Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Snorting DMT!

Special-T.B.K

Bluelighter
Hi,

It is my first time using DMT and Iam Just wondering if it is possible to snort DMT? and what effects it has. As in is it better to snort, smoke it!

Also what are the best Methods of Administration?

SpecTBK=D

8( I hope you treat DMT with respect and you are ready for the experience, it isn't a drug to be taken lightly and you should do a lot more research before you have it. DMT is not orally active without a MAOI, so if you snort it nothing will happen. Smoking it is the most common method of administratio however it is possible to have it orally with an MAOI (ayahuasca) or IV.

it really hurts to snort. Also, you can get high without an maoi via snorting or eating it, however, the dose required is quite large and generally not at all cost effective. Definately smoke it unless you know what your doing with maois.

EDIT: You can IV it very successfully without an MAOI. This is certainly the preferable method to smoking. You need to use less DMT and the effects last longer and are generally stronger. However, most DMT I have seen in Aus has come from 'crude' extractions and is by no way safe to IV. If your going to inject, make sure it is extremely pure (crystal). If it is a brownish pastey/crystally substance, then smoke it. I wouldnt IV either if you've never done that before. However, if you had more or less pure DMT then IV is def the way to go, as smoking DMT is not entirely pleasant (the smoke of course, not the experience).

Effects i find are very similar to a HIGH dose of MUSHROOMS. the peak tends to last from 5- 15minutes, depending on dosage. After effects could last from 10min to an hour or 2. Generally tollerance does not occur, so you can continually dose again and again. However, the more doses you have, the more the after effects linger, until it builds up to the point that you feel pretty weird until you can sleep if off. (This is all based on smoking DMT WITHOUT a MAOI)

Last edited:
I respect all the drugs that I use and don't treat DMT any different. However I have used Salvia before (a cpl of times) and it is supposed to be alot more potent than a DMT experience.

I have tried reading up about it, but I have not found much info about it and the info I have found only supports the administration of smoking it. Without any info on snorting it. Hence why I asked about it!

SpecTBK =D

BTW the DMT I have is a very light Beige colour and is not the purist form that my mate can get a hold of but he said for a first timer it's probably best for this grade of DMT!

Special-T.B.K said:
However I have used Salvia before (a cpl of times) and it is supposed to be alot more potent than a DMT experience.
Where did you hear that? I don't believe it is correct. DMT is widely regarded in a league of its own when you compare a full breakthrough experience.

Originally posted by Special-T.B.K
I respect all the drugs that I use and don't treat DMT any different. However I have used Salvia before (a cpl of times) and it is supposed to be alot more potent than a DMT experience.

I also do not agree with this statement at all, and I do think a little more investigation is required on your behalf.
Have you tried www.erowid.com ?

Last edited:
If it's your first time trying DMT, DONT IV
It would be so easy to have a bad(and very intense) first experience

By the sounds of the way everyone is reacting to my post you all think that I think I know it all...

When in fact I don't thats why I posted here! DUR

I have looked on EroWid and read time and time again but the only info I could not find was about SNORTING....

I can not recall where it was that I read about Salvia being a more intense psycadelic. It may have been on here or on EROWID, but Iam not sure, I have searched again to see but I can not find the page I got it from!

Anyway If I say so myself... this has gone off-topic, can we go back onto the topic of SNORTING DMT...

SpecTBK=D

If the DMT is that gluggy red acacia extract then I really would advise against trying to snort it.

killarava2day said:
If the DMT is that gluggy red acacia extract then I really would advise against trying to snort it.

Yeh!
It looks like a big hunk of ear wax!
I dont see how it would be easy to snort, or whty anyone would want to?
It seems to me that the effects are strong enough from smoking alone.

I've only ever smoked it, on about 6 occasions. Why snort it? Smoking allows for accurate dose titration - you can try a little crystal about 1/4 match-head size or less to see how you go, then increase dose to suit. IME, the effects come on as you exhale - can't get much faster than that!

Be careful about set/setting - my only ever bad trip (on anything) was smoking a big rock of DMT while drunk & totally not in the right head space for it - had a shit time and it affected me emotionally for months. Talk about learning the hard way 8o !

btw - thanks to Timothy Leary we keep seeing references on ill-informed websites etc to DMT being the "businessman's lunch" because it is such a short trip. HA! =D - reminds me of that Dead Kennedys song about mixing LSD with DMSO and smearing it on the handles of police cars......

ayjay said:
reminds me of that Dead Kennedys song about mixing LSD with DMSO and smearing it on the handles of police cars......

what's the name of this track?
sounds very interesting

dont snort it, get ya crack pipe out and smoke it. i always tell people "dont stop smoking until you see the pipe melt in your hands" (at which time a friend sitting there should grab it off you.) no one ever listens, they think a couple of puffs is enough cuz some patterns start appering, then it wears off in a minute or two, rather than the 15-20 min deep immersion that you should be experiencing. no point doing something like this half-assed, imho

Iam still waiting for my right frame of mind to arrive... Iam making sure that Iam feeling good when I use it, I want it to be a good experience not a kick in the balls! :D

SpecTBK=D

My DMT Experience

Hello everyone, Today I tried my first hit of DMT, I have waited a while for it waiting to get in the right frame of mind, without any depression or anxiety in a happy mood.

I used Dill leaf tips to use as a filler and spread the DMT ontop of the dill leaf tips.

I was expecting a HUGE hit, but apparently this stuff is weak compared to the good stuff!
I had a better hit off Salvia and it was only mild salvia.
I lost my sense of balance but I could still walk, So I went outside to look around, I had mild visuals of a sort in the form of clouds in the sky that were long and thin and fat at the end looking like jellyfish waving in the *water* although they still had the cloud texture, they just looked like waving tenticles. All the trees around me in the garden all looked dark n gloomy and droopy, like they hadn't been watered. The wid is blowing about 5kts-8knts (15ish K's n Hr) the trees looked like they were moving in slow motion. It was good though I enjoyed it. It was brief 10-15mins tops but nothing majorly Visual... (like average LSD) It was nice and mild and didnt really affect me too greatly. I feel fine now and don't feel at all trippy or anything.

I did enjoy it though!

SpecTBK =D