• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What drug test does Walmart use?

Spooky Mulder

Bluelighter
What drug test does Walmart use? (UPDATE, concerns oxycodone)

What type of drug test does walmart use? Is it the standard five test?

My test is tomorrow and oxycodone is swimming in my blood. I'm just trying to find out if they specifically test for oxycodone. I know that since it is not converted to morphine, it won't show up as an opioid.

Last edited:
So, monday night I did 80-100 mg of oxycodone. I take my piss test thursday late afternoon, I pass and do not test positive for opiates.

OK so here is the story:

I applied for a pharmacy technician job at wal-mart. Yes I don't like wal-mart either, but at $9.50 an hour, i'm happy to sell out. They had me do a pre-employment drug test, uring test. They said since I was working at the pharmacy, my test would take longer to process. I assumed they would test for specific prescription drugs like xanax, percocets, ritalin.

On the sheet they gave me for the drug test, it had a "Labone" and "eScreen" logo on it. I did a search and found out what they were. Both companies do drug screens and use SAMHSA detection levels.

Like I said, on monday night, I did 80-100 mg of oxycodone. I have no tolerence, it made me a bit sick the next day, nothing I couldnt handle though.
I find out on tuesday that I have to take the drug test on thursday. So I take my drug test on thursday late afternoon, get the results back a week later and pass.

Now, I figure that passed either because:
1) I got the opiates out in time of my system (Or to a level that is undetectable.)
2) They didn't check for opiates like some drug tests don't.

If I got the drug out of my system, I'm suprised because it was such a large quantity, but if I did, here is what I did:
-Drank heaps of water starting tuesday night until right before my drug test on thursday after noon
-Ate much less starting on tuesday night, only had a chewy bar on thursday
-Drank a red bull for breakfast thursday morning (Diuretic + B-vitamins + niacin might have helped)

I also am fairly fit, have a good metabolism. I also wonder if the legit daily doses of dexedrine I take contributed to ridding my body of the opiate (possibly because of sped of metabolism and/or diuretic.)

Now this website says that the detection level for opiate metabolites is 2000 (ng/ml) which is supposed to detect oxycodone. Yet this website says that the 2000 ng/ml sensitivity level of the standard opiate test would not detect Oxycodone.

If the above is true, it would suprise me that a pre-employment for a pharmacy job would either A) Use a test that does not use a high enough cut off level to detect oxycodone or B) Not bother to detect oxycodone at all.

Guess I'm just lucky whichever way . . . . . .

I think that oxycodone breaks down to something else other than what is tested for on the opiate part of a drug test..

I'm just saying, it would be odd if they didn't test for oxycodone since it's a pharmacy job.