• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

heroin pressed into pill form??

ItchySkratchy

Bluelighter
Just got back from copping from a new guy that I was referred to by a friend....So I meet him and ask him what he has available, and he says "1 gram pills"....I was like "what the fuck is 1gram pill?!!"....So he proceeded to give me a perfectly pressed grayish-brown pill....

So I took it home, weighed it (right on the money), crushed it up, and banged about 1/2 of it, and I must say that it was VERY good dope..

I guess by-and-large this post is kinda pointless, but I was just curious if anyone had ever acquired product like this??? I mean, I've seen dealers get pretty creative with how they package their product, but never this.....I would assume he just used a pill-press, much like how ecstasy tablets are manufactured???

I'm in Boston , and I guess I was just curious if any of you other East-Coasters (rachamim, rivered, etc.....) have seen anything like this????

Yes, heroin can come in tablets, but when its in a "pill" form its generally powder in a capsule. Yes people have used pill presses to make heroin tablets. But who knows the actual diaacetylmorphine/6-mam to binder ratio. I think id rather have powder in a capsule......

Is this just a glorified pill-ID?

no no.....i fully knew what I was obtaining, I jst didn't know how common it was for dope to come like this, as I have never seen it.....( it was a tablet, and much like a dilaudid)....whatever was used for binders was completely water soluable though.....no visible particulates that I could see w/my naked eye.....all in all....good dope I must say...

there was something like this in a recent installment of the dea's microgram thing. from summer of 2004 maybe?

It may be people smuggling it in as vitamins/OTC drugs and just pressed it into pills as comouflage.

Thinking about it if heroin came in pill form it might open a new area in the market. Does diamorphine (H for the n00bs) have a high bioavailability orally? Cause if it does having it in pill form and being able to just swallow it would, for some reduce the stigma of trying it. No smoking or snorting, just swallow it like they (may have) are having a stronger vicodin or some oxy! :\ :)

Im pretty sure Heroin has a TERRIBLE bio-availability. That is why you hear of people plugging it and using it as nose drops (my prefered method) and never "bombinng" (eating) it.

Gaz_hmmmm, I believe that diacetylmorphine has a pretty poor oral bioavailability. I find the idea of diacetylmorphine being compressed into tablets ideal. You can hide very large doses of diacetylmorphine in a prescription bottle or a vitamin bottle. You mentioned that the pill you had was nearly a gram, think about how many grams of heroin tabs you could fit in a vitamin bottle. It would be easier to hide from enforcements.

t3___ said:
Im pretty sure Heroin has a TERRIBLE bio-availability. That is why you hear of people plugging it and using it as nose drops (my prefered method) and never "bombinng" (eating) it.

I've plugged heroin....it tingled

You mentioned it was very good dope, would banging HALF A GRAM be a SMALL dosage? I mean i'm not saying nothing if that's ur usual dose, but for regualar users that could very well be a fucking overdose, IV! Or...it's your normal dose, but i know that H if reasonably good, would get most HEAVY users high from mabye 3 bags or so of iv'ed H.

I JUST heard about this (NYC area) only a few days ago...I think the name was Herotin (spelling not sure). Someone I know who bangs was going to get another, since they were skeptical and only bought one (and ate it, cause he was jonesing and was thinking it was a high-quality generic opiate/oid or a fent pressed pill). He didn't get anything more than a slight buzz and nausea but I suspect that he could have cooked it. Was it grey it speckled?

Incidentally, this is a serious easy way for drug runners to get H into the states; but the idea of selling them in this form may be unique (then again, I dont suspect the majority of buyers cop gram loads on an everyday basis)...

Was the g more expensive, less, or equal to an equivilant stamp or score?

swybs

My old bud dealer when I first started smoking took some rolls one night loved it then wanted some for the next night(STUPID!!!). The dealer was high and was in his car in the dark and went into the wrong pill bag and took out a brown nike and it was a heroin pill. Then a girl I knew Ived a pill she said it took a long time to cook.

swybs said:

Was the g more expensive, less, or equal to an equivilant stamp or score?

swybs

It was actually reasonably priced......($100/g....or pill).....and I called the guy back tonite just to ask "hey....what's the deal w/the pill method of selling???" He said that he just recently began getting these......he doesn't make them himself (or so he says).....but for what I paid, and the quality of the dope, I will definitely be going back for more......the guy I usually frequent has great dope as well but it's all powder......I dunno, there's just something cool about getting a heroin "pill".......I would imagine they just do it for convenience of "transport" and aesthetic value, but I think it's really good shit.....I already did the whole thing, and think I'll get another tomorrow.......He (the dealer) said that it doesn't come that way to be eaten, it's just a more compact way of holding it......pretty unique!!!

ps-swybs, no it was not speckled.......just a straight grey/light brown color......when I added water and drew it up into my rig, it turned yellowish.......I was impressed w/the quality though......I'm just curious as to what kind of binder the manufacturer might have used.....The dealer had no answers for me......And "raoulduke", I have a fairly hight tolerance, so 1/2 gram shot is a hefty shot, but nothing I can't handle......

(edited fo' spellin')

Last edited:
Hmmm...

Never heard of it,although that does not mean jack. Heroin in pill form was once rather common here in the States...up until the mid 1950s.Back then people actually perferred morphine to heroin. UNDOC has a good paper on it..."Counterfeit Morphine Pills" In any event, alot of Colombian comes in "fingers" which are pressed very hard into long cylyndrical bars...sort of like a roll of coins. IF the "pill" was rough on top and bottom you might just have lucked out but then again you'd probably be dead by now. I do not see the sense in pressing it up as it requires a bit of effort to acquire a press and stamping your adulterated powder is a hell of alot easier but it would not suprise me. On another note, Atrain, I never saw it in Microgram, do you recall the issue?

On bioavailability, the same mechanics as morphine...in other words, it is a waste of a good thing.

rach, i just looked for it and now i cant find it. maybe im remembering wrong. memory problems, im sure you understand.

Kinda on topic...

When I read old books on the junk culture they are constantly talking about 'caps'. I have always imagined these as little caps (think like a 1/2 M&M with a sealed top) or do you think they just mean 'caps' as in capsules?

I have never came accross heroin in pill form, how big was it? Well pressed?

I have seen dope come in a wide range of carriers: foils, glassine wraps, melted straws, gel caps, baggies, vials, wrapped in paper, plastic baggies tied-off, rocks delivered hand-to-hand. Never pills though.

My favorite or rather more creative was the heat sealed straw at both ends, granted it was heroin coming from a spot that was commonly known as a 'snorters spot' because a wack cut when cooking. It was kinda inventive a you just cut the top off and sniff right out of the straw.

Pill form sounds intriguing though could just be another marketing ploy. Next, thing they are going to go the route of 'X' stamping there logos on the heroin pills.

I hope not, I prefer mine clear baggies, stapled and than heat sealed, or taped.

Blah...

Up until the early 70s heroin was only sold in capsules here in NYC. They cost 50 cents until the early 60s and a cap would do 3 junkies just right. Iin the mid 60s the price rose to 75 cents and then very quickly to a dollar. Around the start of the 70s nickel bags came out and with them the first glassines. A nickel used to fill all of the first fold inthe glassine to the bursting point and asa result the dealers would place it inside a second glassine and then tape it shut. Remember that this heroin is the Corsican White from France and Sicily...The best illicit heroin to ever come out...way better than #4...Nickels used to come in "loads" and "half loads." After the very early 70s caps disappeared from heroin but were still used from time to time in the coke market up until the mid 80s...A long standing brand in my neighborhood was "Red Cap."

Down south you can still find caps sold as dimes. They hold an obvious advantage as far as concealment but are still labor intensive when it comes to "bagging/capping up."

Blah pt. 2...

The straw melted at both ends is a long time marketing technique from S.E. Asia. In Thailand the cheapest form of heroin is sold that way.