[some one I know] tried the opium extraction and this is what he did:
1) Placed 500g of poppy seeds into a 1.5L container with a lid
2) Poured 500ml of methylated spirits into the container
3) Agitated the mixture for about 10min and let sit for another 20min
4) Opened the cap just enough to let the liquid out and poured it into a bowl
5) Let sit in the bowl until the ethanol evaporated away
He used too much methylated spirits so it took a long time to evaporate away. It took so long that he had to put the bowl ontop of a pot of boiling water to help it evaporate.
A brownish resin was left behind that was sticky. The yield was incredible! 500g which usually makes one serve of poppy tea made enough opium for 4 people being smoked continuously for 2 hours.
A pipe at first was used but the pipe got to hot to handle because the opium took a long time until it smoked up. A much better method was to coat a cigeratte with the tar and smoke it.
This size of about a match head was put into a pipe and smoke. The smoke tasted like poopyseeds and was harsh. Half way through smoking a rush could be felt similar to when the tea peaks. Felt body tingling or as someone else described "when you get excitement in your tummy ". After the rush felt euphoria and calmness more than you can ever achieve from drinking tea. A while later and after a few more pipes the cigeratte method was used. By placing the tar on the end of the cigeratte and lighting it up the amount consumed was enormous. A large body rush was felt and started to nod out before the cirgeratte could even be finished. The feeling of content was so great just sat on the chair with a half finishsed cigeratte without a care in the world whist half an hour passed away. After the rush finishes (about +30min) a feeling a heavy body load and just plan not feeling very well followed. This was so bad just had to lie down and sleep it off.
The Methylated Spirits:
The problem of the after feeling from the opium made has rasied issues about using methylated spirits for the extraction. The bottle says "96% ethanol". What is the other 4%? Does it evaporate away or could it be harmful when smoked to cause the bad feeling? or is it just 4% water? I know there are other alkiods in the poppy resin other than Codeine and Morphine that can cause bad symptoms, is it just these other alkaloids that were felt? Or perhaps just too much was smoked without letting the first dose finish. Is there any alchohol I can use other than methylated spirits that doesn't have nasties in it? There was isopropyl alchohol but that costs $8 for 125ml whereas methylated spirts costs $2 for 1L.
Sorry for the bad grammer and spelling, it has never been one of my strong points. Also I didn't write a very discrpitive report on the high because I wanted to dissuss the method more which was brought up in this thread Poppy Seed 'Tea' - Exp - Great relief from new prep. method. If this isn't the right forum for this to be discussed could a moderator please move it.