thesis is to pay off all my student loans by competing against the mexican cartels and selling "china white" on the west coast.

Dammit! I only live 25 minutes from there. i could have ended up with some of that white... :(

All those years of study down the drain and a large time in prison , i do not think its worth it. Why study for so long and do something so risky, wait till u've got the masters and have access to private labs or access to buying equipment without it looking sus.

Legal or illegal this guy has got a job when he gets out.

Status
Not open for further replies.