Bluelight

Thread: How fast can you become addicted to Crystal Meth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How fast can you become addicted to Crystal Meth? 
    Question
    I first tried meth when i was 16 years old in August 2004. From then on i would by dub sacks weekly. People would begin to say that i am addicted and shit. I am already addicted to ciggarettes and i felt that i was not addicted and that i would know when i was craving it. I then quit for 2 months.. no problem. My friends asked if i would do it again with them and i said sure, and ever since then things went back to the weekly thing. Lately though i have not felt the same GREAT feeling before, maybe for like 30 minutes or so but that's it. (oh yea i have always smoked it out of a pipe.. never sniffed) I just did it this past weekend from not doin it for about 2 weeks. I feel that i don't wanna do that shit anymore cuz it doesnt affect me as hard. Simple as that, no crazvings or anything. Has anyone became addicted to meth that fast? What are the cravings like? Cuz meth is definitly some shit i would not wanna get into.

2. Collapse Details

Cravings are purely psychological.

As for how fast addiction starts.
    How long is a string?

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    >>Cravings are purely psychological.>>

And psychology is physiological.

ebola

4. Collapse Details

You got me.

5. Collapse Details
    mental 
    Bluelighter
    Swim beileve after being a veteran here that is reallly up to the person which is the deciding factor of wether or not they get addicted. Some people let themselves go others can handle it. Swim knows a certain geezer lawyer that may make his own however he can control his habit. I shot it , smoked , and inssuflated it however I am not addicted . You have to have the power over the drugs you control them they don't control you..

6. Collapse Details

that helps a lot.. i never did think i was addicted. It's just that i liked to the feeling so much i would always wanna tweak the next time i could. But yea that makes me feel much better.

7. Collapse Details

I truly believe that if someone is addicted to nictotine.....they can very easily become addicted to just about anything.

8. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    This fast |---------------------------------------|

9. Collapse Details

^really??!!!

cause i thought it was more like this:

|-----------------------------------------------------|

10. Collapse Details

Originally posted by PurrrinInOk
    I truly believe that if someone is addicted to nictotine.....they can very easily become addicted to just about anything.
    I thought nicotine was fairly easy to get addicted to.....

11. Collapse Details

nicotine isn't as physically addicting as most people think. it's usually a social addiction, so if you aren't around people who smoke it's pretty easy to give up. it's not even that rewarding of a drug either. it's just very available and doesn't get in the way of your ability to perform mental tasks and such. plus, SMOKING A CIGARETTE MAKES YOU LOOK COOL.

12. Collapse Details

it took me about 2 weeks. after that, i switched over to bars. since i was tired all the time, i didn't want to do speed.
    try to find some bars.
    they shoudl cost 3-5 dollars a piece.

thats your best bet

13. Collapse Details

I was hooked from my first line, I kept on until I was hospitalized for speed-psychosis. I was soo stupid.

14. Collapse Details

Originally posted by RoboticOpiateMaster
    it took me about 2 weeks. after that, i switched over to bars. since i was tired all the time, i didn't want to do speed.
    try to find some bars.
    they shoudl cost 3-5 dollars a piece.

thats your best bet
    bars? like places people go to drink alcohol?

15. Collapse Details

^^ I blelieve he is referring to Xanax "bars" which are 2mg of alprazolam. People shouldn't post drug slang and prices, especially when it has nothing to do with the original question. Not to mention "bars" are addictive themselves.

16. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    I think he meant switch your addiction to another one. "That's your best bet"

17. Collapse Details

I've only done it twice and constantly craved it for weeks afterward. It does feel great to have your dopamine levels jacked up through the roof.

18. Collapse Details

that helps a lot, i dont know about switching to another addicition but i think i'll just stop wit the meth now

19. Collapse Details

"First time I shot crystal meth... I came in my pants" -- some random speedfreak from a video I watched in my college abnormal psych class...

sounds pretty quickly addictive to me

20. Collapse Details

you gotta love to hate it

21. Collapse Details

I think addiction can start before you even do something. Some people are mentally addicted to a lifestyle they haven't experienced, wanting it and striving for it, but some may never achieve it. To me this is an addiction.

If you want something, even if you have not experienced, I think your brain develops feelings that your mind creates to mimic what you want.

So even though this doesnt' have anything to do with Meth, it could. If you had an idea of what meth did, I think in a way you could be addicted to the idea of doing it before actually doing it.

And then once you try it, you've got a jumpstart.

22. Collapse Details

^^
    Hes right some people are tweakers at heart.

But taking that first hit is the first step towards a real addiction.

From what Ive heard one of the BIGGEST problems with meth are the binges.. Thats what really screw people over...

Doing it 5 times with a small bump each time wont get u addicted as doing it "once" but binging that one time.

And as it was said before as well its the person gets addicted to the drug the drug doesnt addict the person cept for of course when you get a nasty physical dependency but in MOST cases mental addiction occurs long before the physical addiction.

A good way to keep addiction in check is have a drug schedule.. Only do a certian amount of said drug over a period of time. And NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO do not go over said amount or shorten the schedule.
    If you feel that you arent reaching the effects wanted then stop for a week or so. But realise that if you cant adhere to this schedule then you have become addicted.

23. Collapse Details

Originally posted by hanky8r
    I think addiction can start before you even do something. Some people are mentally addicted to a lifestyle they haven't experienced, wanting it and striving for it, but some may never achieve it. To me this is an addiction.

If you want something, even if you have not experienced, I think your brain develops feelings that your mind creates to mimic what you want.

So even though this doesnt' have anything to do with Meth, it could. If you had an idea of what meth did, I think in a way you could be addicted to the idea of doing it before actually doing it.

And then once you try it, you've got a jumpstart.
    People don't get addicted to a lifestyle. They get addicted to a drug.

Meth causes a surge of dopamine in our brain, and dopamine is impossible not to like. We don't crave meth, we crave the dopamine meth floods our brain with.

24. Collapse Details

there are certain lifestyles that can be addicting tho. like not being depressed all the time. like having an easy way to cope with all of your problems. but dammit, we can't just let chemically unbalanced people medicate themselves. not even with physically safe substances like opiates. happiness can be habit-forming. and we can't have people feeling good and being happy all the time. that could cause a lot of problems.

25. Collapse Details

I remember (away back) before sniffing solvents/glue around about when I was hitting my teens. 'You get addict from one buzz' is what people were saying in the news and neighbourhoods.
    What is addicted is what i recall pondering over for a long time. I did go onto sniff solvents on and off for a good few years.
    Since my introduction to solvents I travelled on to abuse most drugs on the market... I feel in love with them all initailly untill I fell back out of love with them. A bit like playing my favourite cd's all the time.
    I have moved on from each drug when I have either caused enough damage or made enough sacrifices.
    In my heart i hate the word addiction as it has not served one point of purpose in my life since me coming across the terminolgy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast