Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Kava Kava

Adoniss

Bluelighter
Heys i just heard that kava kava is illegal in australia soon. Is this true? i have found almost no useful information on the product. Does anyone recommend it or does it go well in combo with ecstasy or weed?

First Ive heard of the laws changing.
It has been regulated for some time so you need a permit to import it/sell it and in some states it is illegal to sell it. I think small amounts for personal use are allowed ATM. Personally I like Kava but it's effects are fairly mild and some people are put off by the taste. Check out erowid for more info.

i checked it out......there is no dosage info or info on effects or anything! I want peoples opinions and thoughts.

I bought a 200g of crushed kava root form an inidian shop last week. it was in the same aisle as all the herbs and spices etc. i wont name the shop or where bu they charged $9.95 for the 200g and there were was probably about 10 packs on the shelf.
its ok, mildly relaxing as a tea. tastes and smells abit like some chinese herbs.
i did find though that it made me more tired the follwing day, lots of yawning. i did have a few small cups of a strong mix though.

IMHO not very recreational. oddly enjoyable though.

I had kava in Vanuatu!

It's the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted :D

Like muddy sour water. And diddly squat effects; no feeling at all except numb lips.

My favorite recollection of the Kava experience was watching the main man at his bucks night. I couldn't believe how many bowls he sank - in-between copious amounts of rum, bourbon and beer of course 8(

Just as the "entertainment ladies" arrived, my mate greeted them at the door while stumbling outside for a spew.

Tragic, but funny from where I was sitting =D

But if the groom-to-be hadn't embarrassed himself enough already, he then went on to explain to the girls that he thought neither of them had enough "beef" and how he like his women on the chunky side - which he specifically ordered. As for the rest of us?....8o certainly no complaints from our corner :D

a few years ago, whilst in fiji, i met up with some locals who invited me back for some kava.

anyway all of us sat in this fly infested straw hut drinking kava....also following the local custom of clapping just before you skull. anyway, after about half a dozen skulls of kava from a coconut shell that was passed around i started to fell sick and left the 'boys.

anway, stumbling through the bush back to the hotel i started spewing my guts up (i had already drunk plenty of 'fiji bitter' beer beforehand) until i reached my hotel. upon arrival i crashed out.

next morning i woke up as white as a sheet and as crook as rookwood.

in summary: it did fuck all to me except make me sick. also, kava is the most repulsive drink i've drunk to date.

don't do it!

Yeah Ive had the stuff in Fiji, Vanuatu and New Calidonia.

It tastes like shit and doesn't do much expect numb your mouth. I wouldn't bother much better drugs around.

Re: I had kava in Vanuatu!

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
It's the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted :D

Like muddy sour water. And diddly squat effects; no feeling at all except numb lips.

That is EXACTLY what I was going to write.. (well, pretty close anyway).

Dont waste your time, unless it is prepared by the natives ;)

^ I lived in Vanuatu for 10 years and know thier kava rocks esp eremango and tanna kava.

but if your in vila look for the Red laet Nakamal in Seaside Stong Kava Local expat crowd. or learn some Bislama and go to one of the many Nakemals around the country indicated with a red lantern hanging on the street side. Say "bai mi karem wan sell" and enquire about the price by asking "how muss emya??"

AAAANNND Vanuatu kava is hands down the best kava man can get as its from fresh volcanic soil.

I picked up a 1kg bag of the stuff not long ago, it's horrible to taste in tea or something but if you get your favourite fruit juice (like a huge popper?) and mix a teaspoon or two into that it's quite alright to stomach!

yep tasts yuk and looks like muddy water, didnt do anything when i tried it, over rated

IWoody said:
[B or learn some Bislama and go to one of the many Nakemals around the country indicated with a red lantern hanging on the street side. Say "bai mi karem wan sell" and enquire about the price by asking "how muss emya??"

[/B]

Darling that's what I did. My sister was working there for a year, she and one of the local ne-Vanuatu women took me to a little hut in the shanty villages with a red lantern out the front. We asked for the kava just like you described.

I'm sorry, it still tasted like shit and did nothing =D

Well I have consumed my fair share of utter filth in the name of getting high and kava doesnt even rate a mention. I dont mind the taste at all.

We used to use it alot at my mates house.... we were super poor first year uni students so most nights we would buy a case of goon, a pack or two of generic brand codiene pain killers, all the weed we could afford and some kava...... pretty dirty by todays standards but it was good fun and we would get pretty damn trashed...

Kava is good fun if you ask me.... i wouldnt take it too often though...

Kava gets you drunk/relaxed/alert/high but it can also cause liver damage if you abuse it

Check this out...

National Drugs and Poisons Schedule Committee
Record of Reasons for Meeting 42 - October 2004

http://www.tga.gov.au/ndpsc/record/rr200410.pdf
12.2 Kava and kavalactones (p.68)

[... Discussion of kava and background of consideration for scheduling ...]

Schedule 4 - New entry (p.71)

PIPER METHYSTICUM (Kava) in preparations for human use except:

(a) in preparations for oral use containing dried whole or peeled rhizomes or containing aqueous dispersions or aqueous extracts of whole or peeled rhizome when labelled with a recommended daily dose of 250mg or less of kavalactones:

... (i) containing more than 25mg of kavalactones per dose, labelled with the statement: "WARNING: Not for prolonged use. Not recommended for use by pregnant or lactating women. May harm the liver";

... (ii) in tablet or capsule form containing 125mg or less of kavalactones per tablet or capsule; or

... (iii) in the form of a teabag when the amount of dried whole or peeled rhizome does not exceed 3g;

(b) in topical preparations for use on the rectum, vagina or throat containing dried whole or peeled rhizome or containing aqueous dispersions or aqueous extracts of whole or peeled rhizome; or

(c) in dermal preparations.

BigTrancer :)

i had the best sleep i'd had for at least 7+ years. felt slightly sedated like i'd had a small dose of codeine or something. lips were numb - felt interesting.
anyway, i felt a bit more chatty despite slight feelings of sedation.
i went to bed an hour or two after i'd first ingested. remarkable clarity in my dreaming, i was actually in control of everything i was dreaming about. usually i have no control. i woke up the next morning after an 8 hour sleep. i remember opening my eyes and seeing specks on the roof, every little detail. it was as if i'd been up for hours - once again, never been like that. the first 10-20 mins i'm ususally half-awake and barely respond to anything.

to my knowledge it's not going to become illegal

I've seen a few Australian websites that sell it in 50g lots, and there's no mention of it being restricted.