Bluelight

View Poll Results: If you tried both Salvia and DMT (separately), which do you prefer?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Salvia is more worthwhile overall.

2 5.88%
  • DMT is more worthwhile overall.

28 82.35%
  • I couldn't decide / I'm way too high on both right now to choose.

4 11.76%

Thread: Salvia Divinorum vs. DMT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

^^ I know! DMT is like remembering those moments with other psychedelics (mostly psilocybin in my case) where you start thinking I'm going up too fast... then everything turns into "Ooh it sparkles"*, whereas Salvia is like remembering the most warped, most twisted dream you've ever had.

* A friends reaction after her first experience of (low dose) DMT

2. Collapse Details

Merged.

3. Collapse Details

MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs
    Science & Technology
    Salvia would never come close to beating DMT. DMT is like interacting with consciousness itself. Salvia, as many have said, is all out weird.

4. Collapse Details

DMT all the way. it's the most powerful psycadellic substance on the planet. If anyone tends to dissagree, then you either haven't done it before, or did not take enough to have a full DMT trip. the only time i did it , i thought i didn't take enough until about 5 seconds later.....then i fell right over and my mind literrally felt like it was shattered all over the universe, when i could open my eyes again i looked over at the clock and the hands were no longer moving, my friends that were observing me were speaking but i couldn't understand anything they were saying since everything i was perceiving was slowed down to a halt. Then it became sunny and the i could actually see the rays of sunlight cut through the air in the room in slow motion. My whole life flashed before my eyes in what seemed to be an instant. I lay there as tears poured down my cheeks.Then i understood fully for the first time who i was and that i have a purpose in life.

Aaaanyways, iv'e tried various types of Salvia including extracts and yes it can be intense, yes it can be wierd, but it is NOTHING compared to the sheer magnitude of mind altering potency that DMT carries. A human being experiences a surge of natural DMT created in thier brain only two times, when you are born and when you die. It is definatly not even close to the same level as Salvia. AS far as i'm concerned , there is no comparison to pure DMT.
    i don't think i will ever do it again in my life, though it was definatly an extremely intense and vivid experience, it is something that is so powerful that it can change your mental fabric in an instance. I am glad that i tried it , but to do it again would be like taking my brain , strapping it to a rocket and blasting it off into a wormhole. once was enough for me!

cheers

5. Collapse Details
    Salvia vs. DMT 
    Having never done either, from the effects lists of the two substances, seem stirkingly similar. However, most consider salvia to be very unpleasant whereas I haven't heard that about DMT. What are the fundamental differences between the two short-acting psychedelics?

6. Collapse Details

The only similarities I'd say are the intensity and duration
    I mean....there's A LOT of difference

7. Collapse Details

Totally different headspace, can't really describe, would have to SHOW you if you know what I mean But yes +1 only similarities are the timeframe and the fact that they will throw you into a whole 'nother dimention. Best way to put it is that the dimensions that they throw you into aren't the same ...

8. Collapse Details

yeah, they are VERY different... i personally find salvia horrifying.

edit: smoked, anyway.

9. Collapse Details

I would add that neither are drugs that I would call "recreational" although both have the potential to be enjoyable (probably DMT more so than salvia), but both can be very very scary just as easily, but are potent teachers more than simple traveling-companions for a fun friday night ...

10. Collapse Details

I am personally happy with salvia....I had read about how harsh it was, scary, etc., for well over a year before I even tried it, but I was an experienced L user so I knew I could handle myself.

Anyways, it took me a few tries to figure out HOW to smoke it properly, and all of a sudden, one night...BAM....a complete reality replacement. While I still say it is not FUN in the strict sense of the word, it always leaves me awed and amazed at how much it takes you into a new place that you completely believe, and you have no idea the previous world even existed, and that you don't know you smoked salvia at all.

I am working on getting some DMT, probably will be making my own, and I look forward to it. I will still continue salvia because it is a powerful TEACHER about our inner selves. I am at more peace with myself, and more confident in my own ability to handle tough, stressful situations due to 15+ sessions (level 5's at that!!!) that have taught me many things about myself and other people. You could almost say it showed me a new path and uncovered some falsehoods.

If you are a confident, well informed, well adjusted person, I HIGHLY recommend salvia. It is indeed one of the most powerful mind trips out there. I can't imagine anything more powerful, DMT will be close I am sure, but some say with DMT you still remember sometimes that you are there in that place because of it. Salvia will strip you completely of your ego...and I mean UTTERLY.

Hallucinogen, yes. Deleriant, yes. Psychoactive, yes. It defies a category because it can do ALL of that and more. Salvia stands alone in the world and many cannot handle it.

11. Collapse Details

^^different strokes for different folks

12. Collapse Details

salivas garbage compared to the deems. just my 2 cents though & keep in mind im not taking legality into account when stating that opinion.

13. Collapse Details

good stuff

14. Collapse Details

This was one of my first salvia trips...

does it sound fun? didn't think so...

Salvia Trip

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    pmac, stick with DMT. this thread's consensus is right. I'm sure salvia has a place for some people, but it was anything but enjoyable for me. Although my first DMT breakthrough was terrifying in a sense - be ready to let go. While salvia is easily attainable, DMT might elude you for a while unless you do your own extraction, good luck.

16. Collapse Details

DMT is definitely my favorite of the two, though I wouldn't mind smoking some DMT with Salvia some time... DMT is so benign and lovey-dovey, it's hard not to put it at the very top of your list of favorite things.

17. Collapse Details

I was actually just thinking about this! Strange! Hmm, a poll would be nice, but it seems majority favors DMT over salvia.

18. Collapse Details

Keep in mind that you are only asking the BL community. At places like eDot, salvia is going to win out by far. People who would rather have salvia over DMT have a different general mindset than those who take DMT over salvia. Bluelight is not the whole DMT/Salvia-using population.

19. Collapse Details

I did some strong salvia 20x for my first trip ever. I think the only substances i had under the belt before that were weed and alcohol.

I didn't know wtf was going on at the time, but instant ego death from my first salvia waterfall hit. Essentially i was yanked backwards out of my universe and into a center with infinite (possible/parallel?) universes represented as ghosty picturesque 50's houses with picket fences made of milk bottles. I quickly realized that everyone and everything i knew from my universe was gone and i was never getting back. I was left contorted in the Void like a prisoner, doomed to spend eternity in blackness.

This trip got me twisted up bad and started a series of weird depressive episodes over the next half year or so. Once again i didn't realize it at the time, but it really did change me. But of course, nothing has been the same since i started tripping and nothing ever will be again.

also what's with recurring themes and stuff in psychedelics, like wheels, rollercoasters, zippers, multiple dimensions etc etc. I'm real interested in this stuff, but it's nearly impossible to find any information above speculation about these themes. But I also suppose where we're going, we don't need facts.

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by frasierdog
    also what's with recurring themes and stuff in psychedelics, like wheels, rollercoasters, zippers, multiple dimensions etc etc. I'm real interested in this stuff, but it's nearly impossible to find any information above speculation about these themes. But I also suppose where we're going, we don't need facts.
    This really fascinates me too. The last discussion of this kind of thing I know of was in regards to "the ferris wheel" in the salvia thread. While it is just speculation--and will likely forever remain so--there are some parallels between these reoccurring themes and objects. In my experience the "roller coaster" is replaced with "fluctuating gravity," the "ferris wheel" is replaced with a "saw blade," and the "zipper" is replaced with "ripping fabric."

In many cases I think that our brains simply pick out the closest association we have in memory for whatever salvinorin A is doing to our sense of equilibrium and proprioception i.e. a roller coaster, similar to how the wind through an open window during sleep might translate into a dream of riding a motorcycle. Cyclical processes and infinite repetition seem to be major themes, as do cogs on wheels, saw teeth and zipper teeth. I imagine the "ferris wheel" could simply be the natural correlate to the overarching theme of cyclical processes and repetition fused with the amusement park associations most of us have with fluctuating gravity effects. I think the shared themes of different user's salvia experiences are entirely the production of unique simple sensations and concepts artificially evoked by salvia being explained and wildly elaborated on by our VERY confused brains through reference to memories healthy teenage and young adult western males (the bulk of salvia users and report writers) and friends all share. That's not to say the individual experiences are not utterly unique, but I certainly don't feel, as some do, that the themes are any indication of a shared glimpse into an objectively existing metaphysical realm, universal consciousness, telepathy etc. I'll post this in the salvia thread, too, as that's really where this belongs.

21. Collapse Details

Oddly enough the physical feeling in my head is identical or nearly identical after using either substance. Like a minor headache and a slight removal of what feels like an inner part of my brain. That is the feeling I have with both, but the actual effects from the drug are very different.

Peace,
    PL

22. Collapse Details

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by frasierdog

oh God...

divinecosmos.com

it's pretty much all there...

23. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i don't really like either of them. they come on too fast and intense, and then don't last long enough to be fun, or useful. by the time i'm comfortable with what's happening, i'm coming down.

24. Collapse Details

I find them to be nothing alike except for the duration and possibly intensity (although they are intense in different ways). Salvia is terrifying to me and most people I've talked to about it, while DMT feels much more warm and welcoming. The trips, in my experience, are nothing alike.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMcFailure
    salivas garbage compared to the deems.
    Hmm, I'll give you that. I would suggest you try salvia though; saliva is particularly hard to smoke. IME.

I don't think DMT and salvia really relate at all, besides, as mentioned, duration. Intensity, being such a subjective measure, is hard to gauge; however, I find DMT to be very gentle and loving, whilst also being disorienting and a nice eliciter of true hallucinations; whereas salvia seems to rob one of identity and refernce points, without any knowledge or reassurance that the experience is at all related to real life. I think thats why it is often so frigheningl its a shock almost everytime you breakthrough, though over time salvia d. becomes a lot simpler and/or less immersive.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast