• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia Divinorum vs. DMT

If you tried both Salvia and DMT (separately), which do you prefer?

• Total voters
salivas garbage compared to the deems. just my 2 cents though & keep in mind im not taking legality into account when stating that opinion.

pmac, stick with DMT. this thread's consensus is right. I'm sure salvia has a place for some people, but it was anything but enjoyable for me. Although my first DMT breakthrough was terrifying in a sense - be ready to let go. While salvia is easily attainable, DMT might elude you for a while unless you do your own extraction, good luck.

DMT is definitely my favorite of the two, though I wouldn't mind smoking some DMT with Salvia some time... DMT is so benign and lovey-dovey, it's hard not to put it at the very top of your list of favorite things.

I was actually just thinking about this! Strange! Hmm, a poll would be nice, but it seems majority favors DMT over salvia.

Keep in mind that you are only asking the BL community. At places like eDot, salvia is going to win out by far. People who would rather have salvia over DMT have a different general mindset than those who take DMT over salvia. Bluelight is not the whole DMT/Salvia-using population.

I did some strong salvia 20x for my first trip ever. I think the only substances i had under the belt before that were weed and alcohol.

I didn't know wtf was going on at the time, but instant ego death from my first salvia waterfall hit. Essentially i was yanked backwards out of my universe and into a center with infinite (possible/parallel?) universes represented as ghosty picturesque 50's houses with picket fences made of milk bottles. I quickly realized that everyone and everything i knew from my universe was gone and i was never getting back. I was left contorted in the Void like a prisoner, doomed to spend eternity in blackness.

This trip got me twisted up bad and started a series of weird depressive episodes over the next half year or so. Once again i didn't realize it at the time, but it really did change me. But of course, nothing has been the same since i started tripping and nothing ever will be again. :)

also what's with recurring themes and stuff in psychedelics, like wheels, rollercoasters, zippers, multiple dimensions etc etc. I'm real interested in this stuff, but it's nearly impossible to find any information above speculation about these themes. But I also suppose where we're going, we don't need facts.

frasierdog said:
also what's with recurring themes and stuff in psychedelics, like wheels, rollercoasters, zippers, multiple dimensions etc etc. I'm real interested in this stuff, but it's nearly impossible to find any information above speculation about these themes. But I also suppose where we're going, we don't need facts.
This really fascinates me too. The last discussion of this kind of thing I know of was in regards to "the ferris wheel" in the salvia thread. While it is just speculation--and will likely forever remain so--there are some parallels between these reoccurring themes and objects. In my experience the "roller coaster" is replaced with "fluctuating gravity," the "ferris wheel" is replaced with a "saw blade," and the "zipper" is replaced with "ripping fabric."

In many cases I think that our brains simply pick out the closest association we have in memory for whatever salvinorin A is doing to our sense of equilibrium and proprioception i.e. a roller coaster, similar to how the wind through an open window during sleep might translate into a dream of riding a motorcycle. Cyclical processes and infinite repetition seem to be major themes, as do cogs on wheels, saw teeth and zipper teeth. I imagine the "ferris wheel" could simply be the natural correlate to the overarching theme of cyclical processes and repetition fused with the amusement park associations most of us have with fluctuating gravity effects. I think the shared themes of different user's salvia experiences are entirely the production of unique simple sensations and concepts artificially evoked by salvia being explained and wildly elaborated on by our VERY confused brains through reference to memories healthy teenage and young adult western males (the bulk of salvia users and report writers) and friends all share. That's not to say the individual experiences are not utterly unique, but I certainly don't feel, as some do, that the themes are any indication of a shared glimpse into an objectively existing metaphysical realm, universal consciousness, telepathy etc. I'll post this in the salvia thread, too, as that's really where this belongs.

Oddly enough the physical feeling in my head is identical or nearly identical after using either substance. Like a minor headache and a slight removal of what feels like an inner part of my brain. That is the feeling I have with both, but the actual effects from the drug are very different.

Peace,
PL

frasierdog said:

oh God...

divinecosmos.com

it's pretty much all there...

i don't really like either of them. they come on too fast and intense, and then don't last long enough to be fun, or useful. by the time i'm comfortable with what's happening, i'm coming down.

I find them to be nothing alike except for the duration and possibly intensity (although they are intense in different ways). Salvia is terrifying to me and most people I've talked to about it, while DMT feels much more warm and welcoming. The trips, in my experience, are nothing alike.

FrostyMcFailure said:
salivas garbage compared to the deems.

Hmm, I'll give you that. I would suggest you try salvia though; saliva is particularly hard to smoke. IME. ;)

I don't think DMT and salvia really relate at all, besides, as mentioned, duration. Intensity, being such a subjective measure, is hard to gauge; however, I find DMT to be very gentle and loving, whilst also being disorienting and a nice eliciter of true hallucinations; whereas salvia seems to rob one of identity and refernce points, without any knowledge or reassurance that the experience is at all related to real life. I think thats why it is often so frigheningl its a shock almost everytime you breakthrough, though over time salvia d. becomes a lot simpler and/or less immersive.

swilow said:
its a shock almost everytime you breakthrough, though over time salvia d. becomes a lot simpler and/or less immersive.

I have found it to work both ways, reverse tolerance in that I can get a +++++ trip from a smaller amount now, like 1/15g of 20x, but now it is an easier "entry" and less anxiety in the trip. It still smacks me around and takes my ego away, but I am less "stressed" when I am about to rip a bong of it...%)

DMT vs. Salvia Divinorum

Hey you damn rollers!!
Give me an anwser as to DMT and SALVIA how are they different or alike?
Give me some experinces and so on..
Post only if you tryed bouth and explain in detail...
yeah have a good one!!!

How's about you doing the work - check out the Big and Dandy DMT and Salvia threads, plus Trip Reports - not being funny, but the answers are already here %)