• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia Divinorum vs. DMT

If you tried both Salvia and DMT (separately), which do you prefer?

• Total voters
I agree with Psilo too.. but heres a better question... DMT or Ketamine... :p

brings to mind the hypothesis that attention focus be DMT-mediated to some extent

Clockwise, where did you read that?. I read something in the book 'Phantoms in the Brain' where the author (V.S. Ramachandran) had an idea that the ability to direct attention towards a subject is what psychedelics basically fuck with, as brain damage in certain areas of the brain (can't remember which now) can give a state like psychedelics where an object can become fascinating without anything being particularly interesting about it to undamaged people

fastandbulbous said:
as brain damage in certain areas of the brain (can't remember which now) can give a state like psychedelics where an object can become fascinating without anything being particularly interesting about it to undamaged people
Is that a bad thing? I am fascinated of everything since my psychedelics use... I sometimes just stop walking and look at something for a long time. Sometimes it might be a beautiful landscape, sometimes it might just be a stop sign or something like that. Further information would be very much appreciated. I've always enjoyed it and have wondered why it happens to be that way. I thought psychedelics showed me the beauty of simple things, now I hear "brain damage"... Maybe you could start a new thread about this and ask others for their experiences with this phenomenom and about which substances they have taken. I'd really appreciate that!

crOOk

p-mo said:
I agree with Psilo too.. but heres a better question... DMT or Ketamine... :p
Well im sure of one thing, self tranforming machine elves seem much cooler than solid state beings.

Salvinorin A is much stronger than DMT
more potent, not stronger

i'm not into mixes but this thread got me quite curious.
just try to grasp the craziness of a salvia+dmt+5-meo combo just before entering a k-hole!!!$&%@#!!!
fuck! i think i'll do that before i die!

smoked 10xsalvia on 250mgs of ketamine.never again,couldnt get that foul taste out of my mouth for a week.most fucked up ive ever been and i used to use half litre of k every 2 weeks.never again.on the bright side am no longer addicted to ketamine,i guess sally whipped katies ass good and proper.

sally may dwells within only the darkest depths of forestry, painting demons upon the trunks of trees with the blood of her ancestors. conjuring spirits and devils amongst her pot of toil and trouble, the mighty darkness beckons~

@mad_chemist
Dude I think both together was the idea...

crOOk

I tried DXM + smoked DMT (unknown doses), would've used ketamine instead if I had access to some.

Yeah, it was pretty crazy, I was ripped to shreads. First toke, a little fear came, but once "I" was gone, well, I was "gone" :).

I'm not sure who would "win" if I were to combine salvia/DMT, but I know DMT at lower than breakthrough doses sure can be a lot more intense than all my breakthrough salvia doses.

...maybe some day on 'huasca, i'll take a toke of salvia 20x that i have, but, beforehand to increase the size of my balls I might take a low dose of GHB %) .

all I can say is wow. Ive never read such good reports, from both! Im going to treat psychadelics with a lot more respect. all I know about my last experience was I wasnt very kind to the entities I didnt let them take control ... I didnt understand for the majority of the trip and was scared. In the end I got told I couldnt come back for a long time... and i accepted that - I wont, for a long time. I need to develop my tripping skills...

On the other hand, ive done salvia and experienced anything of what u guys are telling me, my friends werent interested in having a journey or anything, but i was walking around outside having a great time. Havent tried DMT, and have no doubts ill be doing them both in my life time, great trip report once again, and thanks for linking those 2 awesome experiences ontop of it.

Id say i trust them both but my mind wanders to dmt as the winner. It has the more positive entity form that wishes to guide you where salvia is very confusing and wants to take you.

vegan said:
more potent, not stronger

i'm not into mixes but this thread got me quite curious.
just try to grasp the craziness of a salvia+dmt+5-meo combo just before entering a k-hole!!!$&%@#!!!
fuck! i think i'll do that before i die!
you forgot taking large unmeasured amounts of DPT!

Yeah DPT can be quiet psychedelic and introspective at times...
*shivers running down crOOk's spine*

crOOk

^ It sure can. That stuff will never be forgotten. A well and truly cosmic experience... for those who desire such things. ;)

...maybe some day on 'huasca, i'll take a toke of salvia 20x that i have

I have to warn you about that. I can't be sure about this, but I have used 10x once while under the influence of MAO Inhibitors. (HWBR + MAOI) I'm almost positive that the effects of the 10x will persist much longer than usual. The trip itself will last about an extra 10 minutes, and the creepy, spooky aftereffects will stick around longer as well. If you're already going to be on another trip when you do this, I just have to give you a heads up. I certainly didn't enjoy it. But then again, I have NEVER had an enjoyable experience with salvia. Terrifying, alien and otherworldly is more like it. Something about it just shakes me to the very core.... in a bad way.

--------
john

But the creepiness after the trip is always funny as hell imho. Even if the trip was a major asskicking. Still, on ayahuasca it might be quiet scary...

crOOk

crOOk said:
But the creepiness after the trip is always funny as hell imho. Even if the trip was a major asskicking. Still, on ayahuasca it might be quiet scary...

crOOk

I don't understand the creepiness thing. When I come back from salvia I either think "Hey, it's already over..." or "Thank God I'm back!" What is the creepiness about?

Creepiness... Well, stuff like I don't know what happens behind me. Everything is just plain weird, like in a dream or something. Like something's going on, but you don't know what.
Also there's often a weird feeling throughout my body, I'd rather call it funny than creepy though! I feel like a wild animal or something, I just can't describe it. Salvia is just plain fucking weird.
Maybe your body metabolizes it even faster, so you don't get any of the usual after effects. Or you haven't had a breakthrough yet, then the after effects we're talking about could be the trip itself for you...
Dude, it's nothing I can describe right now... Sorry man. All I have written doesn't come close to what it feels like... I'll give it another try some other time, ok? :D

crOOk