• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Poppy Seed Opium - Inexperienced - 'Home Made Opium'

Supsersnail when you stay on 100 Cfor longer than a few minutes all your morphine will convert to pseudo-morphine

also unnecesary heating will only fuck up your produce , especially when the water is acidic , the fats will leak ou of the seed.

the opiates that coat the seeds are pretty soluble in cold water even , so i think it would be ideal to let it stand inc old slightly acidic water for like 10 hours stirring occasionaly.

or shaking it with a bottle and using the cap to separate , that's the best way imho.

So Let Me Ask You A Question... What Kind Of Seeds Do They Sell At The Grocery Store??? Arent Those paupavera somniferum Seeds???

Smoking isnt going to get the best results, because codeine will only work through oral consumption. If you smoke it you are missing out on all the codeine, so the best method is going to be oral consumption. Just put some goo in gel caps and eat it.

Also, if you aren't patient enough to let it sit out in the sun for a few hours instead of dangerously boiling it, then maybe you shouldn't be doing this.

Does anyone know if there is an extraction process to seperate the codeine from the morphine?

Im pretty sure plugging the powder rather than smoking it would be a sure way to answer the whole "Opium Powder" question.

I did this today, except with water...
Rather than smoking the powder Im going to plug it (Look where morphine is most available...other than your veins ofcourse, but this stuff has plant matter so you cant shoot it...)

And smoking this stuff i would think would just overheat the opiates and burn them....

Ill get back here in a few hours and let you all know how it goes...about an hour left until everything is dry enough to use. (maybe 2 hrs)

i am really skeptical but i wanna try it...

I have some basic questions...What kind of stores carry pods, for decoration purposes...And i have not seen poppy seeds in greater than 28g for 5.99 at my local grocery store...I live in Georgia, metro-atl...so if you use the name of a store i would be very thankful...

Also...once you have evaporated the Isoprophyl and you get the powder how do you purify to make it smokeable..Or can you not do this...Also keep in mind i know very little chemistry so don't give me Einstien's method of doing it...

it seems plausible enough to work...many people complain about the roughness of the hit so maybe after purification of the plant matter from the crude powder a product which can be better smoked will be attained...

I really hope this works...i am going to follow the thread a little before i spend money and trick my girlfriend to drive hellknowswhere for the pods/bulk seeds

OH..I JUST GOT AN IDEA TRADER JOES!!!...lightbulb...(bulk seeds)

I'm going to try an A/B extraction next time, but I don't know when I'll have a chance, it's not too high on priority list still...

^^don't. from what i've gathered an a/b extraction on dried pods (or seeds) yields nothing.
I've been looking all over the interwebs for a fairly easy pod extraction and can't find anything that yields a smoke-able final product. (besides the link below)
There was part of a tek someone described in the big and dandy pod thread but i don't feel like reading through 20 something pages for an incomplete tek. but from what i remember, apparently by adjusting pH, morphine freebase will precipitate out of the solution then it's just evap-ing, or turning it into its salt form. if anyone knows this tek please share (not the vague and complicated tek that is on the shroomery and other sites). I'm positive that if there was a simple tek that yielded a product of decent purity, junkies everywhere would rejoice.

the below method probably works (i don't know first hand) but from reading it, i feel like i'd mess it up somehow.

Besides chemical extractions there is http://forum.poppies.org/index.php?showtopic=10089&hl=

I hope this helps someone out. :) and please correct me if i'm wrong about an A/B on pods, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't work.

edit: another tek with a similar method and a better explanation IMO: http://adh.2.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=171&st=0&#entry1019

I might have to try this......someday. After doing the google, this method seems pretty straight forward. if anyone has good results, please share.

last edit i promise: from the above tek "Acid or base addition is unnecessary and unwanted because of possible decomposition of the maleate salt,
into possibly less soluble constituents."

Last edited:
i'm glad i don't do opaites anymore..was doing $2500+ of seeds and pods in '08 along with a few grams of heroin about once a month...fuck that noise.

It's a waste of time and money to get seeds from the local grocery store. Those seeds are useless and are intended to be or they would not be for sale in the first place. Frankly, I cannot see what the difference is in the ones that come sealed in pods bought online. The real truth serum is in the pods themselves. Cook up a batch of those just right and you may have money that was well spent.

i have been reading home methods of getting high, and i just wanted 2 kno wich one is the best ;)

Which home methods have you read about? I am very interested in this topic. Pods are pretty awesome, but they aren't a "thrifty" alternative or anything like that.

Depending on where you live, maybe OTC codeine? Some people can get an "ok" nod from it once they get used to the caffeine overload.

^ From what I know, only Canadian OTC codeine products have to have caffeine in them. Other places, like Australia, just have paracetamol/ibuprofen/aspirin, which can be easily removed via a CWE.

I think in the USA you can't get codeine OTC but you can get poppy pods fairly easily... unlike in Australia where all parts of the poppy except the seeds are illegal.

alysia_2012_lol, remember that most 'home' highs walk the line between legal and illegal, and some are downright illegal, not to mention potentially harmful. I reckon extracting active opiates from poppy material is probably illegal in most places.

^ From what I know, only Canadian OTC codeine products have to have caffeine in them. Other places, like Australia, just have paracetamol/ibuprofen/aspirin, which can be easily removed via a CWE.

If you can get codeine without caffeine you're doing well. We don't have a drug use/trade problem here anymore... you know since they tossed the caffeine in there.

There's also a few plants and mushrooms that are easy to grow or may grow wild.

im surprised that everyone who tried smoking the puddy poppy seed stuff didnt try using the tin foil method, vaporizing it. it was always my understanding that putting a flame directly onto opiates burns them making them useless, and that's why the method of smoking tar heroin is with tin foil and a tooter. it seems like the method with this poppy seed puddy would be the same...

im surprised that everyone who tried smoking the puddy poppy seed stuff didnt try using the tin foil method, vaporizing it. it was always my understanding that putting a flame directly onto opiates burns them making them useless, and that's why the method of smoking tar heroin is with tin foil and a tooter. it seems like the method with this poppy seed puddy would be the same...

That's a very good point. But I have smoked very good opium in Kashmir which borders Afghanistan so it was no bullshit Opium. I used to put it in a bowl in my weed and smoke it with direct flame no problem. Got high as fuck!

But this 'putty' is obviously weaker so maybe we have to be less harsh with it than Morphine rich real Opium.

You maybe onto something!

I will do an iso extraction and evaporate it and do some 'research' :D When I get back to work (bakery=D) on the 18th. Will try the tin foil method.

Although drinking the tea is just as fucking good if not better than smoking real opium .... although the novelty of smoking it does appeal.

Peace!

Just a quick reminder to please not ask for sources, even for something legal like this. Thanks :)

Yes i buy it all the time 180 proof which is 90 percent pure alcohol and safe for consumption ...its a little pricey but its name is spirtus