• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia Divinorum vs. DMT

If you tried both Salvia and DMT (separately), which do you prefer?

• Total voters
I have not yet experienced N,N-DMT, but I have used Salvia countless times, and I have used 5-MeO-DMT enough to know what it is all about. To be quite honest, I believe 5-MeO-DMT being close to our natural brain processes, doesn't take us far away from who we are in the light of God's eyes. It shows me the way things really are. Salvia does almost the opposite. Hence, it is quite a bit more terrifying in the manner that you don't feel at home. However, feeling like you are staring God in the face isn't a comfortable feeling either.

>>brings to mind the hypothesis that attention focus be DMT-mediated to some extent

Clockwise, where did you read that?. I read something in the book 'Phantoms in the Brain' where the author (V.S. Ramachandran) had an idea that the ability to direct attention towards a subject is what psychedelics basically fuck with, as brain damage in certain areas of the brain (can't remember which now) can give a state like psychedelics where an object can become fascinating without anything being particularly interesting about it to undamaged people>>

Hey.
Ramachandran is pretty much a rockstar of intro psychology, and i have seen a couple documentaries detailing his work in my undergraduate schooling. The condition you are thinking of is temporal lobe epilepsy.

What we'd ideally want for a study looking at this is a group of tripping particiapnts and a group having the aformentioned seizures, both sent through an fMRI machine.

ebola

@Piper methysticum
Yeah I'd prefer an external hell to my inner hell... The inner hell usually doesn't change you at all except for the fact that you don't want to go back! :D
While the inner hell stays with you forever. Just thinking of low doses of 5-MeO-DMT makes me tremble...

crOOk

thepodman said:
I'd guess that salvia would beat DMT but 5-MeO-DMT would beat salvia.

I have smoked both. I have even loaded up a fat bowl of 10X and sprinkled 5-Meo-Dmt on it.

and salvia kicked my ass. the 5-meo just made the salvia ride MORE confusing and dissolved reality FASTER.

DMT, no doubt, not knocking salvia, you can have some pretty intense trips on it. But DMT just puts u in another world

the question doesn't really make sense to be, they've both ungodly intense drugs in two incomparable ways. It is fun to ponder though :)

I haven't gotten around to extracting DMT yet 8) but have had a couple insane experiences with salvia... I agree with the 'creepy' sentiment... I've read reports where a divine lady apperas and comforts you, reveals something, etc. My breakthrough trips have been entirely geometrical, just an uncontrollable ride through 7 dimennsions that I didn't even know about. No divine lady, no 'dreams,' I just feel like I"ve been thrown into an alien math textbook for a few minutes.

Even on sub-breakthrough doses, the stuff is incredible. I get this persistent aural hallucination of a regular rhythmic 'boop' sound, it repeats evenly at about 60 beats per minute... hell time makes no sense in there, thats how I remember it... then a sort of map of my room, or a realization that reality has this whole other set of laws, becomes apparent, undeniable, it just sweeps in. I always think 'shit, wow! shit!" or something like that:D

I'm terrified of the stuff, but so awed by it. I wish lady salvia would help me out in there though, cause its pretty terrifying 8(

brings to mind the hypothesis that attention focus be DMT-mediated to some extent

fastandbulbous:
Actually, I have just heard T. Mckenna talk about this a few times.. probably having something to do with psilocybin and fis(c)her as previously mentioned in Advanced discussion. Sounds ok intuitively, too, but there isn't any paper about this that I know of or that I could find.. I'll borrow the Strassman in a few days if I'm lucky, maybe there's something there. Probably not.

Last edited:
DMT compared to SALVIA

Ive Tried salvia once, but i was unable to get my hands o nthe 10x/20x extract, adn we failed breaking through wit the raw leaf.

But a good friend is coming down from vancouver, and i found out that a local HeadShop downtown sells the 10x Extract... even tho its fucking pricey ($30 a gram), we are going to pitch on it, and with the research ive been doing, im fairly confident we will break through.

2 Questions :

1 ) how many bowls will we get out of 1 gram of extract ??

2 ) Ive never tried DMT, due to the fact that its almost impossible to get it in my area, but a local dealer has aquired some.... I need to know what DMT is like Compared to salvia ? Are the highs different ? Doses ?

Thanks alot.

Salvia and DMT are different in so many ways it's not even funny. How experienced are you with psychedelics? If I were you, I'd do a lot more reading and careful experimenting before trying salvia or DMT. I know people who have had life-changing experiences (and not always good ones) from just 200mg-300mg of salvia 10x extract, much less DMT. I personally think DMT is stronger than salvia in terms of effects instead of potency, but neither of them are to be fooled around with. Be really careful with these substances. Peace.

There is another thread on this somewhere on BL. It's hard to describe the differences in words, but DMT is a much more "wide awake" trip and is something you can remember many details from, whereas in my experience, salvia is kind of harder to retain a cohrerent memory from. But that is not describing it very well. DMT is much cooler IMHO. :)

^^ I know! DMT is like remembering those moments with other psychedelics (mostly psilocybin in my case) where you start thinking I'm going up too fast... then everything turns into "Ooh it sparkles"*, whereas Salvia is like remembering the most warped, most twisted dream you've ever had.

* A friends reaction after her first experience of (low dose) DMT

Salvia would never come close to beating DMT. DMT is like interacting with consciousness itself. Salvia, as many have said, is all out weird.

DMT all the way. it's the most powerful psycadellic substance on the planet. If anyone tends to dissagree, then you either haven't done it before, or did not take enough to have a full DMT trip. the only time i did it , i thought i didn't take enough until about 5 seconds later.....then i fell right over and my mind literrally felt like it was shattered all over the universe, when i could open my eyes again i looked over at the clock and the hands were no longer moving, my friends that were observing me were speaking but i couldn't understand anything they were saying since everything i was perceiving was slowed down to a halt. Then it became sunny and the i could actually see the rays of sunlight cut through the air in the room in slow motion. My whole life flashed before my eyes in what seemed to be an instant. I lay there as tears poured down my cheeks.Then i understood fully for the first time who i was and that i have a purpose in life.

Aaaanyways, iv'e tried various types of Salvia including extracts and yes it can be intense, yes it can be wierd, but it is NOTHING compared to the sheer magnitude of mind altering potency that DMT carries. A human being experiences a surge of natural DMT created in thier brain only two times, when you are born and when you die. It is definatly not even close to the same level as Salvia. AS far as i'm concerned , there is no comparison to pure DMT.
i don't think i will ever do it again in my life, though it was definatly an extremely intense and vivid experience, it is something that is so powerful that it can change your mental fabric in an instance. I am glad that i tried it , but to do it again would be like taking my brain , strapping it to a rocket and blasting it off into a wormhole. once was enough for me!

cheers

Salvia vs. DMT

Having never done either, from the effects lists of the two substances, seem stirkingly similar. However, most consider salvia to be very unpleasant whereas I haven't heard that about DMT. What are the fundamental differences between the two short-acting psychedelics?

The only similarities I'd say are the intensity and duration
I mean....there's A LOT of difference

Totally different headspace, can't really describe, would have to SHOW you if you know what I mean :) But yes +1 only similarities are the timeframe and the fact that they will throw you into a whole 'nother dimention. Best way to put it is that the dimensions that they throw you into aren't the same ...

yeah, they are VERY different... i personally find salvia horrifying.

edit: smoked, anyway.

I would add that neither are drugs that I would call "recreational" although both have the potential to be enjoyable (probably DMT more so than salvia), but both can be very very scary just as easily, but are potent teachers more than simple traveling-companions for a fun friday night ...

I am personally happy with salvia....I had read about how harsh it was, scary, etc., for well over a year before I even tried it, but I was an experienced L user so I knew I could handle myself.

Anyways, it took me a few tries to figure out HOW to smoke it properly, and all of a sudden, one night...BAM....a complete reality replacement. While I still say it is not FUN in the strict sense of the word, it always leaves me awed and amazed at how much it takes you into a new place that you completely believe, and you have no idea the previous world even existed, and that you don't know you smoked salvia at all.

I am working on getting some DMT, probably will be making my own, and I look forward to it. I will still continue salvia because it is a powerful TEACHER about our inner selves. I am at more peace with myself, and more confident in my own ability to handle tough, stressful situations due to 15+ sessions (level 5's at that!!!) that have taught me many things about myself and other people. You could almost say it showed me a new path and uncovered some falsehoods.

If you are a confident, well informed, well adjusted person, I HIGHLY recommend salvia. It is indeed one of the most powerful mind trips out there. I can't imagine anything more powerful, DMT will be close I am sure, but some say with DMT you still remember sometimes that you are there in that place because of it. Salvia will strip you completely of your ego...and I mean UTTERLY.

Hallucinogen, yes. Deleriant, yes. Psychoactive, yes. It defies a category because it can do ALL of that and more. Salvia stands alone in the world and many cannot handle it.