Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Kratom/ 1 oz)+(Alcohol) Inexperienced: Higher dose

Reuptake

Bluelighter
I had boiled approximately 1 oz of Kratom powdered leaf in a tea with some lemonade concentrate. I had used Kratom previous to this but not at this high of a dose.
At the time I had no opioid/opiate tolerance and I was floored by the effects. I was having major breathing depression and intense euphoria. I kept nodding in and out of consciousness and was having difficulty staying awake. I had been this high on opiates before and was not too worried. I was also becoming slightly nauseous, although laying down helped out tremendously (I couldn't take my usual dose of Phenegran as I was already heavily sedated).
After approximately 2 hours my roomate came home and I went with him to try and get something to eat. I was so shaky that I could not hold the food I had ordered, not that I had any appetite anyway.
Later than night, I went out with friends. The effects were still present but were now manageable. I proceeded to drink 2 beers, felt VERY nauseous and threw up. Keep in mind I have a very high alcohol tolerance (regularly consume in excess of 10 beers). After vomiting i felt fine and we went to the bar and continued drinking. Needless to say this was a bad idea and I again vomited. So I gave up drinking for the night and went home.
Morals of the story: Kratom can be a very powerful narcotic to those who lack an opioid/opiate tolerance. Also Kratom does not mix well with alcohol.
Note: I have mixed alcohol with opiates before and had little trouble. I have also since consumed small amounts of alcohol before ingesting kratom tea and have been fine. I also find reducing the volume and amount of flavoring used to significantly lower nausea.

Im slowly falling in love with kratom.
thanks for the heads up about mixing with alcohol. Although once i did try 1 shot of vodka about 45 minutes before drinking kratom tea and felt no nausea. Ginger helps alot.
Good report. Peace.

I must note that while alcohol makes me very nauseous after ingesting Kratom, Kava Kava does not. I am a big fan of *good* powdered Kava (regularly consume doses in the 1 to 2 oz range) and it mixes very well with Kratom. If you can handle drinking Kava, then drink a big cup after the Kratom starts kicking in. I find when using Kratom alone it seems very similar to most opioids/opiates but is missing something. After consuming Kava Kava, i think i may have found this something - a greater sedative effect.

I have no desire to mix Kratom with Alcohol, though I can say by itself, Kratom is one of my favorite drugs, definitely one of my favorite herbs. The feeling is so unique. Smoking Cannabis during the onset gives you some of the strongest euphoria I have ever experienced. I would like to try Kratom with Blue Lotus, Kava, and a low to moderate dose of Psilocybian mushrooms some day. I may even want to smoke some Opium while on Kratom. Those all sound like interesting combinations.

Kratom is very nice, imo. Last time i used it i drank 12 grams of "super kratom", which was my 2nd time, and the euphoria was like a good dose of hydrocodone, not nearly as nice as oxycodone, but stimulating in the sense that oxy is. I smoked some pot with it, but the pot i had at the time sucked, so it basically just kicked up the euphoria a bit for an hour or so, and added more music enhancment.

I also tried smoking a pinch of Salvia 10x later in the experience, and while Salvia on its own isn't exactly what i'd consider euphoric, there was a certain synergy with the Kratom, and the visuals were very welcomed indeed. Kratom made Salvia feel more "gentle", but then again, i only smoked a pinch of the stuff while high on Kratom.

My only problem with kratom is that it doesn't last long enough.

I plan on ordering more, let's just hope it stays legal.

Last edited:
I find Kratom more euphoric than Heroin when mixed with Cannabis. People might think I'm crazy for saying that, but I feel so good I can't do anything but moan when I'm listening to music after I smoke on around 6-9g of Kratom (Rifat strain).

Piper methysticum said:
I find Kratom more euphoric than Heroin when mixed with Cannabis. People might think I'm crazy for saying that, but I feel so good I can't do anything but moan when I'm listening to music after I smoke on around 6-9g of Kratom (Rifat strain).

I've never had Heroin before, but after drinking a strong dose of kratom tea and smoking some pot I feel the same way.

Maybe i should try taking less kratom next time, as 12 grams seemed to overpower the cannabis, and blurred my vision a bit during the peak. The pot wasn't very potent, but still got me high on its own. I think i just drank too much kratom for the pot to really make a huge difference.

The empty baggie of Kratom says: Mitragyna Super Kratom
Powdered Rifat Strain.

That stuff is surprisingly powerful.

Last edited:
bump

I've found alcohol mixes well with Kratom, as long as you don't push your dosing too far otherwise you will feel really sick.

I've never really been a massive drinker but I find a cup of tea before leaving the house for a night out with friends is a great way to start the night. I also find I can drink more than I would normally be able to without the 'drunkeness' being to overpowering. Anyone else get this?

I also read somewhere that Kratom is not good for the liver, would there be problems when combining it with alcohol?

Kratom actually makes me drink a whole lot less than normal. Usually 2 or 3 bottles is enough. I dont imagine Kratom is bad for the liver at all. Its a natural product, and theres a lot of info out there giving its health benefits (as a antoxidant thats 16 times stronger than green tea, as an antibacterial, as a painkiller etc). The only real side effects that I can vouch for are constipation. always drink lots of water and/or fruit juice when on it. ;)

whats the best kind of kratom ,Powdered stuff brown colour,Or the leaf you chew?

i loves the kratom and bud, time for cup two of the day. I mix coca leaf in mine, yes the leaf that cocaine comes form. Talk about euphoria, thizz has nothing on thiss. And you can due it every day... long as you get plenty of sleepy time and food. an ounce is really high start dose, i stated with a teasoon and now use a tablospoon, but it took me a few months of daily use to bridge that gap, and plenty of wonderful experiences along the way, at lease twice a week going to concerts, preloading on kratom and smoking weed and drinking beer the whole night. with kava pills (good ones) thrown in here and there. Btw the 100 mitigaine kratom tincture is awesome, its what got me addicted. But this feels more like love than addiction to tell you the truth.

Last edited:
Where are you from AmphetamineNinja if you don't mind me asking. Coca leaf is pretty hard to get hold of in the UK!

Caizar, I'd recommend the cheap powdered stuff. The extracts are expensive and not worth the extra cost although I've not tried the tincture. You can tell a nice Kratom if it leaves a slight numbness on your tongue I find.

Kratom is a very important tool for me, I've been a daily user of plain bali leaf since July of 2007.

It helped me quit Rx opiates and now that I am clean, I use it daily as a tool to help my anxiety/agoraphobic disorder. I am using it in conjunction with going to cognitive behavioral therapy for my disorder and I couldn't be more pleased. I would NEVER of done this without Kratom. it really saved my life.

Just use moderation with the extracts, that will give W/D symptoms with extended use. (Plain leaf does as well but no where near that extent and it's still a cakewalk compared to opiate W/D )

Tomato, the worthwhile extracts are UEI (ultra enhanced indo), full spectrum tincture, 41%, 8%, etc. I can't list a source but yes these extracts do work, a bit too well actually which is why they should be avoided for the most part.

Last edited:
Oh man, the idea of mixing alcohol and kratom scares the crap out of me.
I did Kratom for the second time ever the other day, had some nice euphoria, a couple hours later I started nodding so fucking hard and eventually just fell asleep. I woke up so fucking nauseous, kind of like when you wake up being hungover from alcohol. Apparently kratom causes hangovers which i did not know.
So mixing two drugs that cause hangovers and nausea = bad idea in my opinion.

Kratoms not only sobered me up I smoke less

I've been a real heavy drinker for almost ayear and just moved in with my my girlfriend and had to hide my habit. She doesn't care about weed though she just doesn't wanna be with someone who drinks. So I tried every method I could think of to replace it and posted an add on some b2b website a week later there's was a package at the door with 3 ounces of three strains of kratom from an eager vendor (bless his soul). I got metal reusable teamaker thing for looseleaf tea and now not only do I not drink, or even fight with the urge. The desire was simply lifted kinda like when a doctor put me on an anti-alcoholic called camprell which made me stop drinking but I was bitter and cold, except as of late I've been In a great mood. And beyond that I smoke one liberal bowl a day as opposed to chainsmoking from where I was before. So give kratom a try just be careful with your does and the shit you mix it with, it's still an oioid and shit happens.

i also love kratom. it never makes me sick, i don't become an asshole while on it, and i can actually get things done like chores and such. its a great way to relax and has a profound antidepressant effect for me.

but... it demands respect. i went through what i would guess are some mild withdrawal symptom yesterday. it was not fun, felt like having a 24 hour flu. i had been taking it 2-3 times daily for 6 weeks, but i abruptly stopped on wednesday because i got trashed with some friends and was hungover for two days. by friday i was feeling nervous and hot, with a lot of sniffles and some excessive use of the restroom. it suddenly dawned on me what was going on so i took three big caps of powder and i was fine an hour later.

enjoy it but respect it!

Iluvkratom

Hi all:
I am new to kratom and I think it is wonderful! I have arthritis from being a 24/7 caregiver to my handicapped son. I used to be in such pain and that would make me depressed..couldn't get my day started and so on. I have taken all kinds of drugs (opiates) but the side effects were terrible and I would build a tolerance to them quickly. Well, I just happened upon kratom one day and decided to order some bali, maeng da or whatever it is..wow, I felt so good I couldn't believe it! No pain, no depression..hope it lasts. I mix a half teaspoon of kratom into about an ounce of merlot and chug..and I feel great for many hours. I can't believe that an herb can work this well..hope it lasts.